As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Port[chat]ia

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

I certainly don't care about paywalls.

Im past the paywall. Allow me to sum up:

Gooby is poop.

i will kill you with a knife as rakyat tradition demands

Try it, brah. I've got tribal tattoos like whoa.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

oil... more like POOP

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    A lie I told to get yakitori man out of the bar he hated has come to bite me in the butt - he was so resentful of the Brazillain bar that I told him that I had work tomorrow

He has declared that it is too late for me and called a taxi

The oldest woman at the hostess bar (also the hottest, in a Mrs Robinson way) is linking arms with me

I continue to drink

Did you get the neural posting implant?

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Man, people talk about how easy it is to get a prescription for X pill, and how we are living in a pharma zombie culture

But umm

I have a legitimate diagnosis of ADD, and I have been bounced between 3 doctors now getting a chain of refferals for someone willing to write a fucking adderall prescription. My wife has fibromyalgia, and for all intents and purposes if you listen to the anti pharma crowd, she would have been offered Oxy at her first appointment. She saw a neurologist for over a year before he even offered her an opiate (she didn't accept).

So I really have trouble believing you can just "walk in" to most doctors and get whatever "candy" you want ( to use anti-pharmas terms).

I think the situation is radically different if you're a savvy drug user. Having worked as a pharmacy tech, I can say that most of the difficulty incurred by mechanisms designed to prevent drug abuse is felt by people with legitimate medical conditions.

if the system is only broken for the heroes, then are they really designed to stop the villains?
    Yes. Just

kind of poorly

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    There is supposed to be a study showing slightly overweight people are a bit healthier. I'm going to guess that this is because they used the BMI and didn't take into account thinks like the body fat percentage and whatnot. Time to see if I am correct.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Last time I went to a doctor I was prescribed all kinds of unnecessary shit

then again I haven't been to a doctor in this millennium

override367 on
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Jesus. It is staggering how good original Total Recall is compared to the remake.

Like holy god, better in every way.
    This does not bode well.

Hey - do not use that to imply the original was bad. It was a 90's action movie, but damn if it didn't deal with it's high concepts intelligently while people were getting murdered with mining drills.

This is practically why The Matrix was a success - that movie successfully combined action and some interesting ideas into a compelling package. It's too bad they never made a sequel that continued that.
    My memories of that film are Arnie one liners and Bug-eyed choking. Not bad per se, just worse will be in do-not-watch territory.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Simon,

Tell him you work in the afternoon.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    biden-games.png

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    the one thing so far about fc3 that i think could have been done better
    is your transformation into a stone cold killer

I liked all the dialogue around climactic events, as jason starts liking everything that he's doing, but it would have been cool if there was an event early in the game - you have to kill some guard, or something - and you pull the trigger on the controller, and nothing happens. so you pull it again, and again, and nothing is happening. your character looks down at his gun and you realize that jason can't make himself do it! and when you finally do muster the courage to shoot, your shot goes way wide, and you wind up in a hand to hand struggle with the bad guy

that would have been neat. would have really driven the transformation home.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Far Cry 3 is a great game.

Rich Kids of FUCK YOU Island.

It is a ton of fun.

The pacing of the gameplay is weird though. I feel like I'm super duper powerful really early on. I've completed a ton of the bags, pouches and wallets and I've only played the game for 3 hours or so and there's so much map left!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Last time I went to a doctor I was prescribed all kinds of unnecessary shit

then again I haven't been to a doctor in this millennium

Yes, this is also a problem. People don't like to walk out of a doctor's office empty-handed, so if you go to the ER to make sure you don't have a condition that requires actual treatment, even if the answer is "No; go get some rest and drink fluids" you will likely receive a prescription for antibiotics or ibuprofen.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Simon,

Tell him you work in the afternoon.

THIS THIS THIS

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I liked all the dialogue around climactic events, as jason starts liking everything that he's doing, but it would have been cool if there was an event early in the game - you have to kill some guard, or something - and you pull the trigger on the controller, and nothing happens. so you pull it again, and again, and nothing is happening. your character looks down at his gun and you realize that jason can't make himself do it! and when you finally do muster the courage to shoot, your shot goes way wide, and you wind up in a hand to hand struggle with the bad guy

I agree that that would have been cool, but it would have called into question your ability to control the main character for the rest of the game, and that might not have been something they wanted to do.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »

It is a ton of fun.

The pacing of the gameplay is weird though. I feel like I'm super duper powerful really early on. I've completed a ton of the bags, pouches and wallets and I've only played the game for 3 hours or so and there's so much map left!

same thing happened to me.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

It is a ton of fun.

yeah you unlock 90% of the craftables within the first 4 hours

then the game starts

Which game? well that's up to you, my favorite is "blow up a jeep and leave landmines around to kill anyone who runs to help their burning comrades". I'm like a terrorist setting off a secondary bomb once the ambulances show up

override367 on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

this would be cool

the 90% of the player base who wind up complaining of a game-breaking bug to telephone support

not so cool

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    When I was getting discharged from the hospital years ago, the doctor asked me how I felt and I was all "It hurts like hell. Gimme some drugs." and he couldn't because that is what they call "drug seeking behavior". Im all, you dont say?

Now, I do the same dishonest AMA approved kabuki dance to get the fucking drugs!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    A lie I told to get yakitori man out of the bar he hated has come to bite me in the butt - he was so resentful of the Brazillain bar that I told him that I had work tomorrow

He has declared that it is too late for me and called a taxi

The oldest woman at the hostess bar (also the hottest, in a Mrs Robinson way) is linking arms with me

I continue to drink

>Hijack Taxi

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I bought a man-purse.

765677.jpg

(got tired of the Macbook rattling around in my backpack)

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Owning a purse is a natural extension of owning a macbook

it's so european or san fransiscoey

override367 on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    biden-games.png

Beedn wat u doin

Beedn pls

• Options
    I carry my laptop bag everywhere, it has every important document pertaining to everything in it

I use it like a purse, but looks like I'm a businessman who does important things

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Jesus. It is staggering how good original Total Recall is compared to the remake.

This does not bode well.

Hey - do not use that to imply the original was bad. It was a 90's action movie, but damn if it didn't deal with it's high concepts intelligently while people were getting murdered with mining drills.

This is practically why The Matrix was a success - that movie successfully combined action and some interesting ideas into a compelling package. It's too bad they never made a sequel that continued that.
    My memories of that film are Arnie one liners and Bug-eyed choking. Not bad per se, just worse will be in do-not-watch territory.

Are you one of those people who also doesn't watch Die Hard at christmas?

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I slit the throat of a maid.

but the heart told me she would die horribly tomorrow if she lived. So it was a mercy.

The heart actually has a random rotation of stock things that it says about all the not-major characters.

People that it has unique comments on: Havelok, Martin, Lord Pendleton, every major target, Granny Rags, Slackjaw, the Torturer, Emily.

As far as I know that's it.

Everyone else defaults to one of the stock comment "types": City watch, assassin, survivor, weeper, plague victim, servant etc.

It is absolutely worth making sure that you hear all the heart's comments on the major characters. If you're having difficulty getting line of sight on a hostile major character without aggro, remember that you can lean out from behind a wall or cover and still use a left hand weapon, crossbow, grenade etc including the heart.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Interior crocodile alligator

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The study that everybody is citing to say being slightly overweight is healthier only looks at BMI and doesn't take into account the cause of death. Why the fuck wouldn't it look into cause of death?

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I bought a man-purse.

765677.jpg

(got tired of the Macbook rattling around in my backpack)

I have that same pouch for my netbook, just in black.

Tis a goodly pouch.

Thing.

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

this would be cool

the 90% of the player base who wind up complaining of a game-breaking bug to telephone support

not so cool

Yeah, there's no way to distinguish that from "why is it not working".

It would have to be
    when you line up the shot and fire, it triggers a cutscene that does all of that

• Options
    It doesn't surprise me though that BMI "ideal weights" are lower than what is actually healthy.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    God, all that game needed was more QTE events
    I hate the fuck out of QTE events.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    im at work but my butt is full of farts oh no

• Options
    When I was getting discharged from the hospital years ago, the doctor asked me how I felt and I was all "It hurts like hell. Gimme some drugs." and he couldn't because that is what they call "drug seeking behavior". Im all, you dont say?

Now, I do the same dishonest AMA approved kabuki dance to get the fucking drugs!

Back when I was young and reckless, my then-girlfriend was having some minor surgery. She was getting prepped and I was basically handling the paperwork.

Nurse: And she'll just need to fill a prescription for antibiotics and one for Vicodin, OK?
    Me: Wellll she has not had good luck with Vicodin in the past, it irritates her stomach and doesn't seem to do much for pain.
    Nurse: Uh, alright. How about Percocet?
    :bz

• Options
    I had to look up what a QTE was but, as soon as I did I was like "I fucking hate those".

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Is anyone else terrified their coworkers will discover they're not actually a serious adult but a barely functional manchild who just wants to play skyrim instead of do important stuff

override367 on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is anyone else terrified their coworkers will discover they're not actually a serious adult but a barely functional manchild who just wants to play skyrim instead of do important stuff

I get my Warhammer orders sent to the office so. . .

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I had to look up what a QTE was but, as soon as I did I was like "I fucking hate those".

Everyone hates them.

There is not a single person on the planet that actually enjoys quick time events.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

This does not bode well.

Are you one of those people who also doesn't watch Die Hard at christmas?

Hey those are Bruce Willis one liners!

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    This might be everybody. Or everybody else is a robot.

One of the two.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

It is a ton of fun.

yeah you unlock 90% of the craftables within the first 4 hours

then the game starts

Which game? well that's up to you, my favorite is "blow up a jeep and leave landmines around to kill anyone who runs to help their burning comrades". I'm like a terrorist setting off a secondary bomb once the ambulances show up

However the craftables you open up later are crazy awesome. Also re: the thing discussed in spoilers above about the protagonist.
    That was kinda shown in the little intro tutorial. You're dude was kinda freaking out a lot when your brother started droppin' fools.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.