As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Port[chat]ia

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I love that scrolling headline at the bottom as well

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    how is that "maybe NSFW"

that is CLEARLY NSFW

we've had dicktits posted in chat without issue so. . .

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    It was just funny that he said it was "maybe" NSFW

Psn:wazukki
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    How hard is it to grasp that the coin just needs to be made of platinum and say it is worth a trillion dollars while it doesn't need to be made of a trillion dollars worth of platinum. How would that even work considering the price of platinum constantly changes?

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Just because I came doesn't mean you made me cum.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    How hard is it to grasp that the coin just needs to be made of platinum and say it is worth a trillion dollars while it doesn't need to be made of a trillion dollars worth of platinum. How would that even work considering the price of platinum constantly changes?

It's exactly as hard as grasping the fact that they need to just raise the debt ceiling and try their idiot austerity in a real bill.

Lh96QHG.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    does darth vader have two dicks

It's exactly as hard as grasping the fact that they need to just raise the debt ceiling and try their idiot austerity in a real bill.

you mean like a budget bill? where the hell are we gonna find one of those?

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    ahxcT.jpg
    Oh, for fuck's sake.
    Finally a reason to mine asteroids! To fix the US economy.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    So, there's a lot of joking about this from time to time, but I just want to say that I believe we can now say with confidence that _J_ is a robot.

hee Hee Hee! It's kind of amazing.

I like __J__. He poses important questions, who's answers bear introspection even if they're supposed to seem obvious in our culture.

I do too actually. I miss him when he's gone. That thread is non-the-less an extremely clear example of the difficulty one can have communicating with him.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    ahxcT.jpg
    Oh, for fuck's sake.

I love that "Lawmakers" are bypassing congress.

Uh, uhm, those are the lawmakers. The people doing this don't make the laws....since they aren't congress.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

Assuming it needs to contain $1t worth of platinum makes perfect sense to the gold standard crowd; it's how they want the world to work, and modern TV news exists to reassure people that the world works the way they think it does.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    does darth vader have two dicks

tumblr_lnhlt5vRf61qeets1.gif

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    So a trillion in platinum is equal in size to a ballistic missile sub.

If we took all that platinum, and actually made a ballistic missile sub out of it, the GOP would be all for it.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    School on Monday. I'm scaaaaaaaaaasaaared.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Not in the Senate...

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    So, there's a lot of joking about this from time to time, but I just want to say that I believe we can now say with confidence that _J_ is a robot.

I've given up on that thread. We're (J and I) clearly talking past each other.

Pretty much the basic premise of the discussion is just implausible. I think AMFE and I both spelled it out on page one that you just can't remove emotions from the decision. And if that is the case then its time to start dealing with how you feel about the situation and balance that with whatever spreadsheets you think are relevant.

I do like hearing other folks reasons for why or why not they wanted to have them. Its definitely food for thought in my own internal debate.

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

Assuming it needs to contain $1t worth of platinum makes perfect sense to the gold standard crowd; it's how they want the world to work, and modern TV news exists to reassure people that the world works the way they think it does.
    These peeps need to read Making Money.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

Stolen from the thread because

maybe NSFW

What is the huge joke here? Sounds like dude meets girl online, goes to meet her for sex. Pretty sure that happens a lot.

edited January 2013
    cptrugged wrote: »

I've given up on that thread. We're (J and I) clearly talking past each other.

Pretty much the basic premise of the discussion is just implausible. I think AMFE and I both spelled it out on page one that you just can't remove emotions from the decision. And if that is the case then its time to start dealing with how you feel about the situation and balance that with whatever spreadsheets you think are relevant.

I do like hearing other folks reasons for why or why not they wanted to have them. Its definitely food for thought in my own internal debate.

You should have them.

;)
    Misery loves company?

spool32 on

Not in the Senate...

Have you checked inside Mitch McConnell's shell?

Casual wrote: »
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

What is the huge joke here? Sounds like dude meets girl online, goes to meet her for sex. Pretty sure that happens a lot.

He is flying over 1000 miles to meet a stranger he's known for two weeks yet is madly in love and plans to use no condoms

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

These peeps need to read Making Money.

No.

These people need to read Small Gods.

Let's start them at the beginning of their fallacies and work our way up

so I just looked up the trillion dollar coin thing

it was proposed in the comments section of a blog post

obama did not propose it although I guess his press secretary did react to a question about it

what the shit even is this

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Romney swore he had one, but first we had to let him in the treehouse.

Lh96QHG.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

They started talking on Xmas-eve
    She sent him money for the plane ticket then bought another ticket and told him to keep the cheque she sent him.
    They are not using condom because "things are taken care of"
    They are both pretty much dead set on each other being the one.

Not in the Senate...

Tell that to Boehner.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

He is flying over 1000 miles to meet a stranger he's known for two weeks yet is madly in love and plans to use no condoms

And he's flying there based on this stranger's money. Plus three grand that he gets to keep.

There is such a tiny chance that this is on the level.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I am killing everything.

there are simply too many ways.

I think my favourite might be one of the simple ones

use sleep darts to knock people out

then leave them for the rats to devour

My favorite "kill" so far in the game was me trying to sneak around (badly) in the area of this wall of light because I was trying to disable it and get through the gate.

I get noticed, hard. Three guards charge straight at me and I start to backpeddle figuring out what I am going to do.

The lead guard swings his sword, hits a pile of whale oil containers, and obliterates himself and both his friends.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

obama did not propose it although I guess his press secretary did react to a question about it

Obama actually posted that comment. He's big into leaving youtube comments too.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

They started talking on Xmas-eve
    She sent him money for the plane ticket then bought another ticket and told him to keep the cheque she sent him.
    They are not using condom because "things are taken care of"
    They are both pretty much dead set on each other being the one.

I think the joke in the comic is that he gets there and she has a penis and engages him in intercourse using that previously undiscovered penis without the application of a condom.

Maybe.

Psn:wazukki
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

My first attempt at being in a guild in an MMO was in CoH. There was a flirtatious girl in our guild who often made comments that she would have no problem having "gentlemen callers" if they were willing to travel. At least two guys in the guild made the trip. One of them was cross country.

I think it just goes to show what some desperate fellows will do for a chance to run some trim.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

o i c

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

"this video sux fagt" - xXBarryO420Xx

It's people voting for Republicans even after I clearly told them not to!

Why wouldn't they listen to me, an anonymous guy on the internet no one listens to?!

Lh96QHG.png
    now it's far more likely that this guy is in for some severe disappointment with a helping of STDs

but

my parents knew each other for less than a month before getting engaged. they've been happily married for 30+ years

sometimes it works

TehSloth wrote: »

INDVFREEDOMLIBERAL says:Yep minted out of "black Platinum" with Obama's face on it....
    TSIGILI says:The Obama smoke and mirrors won't change a thing. We are deeply in debt, we are doing NOTHING about that debt, and we are spiraling downward, out of control.

Obama is a spendthrift, incapable of managing money. You voted for him, and he is going to destroy the country. You get what you asked for. Self-destruction.
    DEMOCRATS-ARE-COMMUNISTIC replies: linkiconreporticonemailiconWhy did CBS News print the story if there isn't some truth to it?
    It sounds like something Obama would pull you neo-communist in denial and liar.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    the best part is because she is a biologist she has no STD's

Not in the Senate...

Have you checked inside Mitch McConnell's shell?

An anonymous tipster told me that it's on the back of Harry Reid's unfiled tax returns.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the platinum coin is the hero america deserves

This discussion has been closed.