As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Port[chat]ia

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Oh I see his isn't legit.

Hah oh god.

488W936.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Fucking Django Unchained.

I have Trinity from that movie stuck in my head... except when I have the theme from Django.

Fucking movie soundtrack colonizing my brain.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Yakitori man is constantly asking the Japanese pseudo-hostesses if they would fuck me, or asking me if I would fuck them

I continue to drink

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa is so fucking awesome.

Color wood block printing for the win.
    It now just makes me think of this political cartoon that completely misses the point.
    APML8.jpg
    "Missing the point" implies that there is a point to miss. As long as bond interest rates are so low that people are paying us to borrow their money, and the market rates T-bills as the safest investment in the world, there is absolutely no debt problem.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I got to play with Bulgarian girl's 8 month old niece today. My iPhone was the best toy - it showed pictures, it was also good for bashing on things and sliding around the carpet. I think she was largely excited that it was the only thing her hands were big enough to hold onto.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    This thread on NeoGAF is going to go great places.
    Here's the rundown:

I met a really nice girl on Geek 2 Geek, a geek dating website that specializes in hooking up people who are particularly nerdy. I wasn't supposed to. The site incorrectly gave me a free month of use. I post frequently in the OkCupid thread, having used that and plentyoffish before. The reason I use these sites instead of say, a bar, is because I have much more game over the internet than in real life. Which is not to say I don't have any in real life, which I do. I just prefer the internet because it's easier to gauge someone's interest in you than weird body language or mixed signals. At least to me.

Anyway, back to the story. I met her right before Christmas, and on Christmas Eve, we had a four hour conversation over the phone that was positively awesome. The next night, we had another, and it was clear to me that this girl was something special.

Fast forward to two days later, and she's remarking how happy she's been in a long time, especially being able to find someone to relate to much more so than any guy's she's been with in the past. This is when she drops the bombshell on me. She is willing to send me a check with money to get a plane ticket to see her. I'm floored. No one has ever offered to do that for me in my life.

I figure, why the hell not, and say yes. I don't have anything tying me down at the moment (job nonexistent, career slowly starting), and accept. A week later, the check arrives, and it's for $300. Before that check arrived though, she ends up instead buying the ticket online and telling me to bank the money I just got from her.

Floored again. I can't just refuse someone now who especially already spent their money on me by buying a ticket. It would be against my own code of honor. It would be a slap in the face.
    I don't need condoms. Things are taken care of. Plus she doesn't want kids.

Stuff like this really shows the declining quality of H&A

This forum is for normal people now. :P

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Yakitori man is constantly asking the Japanese pseudo-hostesses if they would fuck me, or asking me if I would fuck them

I continue to drink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLfdKtAMKEs

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    poshniallo wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    If the cheque clears I might have Android to bring down for the holiday.

NetRunner? Coolio. We'll have that, Fleet Captains and Pandemic to keep us warm and boggle the mind of my missus.

You can play a good 3p version of Fleet Captains with a triangular board and two rival Klingon factions, if you need a 3p version.

Excellent. I was going to try having two people on one team if I couldn't get the Romulan expansion in time, but that sounds great as well.

Do you think two rival Federation factions would work? One would obviously be mirror universe dudes.

No reason why not - I just couldn't think of a thematic reason why the Feds would be fighting.

I really recommend a house rule though:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/859374/the-only-houserule-ive-ever-used-command-action

It makes a big difference. I've played with it a few times now and it made the mission decks much more important. And since Feds are more Science, and Klingons more Combat, allows the Influence deck to come into play.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular

I continue to drink

I'm imagining the yakitori man as a ratchety old kami who is messing with you for kicks and the snack bar is really his own pocket dimension.

488W936.png
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

I continue to drink

I'm imagining the yakitori man as a ratchety old kami who is messing with you for kicks and the snack bar is really his own pocket dimension.

I can't see how this is not the case.

Though, if anything happens, you'll be able to talk about the time a japanese kebab salesman took you barhopping got you laid

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    TWO WEEKS INTO Ted Kaptchuk’s first randomized clinical drug trial, nearly a third of his 270 subjects complained of awful side effects. All the patients had joined the study hoping to alleviate severe arm pain: carpal tunnel, tendinitis, chronic pain in the elbow, shoulder, wrist. In one part of the study, half the subjects received pain-reducing pills; the others were offered acupuncture treatments. And in both cases, people began to call in, saying they couldn’t get out of bed. The pills were making them sluggish, the needles caused swelling and redness; some patients’ pain ballooned to nightmarish levels. “The side effects were simply amazing,” Kaptchuk explains; curiously, they were exactly what patients had been warned their treatment might produce. But even more astounding, most of the other patients reported real relief, and those who received acupuncture felt even better than those on the anti-pain pill. These were exceptional findings: no one had ever proven that acupuncture worked better than painkillers. But Kaptchuk’s study didn’t prove it, either. The pills his team had given patients were actually made of cornstarch; the “acupuncture” needles were retractable shams that never pierced the skin. The study wasn’t aimed at comparing two treatments. It was designed to compare two fakes.

http://harvardmagazine.com/2013/01/the-placebo-phenomenon

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Holy shit based on the info he gave the people in the GAF thread have found the girl on geek2geek

goddamn

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Drinking is always the solution

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    is it kosher to complain on Facebook about being unemployed?

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

Don't see why not.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

I continue to drink

>Fuck Yakitori Man

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Hello

Holy shit

Psn:wazukki
    Holy shit based on the info he gave the people in the GAF thread have found the girl on geek2geek

goddamn

DON'T

STOP

goddamn

link?

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Pseudo-hostess asks my age; comments, before I can answer, that I look like I'm into young women

Yakitori man shouts that young women in this town are 40

I continue to drink

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

I am unaware of subjects about which people do not post every damn thing on Facebook. Kvetching about unemployment is the least of it.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Well, it is almost midnight here and I promised my folks that I would skype them in the morning so goodnight chat, take care!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

goddamn

An obvious sham profile which aims to lure men into secluded locations for organ harvesting?

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Run, Zven! They're onto us! Back to Romania!

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Posh, that sounds like a reasonable house rule. I'll stick that into the game.

goddamn

An obvious sham profile which aims to lure men into secluded locations for organ harvesting?

THE FALCON HAS LEFT THE NEST

I REPEAT

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Simon likes pseudo hostesses aged, just like his steak

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

I continue to drink

Ohhhh boy. This is going to end badly....

Kalkino wrote: »

Gives a new meaning to tough as a $2 Steak

edited January 2013
    Pseudo-hostess asks my age; comments, before I can answer, that I look like I'm into young women

I continue to drink

>Ready handgun

Mojo_Jojo on
    Kalkino wrote: »

Well done or does he prefer a little pink meat in the middle?

488W936.png

goddamn

I REPEAT

What is this?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Im not going to post the profile but ill say its on page 16 of that thread if you really want to look

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Geek2geek is a thing?

Damn my self-stigmatizing that kind of stuff, I imagine it would probably be an overall positive step in my life, but I just don't think I can bring myself to do that. I just think about it and this is all I hear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRuuF-5ZST8

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Posh, that sounds like a reasonable house rule. I'll stick that into the game.

Cheers. I just read the lone comment on BGG, and apparently it is unclear that the new action costs an action.

This action does in fact cost an action.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

I continue to drink

Ready handgun nunchucks
    This is Japan man. Fixed for you.

Bless your heart.

goddamn

I REPEAT

What is this?

never you mind.

>HELP

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    "Indian giver" is the weirdest offensive phrase. Like, the Europeans probably did a lot more of that shit.

>HELP

Are you under duress?

Key your forum post twice if you're under duress.

This discussion has been closed.