As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

1.6 - Geebs is not amused :[ [Wampa Milk - SE++ TOR]

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    @Dux and I had discussed the creation of a glorious golden banana hammock for dudes to match the dancer/slave girl outfits.

Just have a body type 3 Pureblood Sith Warrior raging across the battle field in nothing else.

SPACE CONAN.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I'm down.

Also, woo BH 50.

Finally.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Tube wrote: »
    it seems weird to have a whole new .# thing for more space missions and a pvp thing

but it's mostly underwhelming because those are two of my least favorite things in the game so it's maybe a personal opinion more than anythin'

Have you tried the PvP much? It's actually pretty good fun. A new warzone (if it's good) will add a lot to the game.

I have. I got tired of it about the fifteenth time in a row I got matched into a losing huttball game where the opposing team was farming kills

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I liked the part when force lightning stopped having a cooldown

and Death Field is one of the best animations in gaming

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it seems weird to have a whole new .# thing for more space missions and a pvp thing

but it's mostly underwhelming because those are two of my least favorite things in the game so it's maybe a personal opinion more than anythin'

Have you tried the PvP much? It's actually pretty good fun. A new warzone (if it's good) will add a lot to the game.

I have. I got tired of it about the fifteenth time in a row I got matched into a losing huttball game where the opposing team was farming kills

hoo boy let me tell you about huttball

• Options
    once I got fed up and grapple hooked the guy with the ball over the finish line just to end it

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    once I got fed up and grapple hooked the guy with the ball over the finish line just to end it

I got to pvp lvl 45 or something a few months after this was released

even after they did the pvp "rebalancing"

it was a fucking abortion and the only reason I did it was because it was the most effective way of gearing up for hard mode pve

which makes absolute sense

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    @Dux and I had discussed the creation of a glorious golden banana hammock for dudes to match the dancer/slave girl outfits.

Just have a body type 3 Pureblood Sith Warrior raging across the battle field in nothing else.

SPACE CONAN.

My friend and I are currently leveling shirtless Troopers with huge mustaches and equally huge helmets that cover everything else. I'll have to take pictures next time, we're actually just about to hit Hoth.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    How well implemented is FTP in this?

I keep getting the hankering to play WoW but I figure this is probably a better idea.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Just spend like $5 to bump yourself up from Free to Preferred, and it should be okay. They try to nickel and dime you at every turn, but it's still playable.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    It's pretty well done I think (speaking as someone who's stayed subbed). Like any f2p game, there's some market items which just seem overpriced, but for all I know people actually buy them. Going to preferred should definitely help.

• Options
    Screenshot_2012-12-16_23_11_26_673775_zpsabada963.jpg

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    So they just announced the first digital expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel.
    Key points for anyone that can't view the page:
    Slated for Spring 2013 release
    Will cost 20 dollars, 10 for subscribers
    Pre-order by Januray 7 and you get 5 days early access
    Level cap increased to 55
    New planet: Makeb
    More details over the next few months

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Huh! Not really what I expected, but that's a good price, subscriber or no

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    You promised there'd be Hutt stuff!

mkc.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Wierd stuff

Hutt Stuff.

• Options
    Hutt Topic.

• Options
    EchildaEchilda Registered User regular
    So I made myself a rule that I wouldn't continue my Sith Inquisitor until I was wearing a full set of matching artifact armour that I crafted myself. Damn you random number generator! Seriously I reverse engineered 20 blues and did not get a single purple recipie!

My other characters are adopting a blue will do policy. Excpet my 50 who I seem stuck using Tionese gear with.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited January 2013
    I started this up again last night (after a couple weeks break) because I only need a few more levels to get my last 2 Republic characters to 50. Lots of things looked different and nicer.

So did anybody buy/play the expansion?

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Is it actually out yet? I thought it was just preorders?

Also, going back through Balmorra. Man that theme sounds like its from the Star Trek soundtrack.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Just downloaded this last night and just barely had time to make a Bounty Hunter (yes, on The Bastion) this morning before leaving for work.

So considering I haven't touched the game at all so far, any tips for a total scrub? From what I heard, my WoW reflexes should transfer pretty seamlessly over. I'm probably gonna switch from F2P to subscription once I reach level 10.

Any spec I should go for/avoid? Did people do the math on this to figure out the best talent tree to pick, or do I get to just pick whatever I feel like?

sig.gif
  • Options
    You're right, I mistook the pre-order deadline to qualify for early access as the early access start.

• Options
    I dunno, I don't know if there's a bad choice for bounty hunters

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I found powertech to be a lot of fun. Absolute beasts in pvp.

• Options
    I dunno, I don't know if there's a bad choice for bounty hunters

Well calling myself B0ba F3tT would have been a bad choice.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Merc lets you shoot people to heal them.

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    Just downloaded this last night and just barely had time to make a Bounty Hunter
    Hello!

You are 2nd in line to be Guild leader when you join our Guild! :P

• Options
    My only complaint about merc is that you tend to feel kinda static, standing in one spot and shooting dudes.

Though I guess that's the cost of looking as cool as you do.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I found powertech to be a lot of fun. Absolute beasts in pvp.

I had fun with mine before I stopped playing

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I need to reach max level at some point

will attempt it next week, hopefully

• Options
    I hit it last week!

I got some cool armor.

And then I started playing my marauder.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Okay I definitely feel like I'm missing something here. I'm trying to set up the authenticator, but the set-up website won't give me the serial number I need to unlock the app with, and the app won't give me the activation code I need to put on the site. I'm in the middle of some horrible catch-22 and I don't understand.

EDIT: Oh. The OP says you can't use one on a F2P account. Okay then!

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    do people still play this?

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    because I want to start again but only if it's still a thing people do

• Options
    I don't think the SE guild plays much any more.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Really too bad that SE and MMO started their guilds on different servers

• Options
    I was playing a bit last month but I've since canceled my subscription again

• Options
    The problem with playing this game socially is you see your friends on and you're like "awesome let's pl- oh wait we're different levels" and that's that.

• Options
    I think now that they relaxed the character limits and that stupid quickbar thing for preferred players I might just drop my sub.

• Options
    yeah I won't bother playing this with only two quickbars, that's fucking asinine