As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Port[chat]ia

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    So, there's a lot of joking about this from time to time, but I just want to say that I believe we can now say with confidence that _J_ is a robot.

I've given up on that thread. We're (J and I) clearly talking past each other.

Pretty much the basic premise of the discussion is just implausible. I think AMFE and I both spelled it out on page one that you just can't remove emotions from the decision. And if that is the case then its time to start dealing with how you feel about the situation and balance that with whatever spreadsheets you think are relevant.

I do like hearing other folks reasons for why or why not they wanted to have them. Its definitely food for thought in my own internal debate.

You should have them.

;)
    Misery loves company?

It's just...

This isn't the time for some crazypants philosophy students drunk in the attic "let's remove the emotive response" sillyness.

You literally cannot remove emotions from the decision to squeeze out a crotch dropping, and @_J_ "I will want them in five years" isn't a "in five years my emotions will be prepared for this thing" it is a "in five years I expect to be in a position on my lifestream which will make having children an option."

It is that simple.

Lh96QHG.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    What was Obama's comment?

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    so I just looked up the trillion dollar coin thing

it was proposed in the comments section of a blog post

obama did not propose it although I guess his press secretary did react to a question about it

what the shit even is this

Obama actually posted that comment. He's big into leaving youtube comments too.

"this video sux fagt" - xXBarryO420Xx
    best president ever

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    what im really saying i guess is

y'all need to stop being so critical and open yourselves up to love

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    the best part is because she is a biologist she has no STD's

because no one has ever used their own body as a canvas for their chosen field

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/21376912/article-Gingrey-says-he’s-open-to-certain-gun-control-measures
    U.S. Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Marietta)...

“And in Missouri, Todd Akin … was asked by a local news source about rape and he said, ‘Look, in a legitimate rape situation’ — and what he meant by legitimate rape was just look, someone can say I was raped: a scared-to-death 15-year-old that becomes impregnated by her boyfriend and then has to tell her parents, that’s pretty tough and might on some occasion say, ‘Hey, I was raped.’ That’s what he meant when he said legitimate rape versus non-legitimate rape. I don’t find anything so horrible about that. But then he went on and said that in a situation of rape, of a legitimate rape, a woman’s body has a way of shutting down so the pregnancy would not occur. He’s partly right on that.”

Gingrey pointed out that he had been an OB-GYN since 1975.

“And I’ve delivered lots of babies, and I know about these things. It is true. We tell infertile couples all the time that are having trouble conceiving because of the woman not ovulating, ‘Just relax. Drink a glass of wine. And don’t be so tense and uptight because all that adrenaline can cause you not to ovulate.’ So he was partially right wasn’t he? But the fact that a woman may have already ovulated 12 hours before she is raped, you’re not going to prevent a pregnancy there by a woman’s body shutting anything down because the horse has already left the barn, so to speak. And yet the media took that and tore it apart.”

These people aren't very bright.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

Stolen from the thread because

maybe NSFW

What is the huge joke here? Sounds like dude meets girl online, goes to meet her for sex. Pretty sure that happens a lot.

They started talking on Xmas-eve
    She sent him money for the plane ticket then bought another ticket and told him to keep the cheque she sent him.
    They are not using condom because "things are taken care of"
    They are both pretty much dead set on each other being the one.

I think the joke in the comic is that he gets there and she has a penis and engages him in intercourse using that previously undiscovered penis without the application of a condom.

Maybe.

It's a strap-on.

why hasn't the GOP sent them all a memo telling them to never say the word rape in any context

btw aren't we getting a new Senate majority whip thingy whatever you call it?

or is it gonna be 4 more yeares of harry reid?

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Seriously if it was just met girl online > offered to fly me out

it would be cool, but its other stuff like the no condoms thing that make people go ...umm ok

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    this guy is going to end up in a giant cauldron with an apple in his mouth

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

At least two more years of Harry Reid, he's majority leader in the Senate.

If the GOP takes the Senate in 2014 (which is quite possible) then a Republican will get the job (but not McConnell, because his ass is getting Tea Party'd).

Lh96QHG.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    now it's far more likely that this guy is in for some severe disappointment with a helping of STDs

but

my parents knew each other for less than a month before getting engaged. they've been happily married for 30+ years

sometimes it works

I wish him the best. Mostly because he won't be dissuaded from this.

But also because there's a pretty hot girl in the lab who is nonetheless completely crazy and spends money foolishly.

it would be cool, but its other stuff like the no condoms thing that make people go ...umm ok

yeah i haven't read the actual thread, so i was just being a little cheeky with some of the comments here.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

What is the huge joke here? Sounds like dude meets girl online, goes to meet her for sex. Pretty sure that happens a lot.

She sent him money for the plane ticket then bought another ticket and told him to keep the cheque she sent him.

I think the joke in the comic is that he gets there and she has a penis and engages him in intercourse using that previously undiscovered penis without the application of a condom.

Maybe.

It's a strap-on.

Well, I'm glad that somebody looked closely enough to determine that, because I wasn't about to.

Psn:wazukki

or is it gonna be 4 more years of harry reid?

Pretty sure the Majority leader has already been chosen, and it's Reid.

@Captain Carrot ?

• InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular

I thought the no-condom thing implied that he had had a vasectomy?

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    why hasn't the GOP sent them all a memo telling them to never say the word rape in any context

what about rapeseed oil

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/21376912/article-Gingrey-says-he’s-open-to-certain-gun-control-measures
    U.S. Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Marietta)...

“And in Missouri, Todd Akin … was asked by a local news source about rape and he said, ‘Look, in a legitimate rape situation’ — and what he meant by legitimate rape was just look, someone can say I was raped: a scared-to-death 15-year-old that becomes impregnated by her boyfriend and then has to tell her parents, that’s pretty tough and might on some occasion say, ‘Hey, I was raped.’ That’s what he meant when he said legitimate rape versus non-legitimate rape. I don’t find anything so horrible about that. But then he went on and said that in a situation of rape, of a legitimate rape, a woman’s body has a way of shutting down so the pregnancy would not occur. He’s partly right on that.”

Gingrey pointed out that he had been an OB-GYN since 1975.

“And I’ve delivered lots of babies, and I know about these things. It is true. We tell infertile couples all the time that are having trouble conceiving because of the woman not ovulating, ‘Just relax. Drink a glass of wine. And don’t be so tense and uptight because all that adrenaline can cause you not to ovulate.’ So he was partially right wasn’t he? But the fact that a woman may have already ovulated 12 hours before she is raped, you’re not going to prevent a pregnancy there by a woman’s body shutting anything down because the horse has already left the barn, so to speak. And yet the media took that and tore it apart.”

These people aren't very bright.

It turns out that you don't actually need to be smart to get a medical degree. You just need to have a good memory and be able to study effectively.

My state has a governor who is a doctor, and also a moron. He says blatantly stupid things every day, with sincerity.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    um

why hasn't that image been broken yet? It'll still be loaded, and people could still get into trouble, even behind spoilers.

calsccwh374iu0xbv.png

maybe NSFW

Maybe.

It's a strap-on.

Well, I'm glad that somebody looked closely enough to determine that, because I wasn't about to.

Bro, I've got your back, bro.

Bro.

Ludious wrote: »

what about rapeseed oil

That seed was asking for it.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

Cause that would be the legitimate response they were asking for as a gift from god.

815165 wrote: »
    this guy is going to end up in a giant cauldron with an apple in his mouth

he could end up in a giant hot tub with a peach in his mouth

who's laughing then?

At least two more years of Harry Reid, he's majority leader in the Senate.

If the GOP takes the Senate in 2014 (which is quite possible) then a Republican will get the job (but not McConnell, because his ass is getting Tea Party'd).

well

poop

God I miss psychopath glasses in movies.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

If we'd only been talking for two-ish weeks and they weren't totally joking about offering to fly me to meet them I'd be pretty concerned. That's a bit mitigated by the fact that it is a dating site, but what unemployed dude goes onto a dating site and starts talking to girls in other states?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

what about rapeseed oil

Rapeseed is an archaic term for canola, is it not?

Tamin wrote: »
    um

why hasn't that image been broken yet? It'll still be loaded, and people could still get into trouble, even behind spoilers.

And now we see why I never ever ever visit these forums from my work PC.

Lh96QHG.png
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I don't get how the second senate candidate says "RAPE" after Akin started it. Like, don't you have somebody, anybody on your staff who will explain you should never, ever say that word?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

what about rapeseed oil

I don't want to consume anything that's the product of seeds raping each other

what about rapeseed oil

Because the GOP would never use an archaic term for anything

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

I thought the no-condom thing implied that he had had a vasectomy?

people are also worried about STD's

you dont go bang some girl from the internet and take her word for it.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

If we'd only been talking for two-ish weeks and they weren't totally joking about offering to fly me to meet them I'd be pretty concerned. That's a bit mitigated by the fact that it is a dating site, but what unemployed dude goes onto a dating site and starts talking to girls in other states?

Guys who are gonna get some serious unprotected luvin' from their sugar mommas.

now it's far more likely that this guy is in for some severe disappointment with a helping of STDs

but

my parents knew each other for less than a month before getting engaged. they've been happily married for 30+ years

sometimes it works

I wish him the best. Mostly because he won't be dissuaded from this.

But also because there's a pretty hot girl in the lab who is nonetheless completely crazy and spends money foolishly.

tell her you are offering her an exclusive purchase opportunity on a mint, never before used, collector's edition penis

then take your pants off

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Just today my governor said "Obamacare will bring about the destruction of the greatest profession in the world, the practice of medicine."

They obviously taught him to be conceited in medical school.

It's a shame they didn't teach him to not be a hysterical demagogue at the same time.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

what about rapeseed oil

Because the GOP would never use an archaic term for anything

Touché.

I don't get how the second senate candidate says "RAPE" after Akin started it. Like, don't you have somebody, anybody on your staff who will explain you should never, ever say that word?

Because they are stupid. I'm not even going to pretend, these people are super dumb. They have no place running a Denny's, much less the largest and most powerful economy in the world.

Lh96QHG.png
    Just today my governor said "Obamacare will bring about the destruction of the greatest profession in the world, the practice of medicine."

They obviously taught him to be conceited in medical school.

It's a shame they didn't teach him to not be a hysterical demagogue at the same time.

it's funny how doctors hate Obamacare but most other healthcare workers are in favor of it

pretty sure the greatest profession in the world is a sanitation worker.

This discussion has been closed.