As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Port[chat]ia

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    this neogaf thread delivers

???

• Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    The best story from my brothers ex-girlfriend was when she had appendicitis.

Because my parents are GPs so they were all "holy shit don't fuck around with abdominal pain like that", so my dad took her to the hospital emergency room. Then started shortening the line by diagnosing people who were in front of them.

It is the most badass use of a medical degree I have ever heard of.

And about as far and away from American sensibilities as possible. There is no way a doctor would open themselves up to that kind of litigation nightmare here.

Not to mention it would be ripping the skirt off of HIPPA in a dirty alleyway.

That's just what I was thinking!

But I was confused cause I thought 'Lectricity was a United Statesian.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I don't want to do grown up stuff like job and errands, 23 is young enough to move back in with my parents and regress to high school, right?

I'm 27. Yes it is.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    So, there's a lot of joking about this from time to time, but I just want to say that I believe we can now say with confidence that _J_ is a robot.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Cass, bring a dog into work. Blame it on the dog. Problem solved.

I have a plan like that. The dog will be a mountain breed from the Pyrenees, with a scary growl and bark. When unwanted people come to discuss something the dog will be given the cue to growl till they leave

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Maybe it's like Folgers.

"We've secretly replaced this $500 anti-chew device with the mouthguard Mike Tyson wore versus James "Buster" Douglas. Let's see if anyone notices..."

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    So, there's a lot of joking about this from time to time, but I just want to say that I believe we can now say with confidence that _J_ is a robot.

That or a Vulcan.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Maybe it's like Folgers.

"We've secretly replaced this $500 anti-chew device with the mouthguard Mike Tyson wore versus James "Buster" Douglas. Let's see if anyone notices..."

well the problem isn't that I'm going to literally chew through it, the problem is that the surface will lose its smoothness, and a non smooth piece of acryllic is going to be just as good at fucking up my upper teeth as my lower teeth would have been

I could wear a cheap store bought one with it I guess, but then I could've just saved myself $450 and just used two storebought ones. I did research and everything and everyone was like "get a custom fitted one from the dentist"

So far this "seeking medical care for problems" thing is the equivalent of setting money on fire

override367 on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

???

Here is a summary:

Talked to a girl online
    Girl works, OP unemployed
    Girl sends OP money, tells him to go and see her
    OP claims girl knows about thread
    OP claims girl has sent 'body shots'
    OP is in flight right now
    OP is not bringing any condoms

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I am 275lbs give or take, still about 60lbs overweight according to my doctor, but he considers me "basically healthy" now.

No high blood pressure. Sleep apnea, but that appears to be sticking around regardless of my weight. Blood chemistry is good. So I dunno. It's kinda weird. Still definitely "fat" but also healthy.

with your stomach surgery, what determines when you stop losing weight?

Continuation of a generally healthy diet, elasticity of the new stomach (not getting stretched out), time. I'm still losing weight, but I am in a plateau. I was also taken off of my blood pressure meds which made me gain about 5 lbs of water weight, and yes I'm sure it's water weight. I've gone off my hypertension meds before due to being out of town and running out. At about 48 hours, I've gained about 5lbs of water. I lose about 3lbs of water in the first day back on the meds.

My body is a camel.

oh I meant more like

your stomach is teeny tiny now right?

so if you eat healthy you will always be running a deficit and presumably losing weight?

or how does it plateau and how do you maintain once you hit your goal, I guess is what I am saying

There is a balance.
    Healthy Eating, avoid over eating (thus stretching the small stomach out), and energy expenditure.

The stomach -will- stretch out over time, no matter how careful you are. So that ups your ability to eat and caloric intake. So no, there is not going to be a constant deficit. Eventually my average caloric intake will match my average caloric expenditure, thus I will neither gain nor lose weight. Of course, if I get down to 200lbs, it won't be terribly hard for me to have a bad week/month/whatever and gain weight. the smaller you get, the easier it is to take in more energy than you expend.

So it's really no different than anyone else. I just sort of have a cheat code to get me to a normal baseline

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    This sociology class is gonna be funtimes. <== sarcasm.

Can't wait to learn all about iniquity and bullshit like how women are becomming a bigger part of the workforce but still get paid less for the same work.

Whoo...

But seriously, shit be mad interstin.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I have 3 classes

well, technically. Someone thought it would be neat if we had three 10 point classes each semester. So one class last semester and one now are two seperate classes into one.

I get the feeling administration doesn't have enough to do to feel useful.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I hope to god if I manage to chew up my anti chew device they'll give me another

I mean the thing should have a warranty of some sort

Well, if "Great Dane Rated" chew toys are any indication, there's no warranty.

yeah those things are such a lie

my lab/chow is 50 lbs and there's no toy he can't destroy. i can only imagine what an actual great dane or bull mastiff could do

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I hope to god if I manage to chew up my anti chew device they'll give me another

I mean the thing should have a warranty of some sort

Well, if "Great Dane Rated" chew toys are any indication, there's no warranty.

yeah those things are such a lie

my lab/chow is 50 lbs and there's no toy he can't destroy. i can only imagine what an actual great dane or bull mastiff could do

my 25lb schnauzer can tear apart those kevlar "anti chew" toys

They're bullshit

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    boss was flipping out a bit cuz they sent an email at ~8:50something saying i need data! but i was already on my commute so i couldnt do anything till i got in. and then she was like rarr i'm mad and missing my daughters performance. but then she said sorry its not your fault i am just mad at work making me miss this thing. =/

poo
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I need to go get a haircut today before I travel for work tomorrow

I guess I will go during the day, before my 3pm meeting

hmm

• Options
    boss was flipping out a bit cuz they sent an email at ~8:50something saying i need data! but i was already on my commute so i couldnt do anything till i got in. and then she was like rarr i'm mad and missing my daughters performance. but then she said sorry its not your fault i am just mad at work making me miss this thing. =/

Never let a breeder make you feel guilty

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

???

Here is a summary:

Talked to a girl online

... neogaf has allegedly identified girl, is almost certainly going to contact her for giggles

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    children suck

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    This is going to end with one party wearing the other parties skin as a mask, isn't it?

That's about how I see it.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I am 275lbs give or take, still about 60lbs overweight according to my doctor, but he considers me "basically healthy" now.

No high blood pressure. Sleep apnea, but that appears to be sticking around regardless of my weight. Blood chemistry is good. So I dunno. It's kinda weird. Still definitely "fat" but also healthy.

Continuation of a generally healthy diet, elasticity of the new stomach (not getting stretched out), time. I'm still losing weight, but I am in a plateau. I was also taken off of my blood pressure meds which made me gain about 5 lbs of water weight, and yes I'm sure it's water weight. I've gone off my hypertension meds before due to being out of town and running out. At about 48 hours, I've gained about 5lbs of water. I lose about 3lbs of water in the first day back on the meds.

My body is a camel.

oh I meant more like

so if you eat healthy you will always be running a deficit and presumably losing weight?

or how does it plateau and how do you maintain once you hit your goal, I guess is what I am saying

There is a balance.
    Healthy Eating, avoid over eating (thus stretching the small stomach out), and energy expenditure.

The stomach -will- stretch out over time, no matter how careful you are. So that ups your ability to eat and caloric intake. So no, there is not going to be a constant deficit. Eventually my average caloric intake will match my average caloric expenditure, thus I will neither gain nor lose weight. Of course, if I get down to 200lbs, it won't be terribly hard for me to have a bad week/month/whatever and gain weight. the smaller you get, the easier it is to take in more energy than you expend.

So it's really no different than anyone else. I just sort of have a cheat code to get me to a normal baseline

but don't they also bypass some of the small intestine, so that you don't absorb as much from the food? or is that a different type of surgery than what you had?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

???

Here is a summary:

Talked to a girl online

... neogaf has allegedly identified girl, is almost certainly going to contact her for giggles

Which thread is this?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013

Tell her to get her crotch dropping to perform some motherfucking data analysis and get off your nuts.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If it works out, fucking bravo.

If not, this is going to be like the juggalo episode or Workaholics in that it goes exactly as you expect it to.

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Does this person have carefully calculated spreadsheets of everything that will happen with graphs showing happiness return values?

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

I've given up on that thread. We're (J and I) clearly talking past each other.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »

???

Here is a summary:

Talked to a girl online

Which thread is this?

dunno, was going by [chat] commentary

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

I've given up on that thread. We're (J and I) clearly talking past each other.

That has been my experience in every thread with J.

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

My body is a camel.

oh I meant more like

There is a balance.

but don't they also bypass some of the small intestine, so that you don't absorb as much from the food? or is that a different type of surgery than what you had?

Yeah. But you can still reach a point of balance where your stomach has expanded enough to overcome that absorption. It takes years or some pretty hefty abuse of your body though. I mean, I know someone who had it years ago who has put on about 30-40lbs now regardless of malnutritive effects.
    To be fair, this person is an alcoholic so is getting tons off liquid calories.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So it doesn't look like my campus is doing Scale Back Alabama this year.
    Dammit.
    (Watch them wait to post something week of registration just to annoy me)

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

My body is a camel.

oh I meant more like

There is a balance.

Yeah. But you can still reach a point of balance where your stomach has expanded enough to overcome that absorption. It takes years or some pretty hefty abuse of your body though. I mean, I know someone who had it years ago who has put on about 30-40lbs now regardless of malnutritive effects.
    To be fair, this person is an alcoholic so is getting tons off liquid calories.

interesting!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Stolen from the thread because

maybe NSFW

Tube on
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular

hee Hee Hee! It's kind of amazing.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

hee Hee Hee! It's kind of amazing.

I like __J__. He poses important questions, who's answers bear introspection even if they're supposed to seem obvious in our culture.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    ahxcT.jpg
    Oh, for fuck's sake.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    ahxcT.jpg
    Oh, for fuck's sake.

How's the US going to buy all that platinum, anyway? :bz

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    how is that "maybe NSFW"

that is CLEARLY NSFW

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    ahxcT.jpg
    Oh, for fuck's sake.

How's the US going to buy all that platinum, anyway? :bz

NO WAR FOR PLATINUM

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.25 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time)
    Price on order date: $20.25
    Price charged at shipping: $20.00
    Lowest price before release date: $20.00
    Quantity: 1
    Total Savings: $0.25

$0.25 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

WOO, WHAT WILL I SPEND ALL THIS CASH ON!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

???

Here is a summary:

Talked to a girl online

Which thread is this?

This is the thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507838&page=30

dude is currently in the air on his way to meet said girl

This discussion has been closed.