As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Port[chat]ia

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I slit the throat of a maid.

but the heart told me she would die horribly tomorrow if she lived. So it was a mercy.

ftOqU21.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    "Indian giver" is the weirdest offensive phrase. Like, the Europeans probably did a lot more of that shit.

not really

cultures that don't engage in overt trade do conceive of like-for-like gifts

aRkpc.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    "Indian giver" is the weirdest offensive phrase. Like, the Europeans probably did a lot more of that shit.

Well, yes. But the phrase comes from the Amerindians wanting their land back after they "sold" it. It's like how Gul Dukat didn't accept that he did anything wrong on Bajor.

Lh96QHG.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    what up bros

919UOwT.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    MOT and associated repairs for the car has ended up a shade over £200. Could have been worse.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    AyQuO.jpg

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I have viewed the Keystone in the Battle Square. So begins the chain of events...

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    2cuntswalkintoabar.jpg

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    what up bros

simon is on a mystical adventure through Japanese dive bars with a kebab salesman who is trying to get him some Japanese cougar poon.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    people who are smug about how/what they eat

regardless of what it is

are insufferable

militant vegans? terrible

dude who goes "for every animal you don't eat, i eat two lol" bullshit?

also terrible

smug dieters? fuck off

people proud of how shitty they eat? eat my asshole, why not

it's food

it's the one basic thing 100% of all people engage in consuming on some level or another, jesus christ

Pony wrote: »

regardless of what it is

are insufferable

also terrible

smug dieters? fuck off

it's food

it's the one basic thing 100% of all people engage in consuming on some level or another, jesus christ

Pony in favour of smug-free diets.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Simon likes pseudo hostesses aged, just like his steak

Well done or does he prefer a little pink meat in the middle?

Partial credit. Please assist Simon when he cleans the blackboard

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Jesus. It is staggering how good original Total Recall is compared to the remake.

Like holy god, better in every way.

Casual wrote: »
    what up bros

simon is on a mystical adventure through Japanese dive bars with a kebab salesman who is trying to get him some Japanese cougar poon.

yes

simon the answer is yes

919UOwT.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Man, people talk about how easy it is to get a prescription for X pill, and how we are living in a pharma zombie culture

But umm

I have a legitimate diagnosis of ADD, and I have been bounced between 3 doctors now getting a chain of refferals for someone willing to write a fucking adderall prescription. My wife has fibromyalgia, and for all intents and purposes if you listen to the anti pharma crowd, she would have been offered Oxy at her first appointment. She saw a neurologist for over a year before he even offered her an opiate (she didn't accept).

So I really have trouble believing you can just "walk in" to most doctors and get whatever "candy" you want ( to use anti-pharmas terms).

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Jesus. It is staggering how good original Total Recall is compared to the remake.

This does not bode well.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
    this is how trade frequently works in non-monetary societies: I give you a gift. Later, when I want something else from you, I go up to you and tell you fortunate you are for having such a thing, what a wonderful thing it is, etc., and you're supposed to give it to me.

And if you don't, well, I'll just tell everyone else how selfish and grasping and ungrateful you are.

As a rule this only works when we have to continue interacting with each other, and others, not when you grab your sword and come for what I have. Monetary trade tends to replace it. But it can reappear quite unpleasantly in modern societies:
    On a recent edition of the public radio show “The Story” (air date February 21, 2012), the interviewee, Kenan Trebincevic, a Bosnian Muslim, describes the relationship his family had with a neighbor woman, Petra, a Bosnian Serb. Muslims were being rounded up and placed in concentration camps, and Trebincevic’s family lived in fear. Petra would stop by for a visit, commenting to Trebincevic’s mother, “I like your rug,” or “That’s a pretty dress.” She would then invite the mother over for coffee, all the while talking about how nice the rug would look in her apartment or how good the dress would look on her. Within a context where Petra was known to have betrayed other Muslim residents to patrolling soldiers, Trebincevic says Petra’s message was very clear: “Either agree with what I’m asking you to do, or I’m going to turn you in.” His mother would dutifully fold up her rug or her dress or whatever other possession Petra had tacitly demanded, and give it to her neighbor when she went for coffee.

aRkpc.gif
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Man, people talk about how easy it is to get a prescription for X pill, and how we are living in a pharma zombie culture

But umm

I have a legitimate diagnosis of ADD, and I have been bounced between 3 doctors now getting a chain of refferals for someone willing to write a fucking adderall prescription. My wife has fibromyalgia, and for all intents and purposes if you listen to the anti pharma crowd, she would have been offered Oxy at her first appointment. She saw a neurologist for over a year before he even offered her an opiate (she didn't accept).

So I really have trouble believing you can just "walk in" to most doctors and get whatever "candy" you want ( to use anti-pharmas terms).

Which state were you out of again?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

But umm

Which state were you out of again?

MS

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Far Cry 3 is a great game.

Rich Kids of FUCK YOU Island.

edited January 2013
    Deebaser wrote: »

I liked the part where the Rich Kids' lives and psyches were irrevocably broken.

Ludious on

deebasa blaze de fiya make it bun dem

919UOwT.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

But umm

I think the situation is radically different if you're a savvy drug user. Having worked as a pharmacy tech, I can say that most of the difficulty incurred by mechanisms designed to prevent drug abuse is felt by people with legitimate medical conditions.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

This does not bode well.

Hey - do not use that to imply the original was bad. It was a 90's action movie, but damn if it didn't deal with it's high concepts intelligently while people were getting murdered with mining drills.

This is practically why The Matrix was a success - that movie successfully combined action and some interesting ideas into a compelling package. It's too bad they never made a sequel that continued that.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

regardless of what it is

are insufferable

also terrible

smug dieters? fuck off

it's food

yes yes yes

I certainly don't care about paywalls.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Financial Times URLs look like a keyloggers.

DID NOT CLIK

TL DR wrote: »

But umm

I think the situation is radically different if you're a savvy drug user. Having worked as a pharmacy tech, I can say that most of the difficulty incurred by mechanisms designed to prevent drug abuse is felt by people with legitimate medical conditions.

if the system is only broken for the heroes, then are they really designed to stop the villains?

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

But umm

DRUG DRM DOESNT STOP PIRACY

edited January 2013

Im past the paywall. Allow me to sum up:

Gooby is poopline.
    He and Dolan mad

Deebaser on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    The problem is, I'd imagine, that legitimate doctors don't want to get into that crowd of docs that are basically drug dealers around the glorious south.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @desc I ordered Habibi for myself

and I got you something too :0

@skippydumptruck

Habibi is gorgeous and interesting!

Also :3

Im past the paywall. Allow me to sum up:

Gooby is poop.

i will kill you with a knife as rakyat tradition demands

919UOwT.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    :3

neither link works for me but I noscript/adblock

gooby pls

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

FUK U IT IS THE WAY OF MY PEOPLE

obF2Wuw.png
    edited January 2013

incomplete privatization often generates enormous rents...

one such rent in this case being that there is, realistically, no competitive market for the provision of pipelines, even if the source and end markets are entirely competitive

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    A lie I told to get yakitori man out of the bar he hated has come to bite me in the butt - he was so resentful of the Brazillain bar that I told him that I had work tomorrow

He has declared that it is too late for me and called a taxi

The oldest woman at the hostess bar (also the hottest, in a Mrs Robinson way) is linking arms with me

I continue to drink

This discussion has been closed.