As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Wonder [Chat]s

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    quoting other people is lame

say cool shit yourself
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

• Questionable ChoicesQuestionable Choices Registered User regular
    “The only defense against the world is a thorough knowledge of it.”
    ― John Locke

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    That's tutor in the American sense, not in the UK sense.

... there's a difference?

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

So It Goes on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    ― John Locke

"Don't you know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    yes there we go I was waiting for someone to quote that

heh heh heh

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Google should probably work on the integrity of its search query based information service. It's highly susceptible to vandalism and the vandalism sticks for days.

googleapp.png

Could be worse. Could be some cretin trying to tell us the universe is 5000 years old or something.

The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real ... for a moment at least ... that long magic moment before we wake.

Fantasy is silver and scarlet, indigo and azure, obsidian veined with gold and lapis lazuli. Reality is plywood and plastic, done up in mud brown and olive drab. Fantasy tastes of habaneros and honey, cinnamon and cloves, rare red meat and wines as sweet as summer. Reality is beans and tofu, and ashes at the end. Reality is the strip malls of Burbank, the smokestacks of Cleveland, a parking garage in Newark. Fantasy is the towers of Minas Tirith, the ancient stones of Gormenghast, the halls of Camelot. Fantasy flies on the wings of Icarus, reality on Southwest Airlines. Why do our dreams become so much smaller when they finally come true?

We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La.

They can keep their heaven. When I die, I'd sooner go to Middle-earth.

Couscous wrote: »
    ― John Locke

"Don't you know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?"

"A man can stand a lot as long as he can stand himself. He can live without hope, without friends, without books, even without music, as long as he can listen to his own thoughts."

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

say cool shit yourself

"metal is trash" - me

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real ... for a moment at least ... that long magic moment before we wake.

Fantasy is silver and scarlet, indigo and azure, obsidian veined with gold and lapis lazuli. Reality is plywood and plastic, done up in mud brown and olive drab. Fantasy tastes of habaneros and honey, cinnamon and cloves, rare red meat and wines as sweet as summer. Reality is beans and tofu, and ashes at the end. Reality is the strip malls of Burbank, the smokestacks of Cleveland, a parking garage in Newark. Fantasy is the towers of Minas Tirith, the ancient stones of Gormenghast, the halls of Camelot. Fantasy flies on the wings of Icarus, reality on Southwest Airlines. Why do our dreams become so much smaller when they finally come true?

We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La.

oh my god his fascination with long, double word "X and Y" lists continues!

(I'd rather go to Valinor)

Organichu wrote: »
    I have to wake up for school in 18 hours. :v

I traveled all day yesterday and I'm working all day today

GET ANOTHER JOB

hmm

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Lately the moment right before I wake has been pretty good, though feels like I'm having an affair.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    tumblr_ldhb8ub9Xc1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    [img]http://29.media.t umblr.com/tumblr_ldhb8ub9Xc1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg[/img]

I love all of those.

I hope that is a joke

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

lawyers don't go to actually-a-real-place-but-still-a-heaven-allegory

who said live long and prosper

is that a star trek thing

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    TL DR wrote: »

say cool shit yourself
    Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

I'm positive that Wilde made that statement with the expectation that it would be quoted by countless others.

Robos A Go Go on
    I hope that is a joke

yeah, that's a pictue of john crichton

edited January 2013

(to be serious for a moment)
    Yes, Spock.

Nimoy still signs his tweets with LLAP.

Tamin on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

It was Magneto.

this guy here.
    rUrZH.jpg

I was expecting yelling and screaming
    that was actually good though

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    =

I know you think you're tough because you carry guns , but bitch I will stab you in the brain with a biro pen through your eye.

Damn Picard is looking old now

Chu I think this star trak thing is either a bunch of space songs or a new futuristic railroad

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

I've made up my own ideas for dream places I'd like to go when I die. I hope to someday share them with others as Tolkien did.

488W936.png
    i wasn't trolling, i dunno who said it, i only know it from these image macros

also i don't know what biro means, either : (

how dare you prey on my ignorance, sir, have you no decency

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

It was Magneto.

this guy here.
    rUrZH.jpg

Captain Kirk is Magneto???

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Also reading the Cave creepypasta linked earlier. Pretty good so far, despite the late 90's web design and ad-block fail.

488W936.png
    all i knew about live long and prosper is that it was said by one of the star trek actors. i referenced it in the explanation for bogart's christmas gift (which was star trek themed). but i didn't know if it was actually said in a star trek movie. i just feel like it was said by nimoy or stewart or shatner in some capacity. it's on the edge of my brain, dangling.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Biro means this Questionable Choices guy is not from America.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.

QC didn't say it. ELM said it.

Also, chu, I gave you a straight answer above

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

QC didn't say it. ELM said it.

Also, chu, I gave you a straight answer above

ELM isn't an american?! FOREIGN OPERATIVE DETECTED.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Also reading the Cave creepypasta linked earlier. Pretty good so far, despite the late 90's web design and ad-block fail.
    That's part of the charm.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Going to continue to watch Chu flail and fail at the internet.

Good mornin' [chat].

u7stthr17eud.png
    dude just called you a ballpoint pen, Chu

This discussion has been closed.