As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventure [chat]

VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
@Elki dropped this news into chat yesterday, but it bears repeating: Adventure Time is coming to Netflix on March 30th

adventure-time-image.jpg

Vanguard on

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Abdy, why aren't your prisons giant structures?

Where do you keep your lower class?

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Abdy, why aren't your prisons giant structures?

Where do you keep your lower class?

space stations

obF2Wuw.png
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Suddenly I feel the need to watch Top Gun.

We've reached the critical number of references to it per unit post.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I am pretty sure Whataburger's honey butter is meth

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    c'mon grab your friends

we'll go to very

distant lands

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    not feeling too hot at the moment maybe I'm getting **insert animal** flu.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    not feeling too hot at the moment maybe I'm getting **insert animal** flu.

Dog flu

It's all the dogtars man

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I actually really dislike that film and utterly loathe the soundtrack.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Giraffe flu is the worst

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    what are the "points" listed in the profile, and why are they listed twice? It's not infraction points, and it doesn't seem to be the sum of agrees and awesomes, either.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I've taken part in two multiple year d&d campaigns. The one I'm running technically turns one this month according to old emails. I'm DMing.

To be fair, we play once every other week if we're lucky and we had a ~2month period with people on travel and such but we're keeping up. Might do two sessions the next 2 weeks because I have the 20th-26th off.

kaleedity on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    nutria flu is worserer

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    what are the "points" listed in the profile, and why are they listed twice? It's not infraction points, and it doesn't seem to be the sum of agrees and awesomes, either.

It's something like Awesomes + Agrees + Years + Something else

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Traffic was a nightmare this morning. Nothing like a 25 minute drive becoming a 1H 10M drive.

Bless your heart.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Without checking it against anyone else's point total, mine appears to be Awesomes + Agrees + 5pts per Badge

kaleedity wrote: »
    I've taken part in two multiple year d&d campaigns. The one I'm campaigning technically turns one this month according to old emails. I'm DMing.

To be fair, we play once every other week if we're lucky and we had a ~2month period with people on travel and such but we're keeping up. Might do two sessions the next 2 weeks because I have the 20th-26th off.

The one I finished ran 8 months.

I'm in the middle of one that has been going on since July, but we're on the precipice of failure. I think I am going to insert a time skip into the narrative as we drop two difficult players from our group.

And I'm playing in one that's run a few weeks now. We usually play weekly, which means I play like twice a week due to all the groups I'm in.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Haha! I planted that seed back when I posted the Highway to the Danger Zone vid last week. :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dan Brown will pinch off a new loaf of words in May this year. The Mayans were taunting us with merciful annihilation.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I totally forgot about this. Also this is gross.

A year ago they were talking on the Stern Show about some story where a McDonald's hamburger was left untouched for like a year or ten years or some shit, and it wasn't discolored or moldy or rotting. So they got their own burger to try the same thing.

And they just talked about its condition. Not discolored, not rotten, not moldy, it smells like bread. It's hard as a rock is the only evident thing about it that's wrong.

edited January 2013
    Chanus wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »

It's something like Awesomes + Agrees + Years + Something else

interesting.

just saw your second post. Yep, that formula works. At least so far as year badges are concerned; if any others still exist I don't have them.

Tamin on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Traffic was a nightmare this morning. Nothing like a 25 minute drive becoming a 1H 10M drive.

If I didnt know better I'd say we shared the same commute.

Vanguard wrote: »

HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE

When I worked at an ISP doing phone support we...

we went a little crazy with Top Gun one week.

I would only answer the phone as Goose "Thank you for calling ISP this is Gooseman, how may I help you?" and my coworker would only answer as Maverick.

In our own weird version of the "Meow" game, whenever someone said "Jester" we'd have to say in that really arrogant voice "Jester's Deaaad".

I also user rasterbator to make a rasterized image of the Top Gun logo and printed it out on about half a ream of paper and covered the office wall in it.

Yeah

That's pretty much what killed Top Gun week at the office

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

A year ago they were talking on the Stern Show about some story where a McDonald's hamburger was left untouched for like a year or ten years or some shit, and it wasn't discolored or moldy or rotting. So they got their own burger to try the same thing.

And they just talked about its condition. Not discolored, not rotten, not moldy, it smells like bread. It's hard as a rock is the only evident thing about it that's wrong.

thats not gross at all

its a sign of quality

obF2Wuw.png
    edited January 2013

kaleedity on

thats not gross at all

its a sign of quality

Their burgers are durable

I would never use that word to describe another burger

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah, the longest PnP campaign I was in was actually a PbP here, but in person, the longest was a 1 year SWd20 game where our character count was like 15+ from people rotating in and out. We usually had around 8-9 any given night.

I want to play DnD so bad.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

I don't know what to believe anymore.

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/11/the-burger-lab-revisiting-the-myth-of-the-12-year-old-burger-testing-results.html

Delmain wrote: »
    Yeah, the longest PnP campaign I was in was actually a PbP here, but in person, the longest was a 1 year SWd20 game where our character count was like 15+ from people rotating in and out. We usually had around 8-9 any given night.

I want to play DnD so bad.

I like DMing more than running but I am getting burned out on D20 systems. We're playing DCC RPG and have been pretty exlusively since it dropped last May, but I am really itching to get a Burning Wheel or Mouse Guard game going.

I can't believe it snowed today.

Just weird

Totally beaten to the punch on that one.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Well if you'd all stopped talking about it I wouldn't be in this predicament would I!

Also if Beaglerush would post more XCOM videos.

Someone way smarter than me ( I don't remember who. Doesn't matter. Everyone is smarter than me.) Said that the Mcdonald's burger thing has less to do with the meat being some horrible chemical monstrosity and more to do with moisture/salt/fat content.

AT does a really good job with its musical bits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS_p8fBOX-4

Ludious wrote: »
    Someone way smarter than me ( I don't remember who. Doesn't matter. Everyone is smarter than me.) Said that the Mcdonald's burger thing has less to do with the meat being some horrible chemical monstrosity and more to do with moisture/salt/fat content.

That person was @Kaleedity

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular

Danger Zone!

This song very nearly sent me into sobs. I do not like admitting a cartoon made me cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQrgv8NDoU

Woohoo I paid off my small credit card this morning.

Now to tackle the hydra of death

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Adventure time is one of those things chat constantly bangs on about that goes right over my head. For the longest time I thought it was a webcomic.

This discussion has been closed.