As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(D&D4e) The Divine Future OOC thread

FaranguFarangu I am a beardy manWith a beardy planRegistered User regular
edited January 2013 in Critical Failures
The Divine Future: A D&D 4th Edition Campaign

Picture a civilization, far flung in the future. Its citizens know nothing but wealth and plenty, their minds sharp and their souls pure. Their technology beyond compare, their powers vast. At this point, you would picture this civilization having help to reach this stage, and you would be right. For at one point in their lives, after a terrible struggle, the gods of their world came forth, and saw what their people had endured. They saw a people, unifed through strife, and made worthy from the fire. And so, the people were granted the gifts of the gods. They quickly utilized them to create a new civilization beyond compare, from anything before or since. They named it in honor of their patrons.

They named themselves the Luminous.

-

Aronas. A land of staggering highs and lows. Artisans struggle to fund their works, and petty warlords reign supreme. The status quo changes nearly every day. Life is a bitter fight, and yet a fight that is not abandoned. In spite of everything, kingdoms and republics have emerged. Civilized life struggles to find its place. Soon, all the different ideologies will clash, and from the ashes will emerge the chosen ones to merge with the Luminous.

That is what has been written of the past. But the Archivists have noted strange happenings in the history books as of late.

The words are coming undone before their very eyes...

Introduction:
This is a recruitment thread for a campaign of 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons, for a group of 5 1st level party members.

Anyone may post up to two applications. People who have never played D&D before, people who are not in too many pbp's, and people who can post more than once a day and/or on weekends to keep things moving will get more weight towards their submissions.

Getting Started:
Character sheets on either orokos or Mythweavers. Dice rolls on either Orokos or Invisible Castle.

You may submit up to two applications. I will choose one of each party role (Striker, Defender, Leader, Controller), with the fifth spot being reserved for what I deem an incredibly intriguing or outstanding character concept. When making your characters, use the 22 point buy system, following the details outlined later in this post.

Your submission must include:

-A link to the character sheet
-Character photo(for tokens) and name (first AND last)
-Your character's personality in a nutshell - quirks, mannerisms, motiviations
-CB summary
-Participation in other pbp's, familiarity with D&D 4E and availability to post on forums

Also, you must provide an answer to this question:

-If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize? What would you exhume from your world? What values would you stand for?

The deadline for submissions is January 29th, 2013.

Character Particulars:

The world itself: The Luminous have quite nearly reached the next stage in human evolution. Despite having access to technology that could only be described as "magic" to lesser races, they have maintained a peaceable attitude towards any that are not themselves. They continually focus on personal growth and development, so that they can continually show to their deities that they have proven themselves worthy of the gifts given to them. In comparable fiction, think Asgard from Marvel's Thor. Same building style, same access to indescribable technology, but the personalities are not as warlike. More restrained, pensive but not ponderous. The average Lumine considers all actions available to him before committing to the course of action that betters both him and his people.

Compared to the Luminous, the average Aronian is much more...realistic. He tries to honor his word when he can, but at the end of the day, a man has to eat.

Race: All sorts of races can be found among the Luminous/Aronians. The Luminous that would find more urban life objectionable (shifters, elves, etc) have their own districts, but they are still counted among the Luminous. Indeed, any can petition for citizenship, after being sponsored and passing a few...trials.

Class: I am pretty open-minded, so feel free to choose from any official supplement, with the one rule of no hybrids.

Backgrounds: Since any can join the ranks of the Luminous, there are citizens from all walks of life, and Aronas is a melting pot. You may choose from any GENERIC background(no Eberon/Dark Sun etc.). However, given the progressive views that the Luminous have, those that would focus on a more...seedy lifestyle would need some justifications.

Each character gets 100 gp, a free Adventurer's Kit, and a lvl. 1 magic item for free that is not a weapon or piece of armor that adds to AC.

Religion: I didn't have the energy to make a whole new pantheon, so we will be using the Points of Light deities.

Farangu on

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    One note on the relations concerning the two lands: The Aronians become, in time, the Luminous. Feel free to make your character belong to whichever land you choose, but as I told Aegis, if you do choose to be an Aronian, it might be a game day or two before you get introduced into the narrative.

For fluff assistance, the map (spoilered for size, credit goes to Jim Weaver):
    westernarnonasbychanimu.jpg

Farangu on
  • LeperLeper Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    alchimiste.jpg
    What can I say? There's too much unnecessary crap on this guy for it to not be appropriate.

Henri Felwynne: Atrocious Alchemist - (Elf Druid) (linky)

Overview
    On the borders between Luminous lands and the many fiefdoms of Aronas lay waypoints and trading posts. Crude and low technologies filter down to these fringes, where they're poked at and prodded by the curious. Precious few possess any real understanding of their workings, and only a handful have any hope of unlocking their mysteries. Henri is only a little different; he can claim no great knowledge of such things, only an inexplicable and unconscious affinity.

A child of the borders, Henri has spent the better part of his life toying with gadgets that those farther from the Luminous might never dream of. He is no author of great revelations, nor a leader in any field of study--he would be more likely to describe himself to being no more than "happy-accident-prone." His triumphs of design are seldom reproducable, nor could he impart any wisdom on how he manages to create, fix or alter anything: he is a technological savant, with the "idiot-" omitted only by technicality.

His only genuine skills are an inherited understanding of herbalism and medicine, which he occasionally combines with scavenged pharmaceuticals with wildly varying results.

Motivations
    While Henri might be described by others as a generally good man (if a bit scattered) his reasons for pursuing entry into the Luminous have far less to do with enlightenment than he might let on. In addition to a strong desire to understand the technologies he's only intellectually flailed at for the better part of his life, recent experiments have left him... Afflicted.

Mannerisms & Quirks
    Henri is alternatingly affable, and pensively quiet. One moment he may be chatty to the point of babbling, (occasionally using polysylabic words that make him feel smarter than he genuinely is) while the next he's intent on scribbling in one of his many notepads and journals, and blind to the world around him, or deeply focused on one singular detail to the point of mania.

While he's no genuine man of science, he's dutifully devoted to recording every new thought or experience in his logs. Most of them are an unreadable mess of pseudo-scientific speculation and flawed circular logic, and he fully recognizes this, but he continues in the hopes that some day he'll get it right, and the insight he seeks will begin to flow in ink and charcoal as naturally as his hands seem to move when tinkering with some new bit of tech.

Questions:
    If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize? "Education, with strong emphasis placed on enhancing the individual's own natural inclinations and interests. While a certain amount of self-reliance comes from a broad base of knowledge, it is freedom to pursue our interests with the support of others behind us that leads to genuine advancement."

What would you exhume from your world? "Selfishness? Pride? Avarice? I'm not sure, exactly. I'm sure one could boil down all wrongs to a single basal cause--some root or flaw which exists more strongly in some than others--and remove that... whatever it may be."

What values would you stand for? "All of them, I suppose. Is that a bad answer? I'm not sure. It seems like a rather silly question. 'which of these positive values are worth considering positive, and which would you discard?' If it's a value, why shouldn't I stand for it? Is this intended to be a trick question? I'm... confused by it."

Other:
    Forum use: I'm on every day, throughout the day. Usually available for short posts any time, with longer ones more frequent in the evenings or on days when I'm stuck inside the office. I'm not currently participating in any other PbPs, but am quite familiar with 4e.

CB Summary
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Henri Felwynne, level 1
    Elf, Druid
    Primal Aspect: Primal Predator
    Elf Subrace: Standard Elf Racial Traits
    Background: Elf - Urban Elf (Streetwise class skill)
    Theme: Alchemist

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 12, Dex 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 12.

AC: 15 Fort: 11 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
    HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Nature +11, Perception +11, Heal +9, Streetwise +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +3, Arcana +1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +1, History +1, Insight +4, Intimidate +1, Religion +1, Stealth +3, Thievery +3, Athletics

FEATS
    Druid: Ritual Caster
    Feat User Choice: Staff Expertise
    Level 1: Patient Hunter

POWERS
    Druid at-will 1: Fire Hawk
    Druid at-will 1: Chill Wind
    Druid at-will 1: Pounce
    Druid encounter 1: Darting Bite
    Druid daily 1: Savage Frenzy

ITEMS
    Alchemy Case, Backpack (empty), Bedroll, Belt Pouch (empty), Flint and Steel, Sunrod (2), Trail Rations (10), Waterskin, Hempen Rope (50 ft.), Hammer, Chalk & Slate, Vial Bandoleer, Writing Case, Ritual Book, Leather Armor, Dagger (3), Staff Implement, Woundstitch Powder (heroic tier), Alchemist's Fire (level 1)
    CURRENCY
    10 gold
    RITUALS
    Make Whole, Animal Messenger
    FORMULAS
    Alchemist's Fire
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Leper on
    If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Themes: yea or nay?

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I'll throw something together tonight for Defender or Striker.

Or Leader, actually

• imafrogimafrog Registered User regular
    Interest post, will replace with something tonight.

And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite.
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    What they said about stuff and interest and things.

Themes: Yes, as long as it makes sense within the world and for your character.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Kriv, knight Ordos Custos Morientium

“You and I are but earth.”

Kriv.png
    "Hrmph."

Personality:
    Kriv measures his words carefully and so speaks rarely. He is solemn and attentive to his duty, content to let others misjudge him and his creed as they will.

Kriv is a devout follower of the Raven Queen. He emphasizes that all things end and in ending become completely themselves. He firmly opposes those things that try to place themselves above the Cycle. Be it undead, unnatural longevity or those who think strength or ability places them above others, he believes he has been called to stand against such acts.

“You do not understand.”

CB Summary:
    Kriv, knight Ordos Custos Morientium, level 1
    Dragonborn, Paladin
    Build: Protecting Paladin
    Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath
    Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Constitution
    Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Cold
    Background: Disciplined Soldier (+2 to Endurance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 17, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 15, Dex 8, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 16.

AC: 20 Fort: 14 Reflex: 13 Will: 15
    HP: 32 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 14

TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +5, Insight +7, Intimidate +11, Endurance +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics -5, Arcana, Bluff +4, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Stealth -5, Streetwise +4, Thievery -5, Athletics -4

FEATS
    Level 1: Swift Recovery

POWERS
    Lay on Hands: Lay on Hands
    Level 1 Ordained Priest Feature: Shining Symbol
    Paladin at-will 1: Enfeebling Strike
    Paladin at-will 1: Virtuous Strike
    Paladin encounter 1: Valorous Smite
    Paladin daily 1: Majestic Halo

ITEMS
    Plate Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Longsword, Floating Shield Heavy Shield (heroic tier)
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

“Earth is not lacking.”

Forum Use:
    I am online intermittently during the day. Short posts would come through the day. Longer posts like this one would happen during the evenings. At present my evenings have no routine blocks but I will likely resume a class of some sort during this run.

"Much that is good comes from earth."

The Big Questions:
    “If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize?”
    Living and Dying refer to the same event and the confusion between the two is the root of much misery.

"Our food, our homes, even our armaments, all are but earth."

“What would you exhume from your world?”
    The idea that failing to die is succeeding to live.

"Earth can be many wonderful things, yet it is still never more than earth...."

“What values would you stand for?”
    Duty, Honor, Loyalty. The bond that all share as mortal siblings.

"...and you and I are but earth."

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Very nice. We have our first submission!

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Any free expertise feats? I have a concept for a Warforged Paladin coming, just need to think up a name and a bio.

Edit: @DevoutlyApathetic , you probably should buy a holy symbol to use those implement powers! :D

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Imp-le-ment? Sorry, you lost me, take it from the part where I hit them with my sword.

Actually, I forgot about Shining Symbol. Wasn't 100% on that theme but most of the others that were close were oriental flavored so I just went with the priest one.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Woop, I'll get on fixing that then.

Characters
  • PeffPeff Registered User regular
    I don't have access to the CB anymore unless they changed the sub requirement for it? Too bad, this looks good.

steam_sig.png
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Peff wrote: »
    I don't have access to the CB anymore unless they changed the sub requirement for it? Too bad, this looks good.

I doubt they did, but the old old version from back when it was not web-based still works if you have a copy. It's not up to date though.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Think I'll throw my hat into this. Character inbound sometime tonight.

As far as consideration, I can usually post in the mornings, lunch and evenings. Not in any pbp, but I do PnP every week, so I'm not newb.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    Sorry for the delay, work has been completely, completely nuts for the past couple days. 55 hour weeks, woo.

Ouch. There's no rush, I gave two weeks to make a character because I'm sure some people have more hectic schedules than I do.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I think I am going to rock a bard. Never played one before, and they sound fun.

I see no hybrids are allowed. Is multiclassing?

webguy20 on
    I would say no.

Multiclassing is mostly feat-based, to pickup a feat or a power here or there to pick up usually like a daily or encounter power, or just alternative skills. It's nowhere near as complicated as Hybrids, though it also has the caveat that Paragon Multiclassing is like the worst possible thing one could possibly do (I'm still not sure why that mechanic was even there).

Characters
    Aight. I can still make what I want, just changes things abit. No Biggie. I'm really digging this character that is forming in my head.

edited January 2013
    Wandering Iron, Ironforged Paladin of Erathis

HTspn.jpg

Quirks

Wandering Iron's odd birth has given him a love for new things, a curiosity that is employed in the hope that at the end of day it might lead him to improving himself. It also makes him very angry when someone deliberately destroys or casts off potential tools, improvements, technologies, or other forms of advanced knowledge. In terms of appearance he is very clearly picked out as slightly odd when compared to the rest of his kin, as his exterior is covered by patchwork improvements from a number of different sources.

Mannerisms

Built for the defense of Aronas, Wandering Iron bears a stature of an impressive guardian that is ingrained into his very core. He always acts with a sense of honour, of deference to authority, and of a tangible need to protect the innocent. However, his interrupted creation has let his personality develop more organically than most, and his curiousity lends him to being somewhat jovial and conversational for a machine.

Motivations

Wandering Iron has been flawed from his very creation, the engines of Aronas that birthed him having faltered for that one moment during the civilization's early history that marked this construct's entrance into the world. As a result, this mechanical defender has had an insatiable desire to perfect himself, driven by a sense of inadequacy of form. If plates of iron would not suffice, then magic would; if magic wouldn't do enough, then faith in advancing technology would have to be substituted for current improvements. Improvement, always advancing when the opportunities present themselves and doing so for the purpose of becoming as good a protector of Aronas as the rest of his non-flawed kin, is Wandering Iron's sole concern.

Questions
    If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize?

Innovation and improvement over all else. The pursuit of knowledge for the purposes of invention and creation. This is the only way that the Guardians of Aronas can effectively protect their masters over time's inevitable push onward.

What would you exhume from your world?

Ignorance, above all. Those who will not learn shall be purged, lest their influence spread and corrupt the tireless engineers of our society. Those too stubborn to accept change must be made to see the benefit of technological advancement.

What values would you stand for?

Protection of the innocent. Protection of the stores of knowledge that drive our society. Fostering curiousity wherever it might bloom even in the darkest minds, yet stamping out the corrupting influences of ignorance to safeguard our home.

Other Stuff

I DM Vale of Buried Shadows currently and play in Dragonslayers at the moment, but that's about it. Otherwise I'm available to post regularly and have a good foundation in building 4e stuff.

CB Summary:
    Wandering Iron, level 1
    Warforged, Paladin
    Incomplete Creation (+2 to Endurance)
    Theme: Ironwrought

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 19, CON 15, DEX 10, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 14

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 17, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 20 Fort: 15 Ref: 14 Will: 14
    HP: 30 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Endurance +9, History +6, Intimidate +9, Religion +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics –3, Arcana +1, Athletics +2, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering –1, Heal –1, Insight –1, Nature –1, Perception –1, Stealth –3, Streetwise +2, Thievery –3

POWERS
    Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
    Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
    Ironwrought Attack: Inevitable Strike
    Warforged Racial Power: Warforged Resolve
    Paladin Feature: Divine Mettle
    Paladin Feature: Divine Strength
    Paladin Feature: Divine Challenge
    Paladin Feature: Lay on Hands
    Paladin Attack 1: Ardent Strike
    Paladin Attack 1: Vengeance Strike
    Paladin Attack 1: Radiant Smite
    Paladin Attack 1: Blazing Brand

FEATS
    Level 1: Devout Protector Expertise
    Level 1: Armor Proficiency: Full Plate

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit
    Holy Symbol x1
    Full Plate x1
    Floating Shield Heavy Shield x1
    Battleaxe x1
    ====== End ======

Aegis on
    Characters
    Damn Character Creator won't let me set 22 as a point buy. Get to go to -2 and have to manually go to the next screen. :P

edited January 2013
    Point buy in the Char Creator defaults to 20 by setting everything to 10 or higher. Simply reduce one ability score to 8 to get up to 22.

Aegis on
    Characters
    As Aegis said, (but a bit more uncomplicated) it defaults to 22 point buy, but spends the first two points for you. ^_^

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
    Hahaha. Alright got it sorted out. This bards going to be awesome. I think anyways.

edited January 2013
    Character -

Patrin Darkscale - DragonBorn Bard

rimas_the_dragonborn_by_fushark-d3iiidf.png

Character Builder (Orokos Sheet)
    Patrin DarkScale, level 1
    Dragonborn, Bard
    Build: Valorous Bard
    Bardic Virtue Option: Virtue of Valor
    Arcane Implement Proficiency Option: Arcane Implement Proficiency (heavy blade group)
    Dragonborn Racial Power Option: Dragon Breath
    Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Constitution
    Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Fire
    Early Life - Lost Everything (+2 to Endurance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 14, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 12, WIS 9, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 14, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 12, WIS 9, CHA 16

AC: 17 Fort: 14 Ref: 13 Will: 16
    HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +6, Athletics +7, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate +11, Perception +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +1, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +6, Heal +0, History +4, Insight +0, Nature +0, Religion +2, Stealth +1, Streetwise +5, Thievery +1

POWERS
    Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
    Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
    Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath
    Bard Feature: Majestic Word
    Bard Feature: Words of Friendship
    Bard Attack 1: Guiding Strike
    Bard Attack 1: Staggering Note
    Bard Attack 1: Shout of Triumph
    Bard Attack 1: Stirring Shout

FEATS
    Level 1: Armor Proficiency: Scale
    Level 1: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Arcane Implement Proficiency

ITEMS
    Ritual Book
    Glib Limerick
    Tenser's Floating Disk
    Longsword x1
    Scale Armor x1
    Adventurer's Kit
    Amulet of Protection +1 x1
    Drum
    ====== End ======

Motivations
    Driven by the death of his clan, the thing that sustained him during the long years after was the traditional chants of his family and clan history. These gave him the courage to continue to carry on, no matter how bleak. He currently seeks out epics of various races, his belief being that the things that truly endure are the racial histories of the ages, passed down through song, chant, and other musical means. He looks forward to the day when he can bring retribution to those that shattered his life, and add this triumph to his personal song.

Mannerisms
    Cutting a dashing figure, Patrin gives the impression of the solidness of a great stone wall, his movements measured and calculated. Things change when he speaks though, a rich rolling baritone, people can't help but pay attention. During combat he will begin chanting and moving, changing from a great stone wall to a lithe and flexible willow. His body moving and flowing to the hidden song of combat. His chant is a deep almost subsonic sound, yet a sound so voluminous in its size and breadth that when his allies hear him they can't help but be bolstered by an unwavering confidence in their ability to overcome all odds. When Patrin's foes hear his chant though, they feel their confidence eroding, like great mountains brought low by time and weather.

Quirks
    Patrin has a natural disdain for most material goods that are of no direct use to him, forming no attachments to personal belongings. The one exception being his family drum, passed down through generations, that he was able to escape with. Many a pick pocket has felt the blade of Patrin's sword when they tried to lift the drum from his pack. If he hears a musician of particular talent or a ballad that he has never heard before his whole demeanor will change, becoming animated with a spark of excitement in his eye.

Questions
    I would emphasize family and tradition. Not forgetting your roots in the race to advance. A society with a rich oral tradition, passed down from parents to children.

Barbarism and the shattered songs of the lives and peoples broken by their violence.

Honor, Tradition and Family. Strengthening the bonds that hold society together.

webguy20 on
    So...people here like dragons, I take it.

I'm not a dragon!

Characters
    edited January 2013
    Alas, the loss of multiclassing has dashed my hopes of creating a non-dragon Opera-singing werewolf. (I'm serious.)

So instead you get Henri Felwynne: Atrocious Alchemist.

Updated my first post in the thread, and will add more later. Druid's "Beast Form" mechanics will be used to simulate a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde style character. (No changes to mechanics, only the descriptions)

Leper on
    Updated second post with a few more fluff pieces. Feel free to ask questions about the land and culture and whatnot if it will help you to develop a back story.

Also, the list so far:

Controller:

Henri Felwynne, Elf Druid - Leper

Leader:

Patrin Darkscale, Dragonborn Bard - webguy20

Defender:

Kriv, Dragonborn Paladin - DevoutlyApathetic
    Wandering Iron, Warforged Paladin - Aegis

Keep 'em coming!

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    DHS1S.jpg
    Urlonn Onceborn
    (Half-orc Vestige Warlock)

Struggle. Turmoil. Change. Such petty concerns are below the Conclave of Tansos, they who stand vigil over Aronas and time itself. When Urlonn was initiated he was eager to serve his eternal masters, training his body and mind to perfection in order to understand their teachings. Over the decades he was given their secrets, their sight but when they offered him a place among them he knew he did not understand. He would not be a simple conduit for them to cling to existence.

That night he gathered up his shadow and stole into the night. In the cool sea air he realised that for all his training and knowledge he had never had to survive in the world. He relished the thought.

-If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize?

Overcoming danger and adversity are the measures of a life well-lived. Only a society that challenges and tests itself relentlessly will avoid falling prey to stagnation.

-What would you exhume from your world?

Tradition and the tethers of the past. History has it's place, but it will always be viewed through the eyes of those who have written it.

-What values would you stand for?

Pragmatism. Take whatever is useful from the past and present, then use it to build the future.

CB Summary:
    Urlonn Onceborn, level 1
    Half-Orc, Warlock
    Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Constitution
    Eldritch Pact: Vestige Pact

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 8, Con 20, Dex 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 8, Con 18, Dex 11, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 15 Fort: 15 Reflex: 14 Will: 11
    HP: 32 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
    Thievery +7, Intimidate +7, Arcana +7, History +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering, Endurance +7, Heal, Insight, Nature, Perception, Religion +2, Stealth +1, Streetwise, Athletics -1

FEATS
    Feat User Choice: Rod Expertise
    Level 1: Vestige Adept

POWERS
    Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Strike
    Warlock encounter 1: Clarion Call
    Warlock daily 1: Vestige of Mount Vaelis

ITEMS
    Rod Implement, Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Burglar's Gloves (heroic tier)
    ============

f6E8WZq.jpg
    Omil Tesserin
    (Elf Shaper Psion)

Nestled amidst the Tianese mountains, the Transcendant Forest is a haven to those who seek enlightenment among the Luminous. To Omil, the youngest of the tenders, it is a graveyard. The men and women who come to meditate on the perfection of the gods and the universal truths strive to train their bodies and minds, becoming paragons in every field. Under the golden boughs they attain perfection and, touched by divine truth, become one with the trees.

This is not a fate Omil desires. Though his elders may dismiss them as youthful musings, he sees that imperfection is the driving force in the universe- a tree shaped imperfectly grows to compensate, finding a new way. His elders are less blasé about him using the trees under his care for these 'examples'.

Change and diversity are the essence of life and necessary to growth. Shake things up, move things around, just so long as it keeps reacting and growing.

Though it is a fine goal, perfection is death. It is stagnation and satisfaction, both enemies of a healthy society.

Humility. The wisest know that they do not know everything.

CB Summary:
    Omil Tesserin, level 1
    Elf, Psion
    Build: Shaper Psion
    Discipline Focus: Shaper Focus
    Elf Subrace: Standard Elf Racial Traits
    Background: Heretic (Stealth class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 15 Fort: 10 Reflex: 15 Will: 14
    HP: 22 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Dungeoneering +7, Arcana +10, Perception +10, Stealth +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +1, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Endurance, Heal +2, History +5, Insight +2, Intimidate -1, Nature +4, Religion +5, Streetwise -1, Thievery +1, Athletics

FEATS
    Psion: Ritual Caster
    Feat User Choice: Orb Expertise
    Level 1: Discipline Adept

POWERS
    Psion at-will 1: Kinetic Trawl
    Psion at-will 1: Dimensional Scramble
    Psion daily 1: Living Missile

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit, Orb Implement, Headband of Perception (heroic tier)
    RITUALS
    Make Whole, Sending, Silent Image
    ====== ======

I'm a player in the two Dungeon World games (Coldkeep and Die, Monster!), Jdark's MHR (Tale of Two Worlds) and I'm running the Dragonslayers 4e game (which I should be updating right now). That said, I can easily post several times a day.

Grog on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Definitely interested! Will post something when I get home from work tonight.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    So, I'm thinking about a Deva Shaman wherein the spirits he summons are all just his former selves popping in to say 'howdy' and kick butt. I think it might be kind of fun.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Hmm, tempting; haven't got my 4e on in a while.
    Thinking pixie vampire just because it's hilarious but I don't know how the luminous would react to someone that kinda needs to feed on sentients to exist?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Cassius Constantine, human vampire

vtVSG.jpg
    "Beautiful, isn't she?"

History
    "He doesn't exist, that is all you need know of him."
    Cassius was born hundreds of years ago to an Aronian family in what is now the kingdom of Atragal, son of a farmer and no one special. During his twenty-third year of life, he met someone who claimed to be one of the fabled Luminous. Shortly after that, he was killed and Cassius Constantine was born. He was taken to his sire's home in the lands beyond his former reckoning. His memories of his former life have all but faded, leaving only the one of the day he was killed as the only proof that he was ever human.

Current
    "Yours shall be an abstract, it matches your personality and will prove quite exquisite. Come, lay here, then we shall begin."
    Cassius is part of a wealthy sect of vampires that trade their powers for a "draining", taking a small amount of blood from a creature so that they may feed and nourish themselves in exchange for using their powers of persuasion and illusion to whisk the customer away to their dreams for an hour of pure bliss. It has been his life for as long as he can remember, and the business has been very lucrative, allowing Cassius to begin branching out into using the excess blood of the customers to paint portraits and other such things. After a few years, the practice has become their main source of providing for their sect, and Cassius wishes to strike out on his own to research and find new techniques to providing sustenance for his "family", either through more efficient draining or finding a new use for his artistic skills.

Personality
    "A chat? Very well, have a seat and we will talk of things you could only dream of."
    Cassius is well spoken in the manner of most nobles and high born creatures, and he keeps calm during even the most stressful situations that would break others. He has learned over his un-life that most things are not worth worrying about, for he will always continue forward no matter the outcome. His "brothers" and "sisters" would say that he is the most stoic and reserved of all of the "family" and never shirks his responsibility to the sect.

"The individual's soul. It is everything that makes a being what they are, who they are. Everything else is ultimately irrelevant and thus not worth the time."

"The mortal coil that binds us to this reality. Once we are free of that, then we shall truly know our own potential."

"Individualism. I am the only being that I truly know. Just as you are the only that you truly know. Take that away and we become nothing."

Edit - I am available to post just about any time after 2pm EST, and can make as many posts as is relevant for my character. I'm a DM for my RL group so I know the rules pretty well, though I rarely get a chance to be a player.

Slayer of Dreams on
    Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!