As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dapper Dogs [chat]

Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nipsRegistered User regular
1256772.jpg

amm005_6.jpg

69796152_2az7fyv8_c.jpg

Discuss.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Yesssssssss

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Indeed.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I want to discuss Elki's obvious abuse of power in posting in a closed chat thread.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    b7riQ.jpg

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    This is the best chat.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Forums exploding if you press post at the same time a thread is closed. Still annoying.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    dk blaze de fiya make it bark dem

919UOwT.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    No hoodie though? Are stylin' dogs not necessarily dapper?

twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited January 2013
    TehSloth wrote: »
    No hoodie though? Are stylin' dogs not necessarily dapper?

Correct. Hoodies are not dapper.

Delmain on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I want to get Leo one of these

Dog%20in%20Yellow%20Life%20Jacket.jpg

But I have yet to find one that is styled for a dachshund-proportioned dog.

Who knew wiener dogs were so in love with the water, yet such remarkably poor swimmers?

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    @Jacobkosh and I think @Spool32

Voyager fell through a wormhole and wound up on a "machine world" where it was rebuilt into V'ger, having been heavily damaged and remembering only the directive "Learn all that is learnable and return home to the creators."

Lh96QHG.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Elki wrote:
    Low match percentage people sending barely literate 1 line messages.

Is this what it's like to be a girl?

And you never get to experience what it's like to have a dick inside you. Worst of all words.

Is that so Elki.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I want to discuss Elki's obvious abuse of power in posting in a closed chat thread.

I am outraged. Outraged.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Business dogs. I live with two.

• MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/25483215/#Comment_25483215 is the post I started reading before i felt the spoilerness creeping in.

I wasn't aware the stuff in those first few lines was common knowledge ala Luke Skywalkers dad.

I am watching TNG currently, just saw I, Borg last night. I understand the original series being pretty old but I figured TNG would be recent enough that simply asking for spoiler tags would be ok, didn't expect to start an argument. I'll just get better at skimming.

I'll stop the starchat now.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    dapper dogs, hipster dogs, diver dogs

what next?

fuck gendered marketing
    edited January 2013
    Jacobkosh and I think Spool32

Voyager fell through a wormhole and wound up on a "machine world" where it was rebuilt into V'ger, having been heavily damaged and remembering only the directive "Learn all that is learnable and return home to the creators."

Which isn't really reminiscent of the borg philosophy. Personally I find the attempt to link the two to be a very hack-worthy retcon.

Regina Fong on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    oh a thread about dogs dressed in little coats, wonder who the OP is

of course

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

I am outraged. Outraged.

did you go ARF ARF ARF at your screen?

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    oh a thread about dogs dressed in little coats, wonder who the OP is

of course

um excuse me

they are "widdle" coats

get it right you hillbilly

919UOwT.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Which isn't really reminiscent of the borg philosophy. Personally I find the attempt to link the two to be a very hack-worthy retcon.

I'm not sure, I'm sort of torn. One the one hand, it is interesting but on the other the Borg wouldn't just soup up a shitty probe and send it on its way. They'd most likely ignore it the same way you would ignore a squirrel laying dead in the road as your drove by in your car.

Lh96QHG.png
    edited January 2013
    Madpanda wrote: »
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/25483215/#Comment_25483215 is the post I started reading before i felt the spoilerness creeping in.

I wasn't aware the stuff in those first few lines was common knowledge ala Luke Skywalkers dad.

I am watching TNG currently, just saw I, Borg last night. I understand the original series being pretty old but I figured TNG would be recent enough that simply asking for spoiler tags would be ok, didn't expect to start an argument. I'll just get better at skimming.

Nvm, what I was saying was not a spoiler is the current discussion not Jakes long one, I didnt read that whole thing.

Regina Fong on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    desc wrote:
    Cheery little old lady receptionists are the best

"Could you transfer me to Mr. Smith?"

"Of course sweetheart, you have a nice day."

west wing spoiler (season 3)
    oh my god why would they kill off mrs. landingham WHY

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN

I am outraged. Outraged.

did you go ARF ARF ARF at your screen?

more like

ARF. ARF. ARFARFARFARFARF.

that's what dogs do when they're pissed.

Madpanda wrote: »

TNG started before I was born.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/rick-scott-disavows-role-in-controversial-election-law?ref=fpblg
    Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) on Tuesday sought to assuage concerns voiced by black lawmakers regarding an election law that reduced the number of days for early voting by insisting that he had nothing to do with the legislation, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

In 2011, Scott signed a bill into law that cut the number of early voting days from 14 to 8, resulting in long lines and mayhem at many Florida voting locations in the days leading up to Election Day in 2012. But on Tuesday, Scott concurred that changes to the state's election laws are in order and offered a message to concerned black elected officials: don't look at me.

"It was not my bill," Scott said. "We've got to make changes, I agree. … The Legislature passed it. I didn't have anything to do with passing it."
    He had nothing to do with the bill that he signed. Ignore that he publicly supported the reduction.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    kill-me-dog-sweater.jpg

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    yes lets hold up a dog breed with known hip problems and force pants on him

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I really like reading stories about subcultures of foreign cultures. It's such an interesting perspective.

Right now I'm reading a comic written by a closeted Japanese lady. It's obviously pretty auto-biographical. It's also actually kind of horribly depressing, but in a very quiet way.

Spoiled for long and vertical
    plica039.jpg
    plica028.jpg

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    kill-me-dog-sweater.jpg

that dog

is

so

sad

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I like the idea because V'Ger was, ultimately, a confused entity trying to grow beyond its limits. Which the Borg are, too, they're just awful about it. But maybe there was a time when they weren't awful, or V'Ger outgrew them the way it outgrew being a hunk of metal that we shot into space.

rRwz9.gif
    kill-me-dog-sweater.jpg

that dog

is

so

sad

I'd hump her though tbh

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Ronya

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/15/dont-lose-hope-over-arab-spring/

This is my advisor. Not an economist. Interesting article.

Fucker took my idea on Arab countries being closer to 1989 Eastern Europe from health numbers perspective.

Actually it has been a thread in a few things I have read. Including some of his and a lot of my stuff.

@mazzyx

hmm! interesting

(what shall we call it, geomedical determinism?)

I will point out that much of Eastern Europe did not fare terribly well.

aRkpc.gif

I'm not sure, I'm sort of torn. One the one hand, it is interesting but on the other the Borg wouldn't just soup up a shitty probe and send it on its way. They'd most likely ignore it the same way you would ignore a squirrel laying dead in the road as your drove by in your car.

Exactly.

Fucking exactly.

In every appearance of the borg, the borg ignore anything that isn't interesting and isn't a threat. Low-tech agrarian world populated by an unknown species?

They don't even bother assimilating it.

Crappy space probe launched at sub-light speed from an unknown system?

It wouldn't even get a footnote, let alone would they re-purpose it when they could create something vastly superior from scratch.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Every time I email this vendor.... type... person is a fresh reminder that this vendor is useless.

He literally just lost free money because a printer was "discontinued"

Motherfucker, I can get this printer from a thousand places that aren't you that are additionally cheaper and faster. I only email you because my boss makes me.

Psn:wazukki
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Poor dog.

Cute girl.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    I really like reading stories about subcultures of foreign cultures. It's such an interesting perspective.

Right now I'm reading a comic written by a closeted Japanese lady. It's obviously pretty auto-biographical. It's also actually kind of horribly depressing, but in a very quiet way.

Spoiled for long and vertical

Yes

yes indeed

fuck gendered marketing
  • mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh and I think @Spool32

something something captain janeway

Exactly.

Fucking exactly.

In every appearance of the borg, the borg ignore anything that isn't interesting and isn't a threat. Low-tech agrarian world populated by an unknown species?

They don't even bother assimilating it.

Crappy space probe launched at sub-light speed from an unknown system?

It wouldn't even get a footnote, let alone would they re-purpose it when they could create something vastly superior from scratch.

Is it implied that the borg race made v'ger or the machine race that would somehow later assimilate biological parts and become the borg?

This discussion has been closed.