As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Forum Badges

• AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    As you may have noticed things have become terribly quiet on the forum badge front. This is due to me becoming injured while moving home! I tore a muscle in my shoulder and the resulting swelling trapped a nerve in my right arm causing me a considerable amount of discomfort! This type of injury takes a while to heal and only now can I confidently state that I can once again put myself behind a keyboard and a mouse and allow myself to continue the design work.

The images have now been deleted by my ISP as they shut down the webs server storage they once offered, so I'm going to have to find a new home for the images. I shall be working on the new badge designs over the next few weeks so do watch this thread. Apologies for not keeping you updated on things, but boy was I badly hurt!
    kropotkin wrote: »
    As you may have noticed things have become terribly quiet on the forum badge front.

Oh no :( I hope you're feeling better now. But I would definitely be interested in forum badges! I've gone to PAX East for the last two years and I'm new to this forum, but would we pay for them, and if so how much? I would love to buy a couple :).

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kropotkin provides them for free to the community. He has resisted any attempt in the past to help with costs.

zerzhul wrote: »
    Kropotkin provides them for free to the community. He has resisted any attempt in the past to help with costs.

That's really awesome :). I still wouldn't mind helping defer costs or even donating, I'm sure it's time consuming at the least.

• LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Yes, another forum badge to add to the collection! Can't wait.

AN9buWz.png
  • BinaryTBBinaryTB Registered User regular
    Sign me up as well. Also, if there is a cost-burden that needs to be shared, count me in on that too. Thanks!

@Kropotkin can correct me if I'm speaking out of turn, but I am almost 100% sure that he will not accept any money for this.

• benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    As usual look forward to wearing this around every year!

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    Get Well Soon Kropotkin! Imugr.com would be my suggestion (its free) to host images with control over your account. And I'd love to get my name on the badge again.

I assume with image hosting, he wants something where he isn't signing license over to anyone or what have you. I could be wrong though. I could just host it via my web space he wants, I have loads.

• GausGaus Registered User regular
    I hope everything works out Kropotkin. I love your badges every year.

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    @zerzhul is correct in that I do not accept offers of money for these badges. It's my little way of giving something back. I've worked on the back of the badge and the FAX version is looking really good, but a little hard to read. Once I'm happy with it I'll post it up on here.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    This will be my third PAX East but this is my first year, I'm really trying to get into the community. I guess sign me up for one! This is really cool thank you very much @Kropotkin

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thanks @Kropotkin, you are awesome. I still have mine from East 2010. I always seem to forget to post on the thread!

p3HkbcM.png
  • VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    Second PAX East, I'll be in for a badge. I'll watch this threat in case there's any help needed or anything like that.

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    Yeah, could I have a badge? My second PAX East and missed out last year!

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    I'd be interested in having one of these badges

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • lunkheadlunkhead Registered User regular
    I too would be interested in getting one of these. I've gone to PAX East twice, but just started using the forums a few days ago. I don't know how I never noticed anyone with these at PAX before.

lunkhead wrote: »
    I too would be interested in getting one of these. I've gone to PAX East twice, but just started using the forums a few days ago. I don't know how I never noticed anyone with these at PAX before.

The thing about these badges is that only around 200+ are handed out, yet the attendance of PAX East is 80,000. They are very rare, even more rare than the coveted scarves! Hence you not spotting them, But once you know they are about, you will spot them.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Yeah, once you get your first you will see them all over :)

Are they passed out randomly, or only to forum people?

Only to forum people. There's a specific method to gain one.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    You have to learn the secret handshake and dance ;)

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I'd love a badge! :)

pax%20sig.png
  • wrccitroenwrccitroen New EnglandRegistered User regular

I agree as well! First Pax East for me...but I'm trying to soak up all things Pax east if at all possible...so this is a silly question but how do I acquire this forum badge?

To acquire this forum badge:

monitor this thread ;)@kropotkin will post the instructions when we get close to pax.

• GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    please

Ohhh ok thanks :)

Here we have 3 versions of the front of the PAX East 2013 forum badge. All are based on it being printed by the evil fax machine from The Office Space film. Here is what happened to that fax machine if you're not familiar with the movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=D4HqI1s8Xgs

Version 1:
    130111-PAX-East-2013-PA-Forum_Badge_Front_v2_zps267a424f.jpg

Version 2:
    130111-PAX-East-2013-PA-Forum_Badge_Front_v3_zpsd20042ff.jpg

Version 3:
    130111-PAX-East-2013-PA-Forum_Badge_Front_v4_zps23112950.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    I can't decide between the second and third options

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Version two is my favorite, but they're all amazing. :^:

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    They're all great. But really loving version 2

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    Version 2 gets my vote, with 3 a really close second.

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
    I like #1 the best.

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Tossup between versions 2 and 3...not really a fan of version 1

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i like the look of #1 the best, but #3 really looks like it came from an evil fax machine. can't decide between aesthetics and authenticity.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • paplebon567paplebon567 Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    To acquire this forum badge:

monitor this thread ;)@kropotkin will post the instructions when we get close to pax.[/quote

• paplebon567paplebon567 Registered User new member
    what is a forum badge

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I like ver. 1 & 2, but if I have to make a concrete decision, ver. 1!

edited January 2013
    zerzhul on
  • RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    Version 3 is my favorite, looks nice and authentic.