As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Magnificent Jedi! The Seven Jedurai!

YaYaYaYa Decent.Registered User regular
edited January 2013 in Social Entropy++
http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-snyder-preps-non-trilogy-star-wars-film.html

so Zack Snyder of being Zack Snyder fame is directing a Star Wars movie, but it'll be like a Star Wars side story, but they're not calling it Episode VII or VIII or IX

and basically it'll be the Seven Samurai but in Star Wars which actually sounds kind of fucking great

what do you guys think? should it be with jedis or smugglers or both or what's your ideal set-up here

edit: NO HE ISN'T HE'S TOTALLY DENIED EVERYTHING YAYA IS BASICALLY USELESS AT POSTING NEWS

YaYa on

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hmmm.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I like the idea of Star Wars having more movies, and being that George set the bar so low with the prequel trilogy, I am excited for what this + the new trilogy can bring.

Goose! on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I definitely think it's interesting that they're going back to the ripping-off-Kurosawa that the series started with, and Snyder could certainly do some cool lightsaber action scenes, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    A great idea.

So great I kind of wish it was from a better director.

• ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    I can just pop Seven Samurai in right now and make lightsaber noises while I watch.

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Zack Snyder.

jkZziGc.png
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I can't wait for an action scene to go in slow motion and then speed up a bunch.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Fuck you Snyder

Fuck

You

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Coincidentally, I just found this fairly amazing youtube playlist: 125 Random Star Wars spots and promo vids.

I have no idea what I'd want out of a Snyder movie, though.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I require yellow lightsabers and a visual treatise on vaapad

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I have never seen Seven Samurai

I assume this will be a reasonable enough facsimile that I won't have to see the original (if this is not rumor)

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I actually think Snyder-fights with lightsabers would be a huge step up from the prequels

Snyder issues aside the dude can choreograph a beatdown pretty darn well

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    So they're making a seventh movie based on the Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven, yet specifically not calling it Episode VII?

what

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I am excited by the prospect of Extended Universe movies.

The best star wars books were ones that had passing if any mentions of the Skywalker and Solo families. It's a cool universe! Use the existing lore to make something rad!

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    :^:

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Needs more Toshiro Mifune

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Turambar wrote: »
    So they're making a seventh movie based on the Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven, yet specifically not calling it Episode VII?

what

Snyder's not working on Episode VII. This is one of the spin-off's. Now all we need is Joe Johnson to get his Boba Fett movie green lit.

Harry Dresden on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular

what

For what it's worth, Episode 7 will have already been out before this, it seems. This will not be part of the numbered sequence of primary storyline.

• FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    Samurai 7?

• Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    gosh I'm so tired of JEDI JEDI JEDI

this better be about smugglers or bounty hunters or stormtroopers or something

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I'd probably watch it

but I'm a big dork

so

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

what

Well there are more than 7 movies set in the star wars universe already

Yes I am counting Caravans of Courage

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Look, okay, Lightsabers are awesome and that's sells papers.

Anyway, a smuggler would be better served by an animated series.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I know this is a spin-off, I read the article

Just think it's a waste of an excellent title homage

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I

hmm

yeah

maybe

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Lose the smuggler. This needs soldiers, mercenaries and Jedi/Sith.

sarukun wrote: »

Lose the smuggler. This needs soldiers, mercenaries and Jedi/Sith.

Genndy already did that.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    God dammit.... Every time I think I can get back out.... They start pulling me back in again...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I have never seen Seven Samurai

I assume this will be a reasonable enough facsimile that I won't have to see the original (if this is not rumor)

Go see Seven Samurai holy shit

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    I've said this before, but Jedi are the most boring part of Star Wars

They're fine as part of the greater universe, but they make terrible protagonists on account of they're all emotionless chaste space monks

Like, in the Original Trilogy this wasn't an issue because Luke wasn't even a Jedi until like the last half of ROTJ, and even then he wasn't like the prequel Jedi because he still liked fuckin', but with the prequel Jedi it's terrible especially because the supporting characters who they primarily interact with are all faceless Clones who are also inherently unrelatable.

Yeah, no.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    These aren't (likely) going to be prequel jedi, though, they're gonna be new Jedi

and new Jedi are mos def dtf

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Much rather see a Brad Birdwars.

Still better than Michael Baywars.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    can we just have one Jedi but he's just the druuunnnkkkeeessssttt Jedi

just a real asshole of a Jedi

gotta get the youngest of the group to point him in the right direction of the space bandits

• FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    This is madness!
    This is cloud ciiiiiiiiiity!

haha I'm relevant

YaYa wrote: »
    can we just have one Jedi but he's just the druuunnnkkkeeessssttt Jedi

just a real asshole of a Jedi

gotta get the youngest of the group to point him in the right direction of the space bandits

Oh, man, that would be a blast.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    get outta here franko

YaYa, that's your next NaNoWriMo piece.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I figure it's gonna be all mercenaries and then whoops half of them are secretly Jedi.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    UNLESS this retcons Midi-Chlorians

like, one line from one Jedi like "Oh, yeah, a couple of fringe wingnut Jedi think there's some link with bacteria and the force but that's total bullshit heresy"

This discussion has been closed.