As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

19495969798100»

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Hey so is pickup radius something sought after with a Dex Vile Ward? When filtering for comparables for the one that dropped today for me prices were much higher when I included pickup radius in my parameters.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Hey so is pickup radius something sought after with a Dex Vile Ward? When filtering for comparables for the one that dropped today for me prices were much higher when I included pickup radius in my parameters.

Yes - pickup radius often adds quite a bit to the price of many legendaries imo. Its a useful stat.

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    not really

• Options
    Despite what Jars says, some people do value it and are prepared to pay increased prices (as you have noted). You just won't be able to sell it to Jars...

:D

2uenpg3.png

I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Items geared towards WDs can charge a bit of a premium if they have PUR

I'm not sure if other classes have skills associated with it

edit: missed that it was a dex vile ward

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Some degree of pickup radius is generally useful for all classes. In addition to being able to sweep up gold drops easily, it can also be a life saver. My barb has +19 pick up from 3 items. Particularly in higher MP level, mobs will die from rend damage and/or drop a globe outside normal pick up radius. If you are surrounded or otherwise unable to reach the globes it can be curtains for you.

2uenpg3.png

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    My 2nd wizard is HC. I'm not doing HC on all of them because fuck starting over if I die. Who the hell wants to do that shit.
    Don't you dare raise your hand.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Matz wrote: »
    I wonder if the value of Leoric's will now plummet?

Although it is good now - as the best way to PL farm is generally at MP0/1 where you can easily afford the loss of ring stats - if it is better to farm PL at a higher MP (or if Leoric's forces you to drop an MP level and thus lose a chunk of exp anyway) then it might actually be a detriment.

i was actually saving up for a leorics, sitting on 24m and watching my stacks of square gems climb over 100.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    And of course it's going to reduce the value of items in those slots, because the demand will be reduced. But who cares? The goal isn't to sell chestplates for at least 2.5 million gold, it's to get better gear. You haven't listed a single plausible repercussion of this change that is actually a problem.

Reducing the value of other items in those slots is actually problem, actually.

I don't understand how making better gear accessible to more players is a bad thing.

The elite players with their godly drops aren't 'owed' anything, and making the game more enjoyable to more players benefits everyone.

Rather than just saying that it's a bad thing, can you detail some reason behind why or how this could possibly be bad?

Note that I'm operating from the assumption that the GAME is the part where you go whack on mosters and pick up shiny shit, and the AUCTION HOUSE is a separate part intended to enhance the game and make it more enjoyable.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Its "bad" in terms of devaluing things you would sell on the AH is what i think he means.

If this is actually bad for the general D3 gaming experience is another matter, i kinda like the proposed changes.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »

Although it is good now - as the best way to PL farm is generally at MP0/1 where you can easily afford the loss of ring stats - if it is better to farm PL at a higher MP (or if Leoric's forces you to drop an MP level and thus lose a chunk of exp anyway) then it might actually be a detriment.

i was actually saving up for a leorics, sitting on 24m and watching my stacks of square gems climb over 100.

Uhm, as a complete noob is that Leoric's crown? Because I tottaly have one of those I could give away if you want it.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So the dungeon generator has been pretty unique the last couple of days for me. I got a Storm Halls that was filled with Lunatics and an entire section in Cathedral that was filled with imps (The ones that spawn out of exploding grotesque, so they were running all over the screen. Dozens of them). Also it apparently felt sorry for me and I had two or three Halls of Agony that were straight lines to the exit.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote: »

Uhm, as a complete noob is that Leoric's crown? Because I tottaly have one of those I could give away if you want it.

leoric's signet ring, I think

• Options
    Coolio, was gonna say if it was worth a ton of coin I really don't need it for my nightmare monk (btw, is Monk just the ultimate auto attacker? This is like the laziest RPG play I've done in a while in terms of the effort I'm putting into it).

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    A lot of people want Leoric's Signet, to either sell or use, because of the +xp

http://www.diablowiki.net/Leoric's_Signet

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Coolio, was gonna say if it was worth a ton of coin I really don't need it for my nightmare monk (btw, is Monk just the ultimate auto attacker? This is like the laziest RPG play I've done in a while in terms of the effort I'm putting into it).

Well if it's the difficulty you're unsatisfied with that's why there's Monster Power. But yeah Monk spirit spenders are getting damage buffed in 1.0.7 to encourage their use.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    The one thing that I really wish they would add is a 'horde' or 'survival' mode that just keeps throwing enemies at me until I give up.

Don't even give me meaningful rewards. Make it achievements / high scores / banner patterns or something meaningless.

I just want to be attacked by an endless stream of stygian crawlers until I succumb.

That, plus maybe a random-generated dungeon that just keeps getting harder and harder as I go down would make D3 100x more enjoyable. As it is, I'm burned out on it and probably won't come back until at least 1.07, possibly the expansion.

• Options
    Nice, because currently this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WeXdSh!bYX!ZZbaaa is my build and it chews through stuff pretty easy. Only time I die is when I don't see AOE's for the sheer particle swarm this build is.

I might knock up the MP a bit, I had MP at 3 for the wizard I was just leveling up. Not sure how much it will slow me down though. Even if it became too hard I reckon I could go buy some spirit gain gear and continue murdering with that build.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Ok, so who's making a new thread?

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    for more monk excitement, tempest rush/tailwind is what you want

• Options
    I guess, it just means giving up survivability cooldowns to do it which makes me not so certain.

Also quick question to round up the thread: How do I up my crit chance? There doesn't seem to be a search category for it in the auction house. Ideally I'd love any stuff with crit, spirit gain and life per spirit spent.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I guess, it just means giving up survivability cooldowns to do it which makes me not so certain.

Also quick question to round up the thread: How do I up my crit chance? There doesn't seem to be a search category for it in the auction house. Ideally I'd love any stuff with crit, spirit gain and life per spirit spent.

+CC turns up on the auction house for any items that can roll it (so no pants, chests, boots, shoulders) .

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Despite what Jars says, some people do value it and are prepared to pay increased prices (as you have noted). You just won't be able to sell it to Jars...

:D

Umm yeah it sold for 20 million buyout no problem... Vile Ward with 189DEX, 29VIT, 7 Pickup Radius... Good to know.

Guess I might be able to afford some sort of upgrade now...And maybe get sucked into playing D3 again instead of working on my now enormous Steam backlog.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX