As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How long have you been viewing the AC?

bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
edited January 2013 in Artist's Corner
Simple question this time. How long have you been posting in or lurking in the AC? Even if you have posted long ago, disappeared, and are now back, how long has it been since you popped your AC cherry? I'm curious to see if there are more old-timers than newer members.

bombardier on

How long have you been viewing the AC? 82 votes

Less than one year.
4% 4 votes
1 to 2 years.
4% 4 votes
2 to 3 years.
8% 7 votes
3 to 4 years.
4% 4 votes
4 to 5 years.
9% 8 votes
5 to 6 years.
7% 6 votes
6 to 7 years.
9% 8 votes
7 to 8 years.
13% 11 votes
8 to 9 years.
30% 25 votes
I've been here since you were in diapers.
6% 5 votes

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    SO MANY POLLS.

Also I'm pretty sure I lurked here for like a year before joining. So....9 years? Jesus Christ.
    Also, I totally ninja-answered in the first version of this :P

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I have been around forever, in one way or another.

Maybe longer than I actually remember.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I lurked here for a year and joined in '08. I used to pop in from time to time earlier, but everyone back then was kind of crazy aggressive so I'd leave quietly without trying to make any noise.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I came in to see SO battle DMAC. "Its full of stars"

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    One of my buds from wow beta got me to come here... so that was about 8 years ago, but like most I lurked for about 6 months or so to a year before posting anything.

Mustang wrote: »
    I lurked here for a year and joined in '08. I used to pop in from time to time earlier, but everyone back then was kind of crazy aggressive so I'd leave quietly without trying to make any noise.

That was the best time :(

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Mustang wrote: »
    everyone back then was kind of crazy aggressive

@Mustang:
    What are you sayin'?
    You sayin' I've gone soft?
    Sayin' I've lost my edge in my old age?!
    Fuck you, horse!

mustangPunch.jpg
    (Nah, not really.)

• MuddyParasolMuddyParasol Registered User regular
    Been lurking for four years now. I can't for the life of me remember how I found this forum, it boggles my mind because to be totally honest I'm not a fan of the Penny Arcade comic (HERESY!).

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2013
    I remember the forums before they became vBulletin, and were that more reddit style comment thread. The really dark blue interface with gabe and tycho on the sides. I'm fairly sure I didn't post, though, until we got to the blue and gray vBulletin board. I'm not sure where that puts me on the years timeline. I think I'm actually over 10, though my badges are at nine. Nine years would put me at 15 when I started the boards, but I'm pretty sure I started at 13 or 14.

I Maybe didnt actually sign up, because I was too busy with the MegaTokyo forums, Artfu Oekaki, starting at the great artists on EatPoo, and role playing on Orson Scott Cards forum before he shut that down. But 9 years is still way too many.

Iruka on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    When was Iridium Ape here? That's my earliest memory.

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Joined 7 years ago but nervously lurked for a year or two before that. First memory of PA at all was from a sequential art class I took in 2002.

• akanekunakanekun Registered User regular
    I had to check my profile to see how long ago I joined, but I know I lurked for a looooooong time before I posted anything.

• ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    I remember lurking for a while before even joining, and then lurking some more.

So if I joined on my old account in 2004 then I guess it's been really about 10 years now.

• CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Holy crap. I thought maybe 2-3 years but I went and google searched my name and this forum and found photo posts from 2006. So 6+ years.

Jesus, I suck at estimating time.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I lurked long before I joined, and had another account before this one, so probably around eight years.

Flay on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I lurked longer than any of these options (ignoring the last one) allows. That's terrifying.

• MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    I'm a noobie, I started lurking in mid-2007.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I lurked longer than any of these options (ignoring the last one) allows. That's terrifying.

So you're saying there's 9 year olds looking at this right now?

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    I remember coming here when I was a sophomore in high school, which would have been around 2002-2003. Meaning I must have lurked a year or two before making an account!

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Not as long as it feels.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Oh Jesus. Ummm wow. Since I was in college. So 10+ years?

• srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I was on the CTRL-ALT-DEL art forums for a few months when I was 15 and learning about digital drawing, and then I realized PA had forums and checked them out.

I came for the superior artists that made me feel inadequate but super inspired.

I stayed because the community was mostly really mature and down-to-earth, and also to annoy everyone by being a shit-headed teenager.

And then decided my writing > my visual art. I do miss this place whenever I stop by.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    polls are fun! keep them coming!

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Yeah, I gotta think of a new question.

"On a scale of 10 to Smashing, how sexy is my mustache"