As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Port[chat]ia

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Back home

Eating convenience store oden

Night was a 7/10, would go drinking with yakitori man again

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Is anyone else terrified their coworkers will discover they're not actually a serious adult but a barely functional manchild who just wants to play skyrim instead of do important stuff

I am pretty sure it's the opposite here.

sig.gif
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    The best story from my brothers ex-girlfriend was when she had appendicitis.

Because my parents are GPs so they were all "holy shit don't fuck around with abdominal pain like that", so my dad took her to the hospital emergency room. Then started shortening the line by diagnosing people who were in front of them.

It is the most badass use of a medical degree I have ever heard of.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Is anyone else terrified their coworkers will discover they're not actually a serious adult but a barely functional manchild who just wants to play skyrim instead of do important stuff
    I failed that when I complained about the price of pot noodles when talking about serious effects of the economic downturn.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Cass, bring a dog into work. Blame it on the dog. Problem solved.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    im at work but my butt is full of farts oh no

you have a full time job, right? I thought you were still in school for some reason.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Oh god I'm starting to find economic practice sexually arousing.

Or whatever it is when you eat the chocolate-backed representation of people's messiah.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I slit the throat of a maid.

but the heart told me she would die horribly tomorrow if she lived. So it was a mercy.

The heart actually has a random rotation of stock things that it says about all the not-major characters.

People that it has unique comments on: Havelok, Martin, Lord Pendleton, every major target, Granny Rags, Slackjaw, the Torturer, Emily.

As far as I know that's it.

Everyone else defaults to one of the stock comment "types": City watch, assassin, survivor, weeper, plague victim, servant etc.

It is absolutely worth making sure that you hear all the heart's comments on the major characters. If you're having difficulty getting line of sight on a hostile major character without aggro, remember that you can lean out from behind a wall or cover and still use a left hand weapon, crossbow, grenade etc including the heart.

THE HEART DOES NOT LIE, OKAY

I WAS BEING MERCIFUL

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I am 275lbs give or take, still about 60lbs overweight according to my doctor, but he considers me "basically healthy" now.

No high blood pressure. Sleep apnea, but that appears to be sticking around regardless of my weight. Blood chemistry is good. So I dunno. It's kinda weird. Still definitely "fat" but also healthy.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

you have a full time job, right? I thought you were still in school for some reason.

I've just come to assume she ignored my solid advice re: staying in school.

What? Can't trust advice from the crazy guy?

Lost credibility! Lost credibility everywhere!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I got a $485 dental nightguard for my teeth grinding yesterday

There are massive gashes along its surface today, as if struck by a magnetically accelerated slug from space

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    didn't she graduate

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Because my parents are GPs so they were all "holy shit don't fuck around with abdominal pain like that", so my dad took her to the hospital emergency room. Then started shortening the line by diagnosing people who were in front of them.

And about as far and away from American sensibilities as possible. There is no way a doctor would open themselves up to that kind of litigation nightmare here.

Not to mention it would be ripping the skirt off of HIPPA in a dirty alleyway.

• Options
    I died in dishonored and it was kinda frustrating so I'm gonna play some Day Z instead.

what, that totally makes sense.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I died in dishonored and it was kinda frustrating so I'm gonna play some Day Z instead.

what, that totally makes sense.

"I hit my funnybone so fuck that, I am going to go hammer my dick into a 2x4"

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By is an excellent album title. I do like Dan the Automator.

Apparently there's going to be a follow up to Deltron 3030 this year too.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By is an excellent album title. I do like Dan the Automator.

Apparently there's going to be a follow up to Deltron 3030 this year too.

Del is ice cube's cousin.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I got a $485 dental nightguard for my teeth grinding yesterday

There are massive gashes along its surface today, as if struck by a magnetically accelerated slug from space

maybe your problem isn't teeth grinding but the fact that you have alligator jaws.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I am 275lbs give or take, still about 60lbs overweight according to my doctor, but he considers me "basically healthy" now.

No high blood pressure. Sleep apnea, but that appears to be sticking around regardless of my weight. Blood chemistry is good. So I dunno. It's kinda weird. Still definitely "fat" but also healthy.

with your stomach surgery, what determines when you stop losing weight?

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the tooth-guard at work:

jaws.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

i am still in school

too

stronk

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I slit the throat of a maid.

but the heart told me she would die horribly tomorrow if she lived. So it was a mercy.

The heart actually has a random rotation of stock things that it says about all the not-major characters.

People that it has unique comments on: Havelok, Martin, Lord Pendleton, every major target, Granny Rags, Slackjaw, the Torturer, Emily.

As far as I know that's it.

Everyone else defaults to one of the stock comment "types": City watch, assassin, survivor, weeper, plague victim, servant etc.

It is absolutely worth making sure that you hear all the heart's comments on the major characters. If you're having difficulty getting line of sight on a hostile major character without aggro, remember that you can lean out from behind a wall or cover and still use a left hand weapon, crossbow, grenade etc including the heart.

THE HEART DOES NOT LIE, OKAY

I WAS BEING MERCIFUL

No, you're a murderer.

It's ok though. The game really does tempt you to evil. Just last night I non-violently neutralized Daud, choked him out, and carried him up to this high rooftop where I was stashing bodies.

Then I walked to the edge and threw him over and watched him fall 10 stories and splatter, then I had to re-load my game.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    guys i haven't played dishonored yet

stay vague :P

• Options
    I hope to god if I manage to chew up my anti chew device they'll give me another

I mean the thing should have a warranty of some sort

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

There have been zero spoilers throughout our conversation.

• Options

Continuation of a generally healthy diet, elasticity of the new stomach (not getting stretched out), time. I'm still losing weight, but I am in a plateau. I was also taken off of my blood pressure meds which made me gain about 5 lbs of water weight, and yes I'm sure it's water weight. I've gone off my hypertension meds before due to being out of town and running out. At about 48 hours, I've gained about 5lbs of water. I lose about 3lbs of water in the first day back on the meds.

My body is a camel.

• Options
    right now i have a 'full' course load (not five classes, but the bare minimum i need to be counted as a full time student and get benefits and insurance from the school and osap) fit into mon/tues and then I go to work wednesday/thursday/friday

so I work 24-28 hours a week

• Options

There have been zero spoilers throughout our conversation.

yeah, i know, i said 'stay vague' because you guys are fine so far

• Options
    4 courses here, but I'm on financial aid so I have to spend 12 hours a week with a dozen other guys turning a big wheel in a desert for the next 20 years

• Options
    right now i have a 'full' course load (not five classes, but the bare minimum i need to be counted as a full time student and get benefits and insurance from the school and osap) fit into mon/tues and then I go to work wednesday/thursday/friday

Choco assures me you are excellent at handling full loads

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I hope to god if I manage to chew up my anti chew device they'll give me another

Well, if "Great Dane Rated" chew toys are any indication, there's no warranty.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    this neogaf thread delivers

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

That reminds me of when I was in a car accident. The guy had been drinking and had no insurance. I had borrowed a friends cell to call my Dad as he was the Chief of Police and was home for dinner as he was working that night.

This is how the story went.

Drunk: Hey...uh...I'd like it if we didn't get the police involved.

*I look at him incredulously as the phone starts to ring, my friend looks at him as my Dad picks up and I start talking to him. My friend smirks.*

Friend: Oh buddy...it's too late for that now.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options

Choco assures me you are excellent at handling full loads

i have really strong nails and teeth.

• Options
    I am killing everything.

there are simply too many ways.

I think my favourite might be one of the simple ones

use sleep darts to knock people out

then leave them for the rats to devour

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I paid almost 500 dollars for this thing whos sole function is to keep me from eating my own dentin

override367 on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

Continuation of a generally healthy diet, elasticity of the new stomach (not getting stretched out), time. I'm still losing weight, but I am in a plateau. I was also taken off of my blood pressure meds which made me gain about 5 lbs of water weight, and yes I'm sure it's water weight. I've gone off my hypertension meds before due to being out of town and running out. At about 48 hours, I've gained about 5lbs of water. I lose about 3lbs of water in the first day back on the meds.

My body is a camel.

oh I meant more like

your stomach is teeny tiny now right?

so if you eat healthy you will always be running a deficit and presumably losing weight?

or how does it plateau and how do you maintain once you hit your goal, I guess is what I am saying

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I don't want to do grown up stuff like job and errands, 23 is young enough to move back in with my parents and regress to high school, right?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

I paid almost 500 dollars for this thing whos sole function is to keep me from eating my own dentin

Delicious dentin

Also I've been away for like 2 weeks, why are quoting and spoilers broken? Or is it just firefox?

nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.