As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dapper Dogs [chat]

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    @kruite are you ready to do this NOW*

*as in, in about ten minutes

ftOqU21.png
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    De La Soul

(not a cover, but still!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0irL1M15DH8

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Minutes, not miles. Half an hour isn't going to make much difference to my walking conditions, but more time at home in the (hopefully) warm would be nice.

I'd love to just say fuck it and both leave early, but as he didn't pre-emptively make up the time at lunch we're beholden to man the forts until the end, like the band on the Titanic /melodrama

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Suck it up with the blizzard. Until you have black ice that forces you to slide down several blocks down a hill THEN you can complain.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    The boss gave us the option to work through lunch and go home early today to cope with the weather.

One of my team declined, which means I don't get to leave until he does. The 40m walk home in a dark blizzard is going to be fun.

Hit him with a boot.

Show a snowball at him.

488W936.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    According to this document on the expected competencies of the various grades all my work sexying up the office has been wasted!

That is how I've spent most of my year!

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/25500984

@Gooey

I just want you to know that I read your post, went to bed a few minutes later, and woke Raz up with a post hoc laughing fit. I hope you're happy, dawg.

i really think that pyongyang bus dot com has legs

919UOwT.png
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    @kruite are you ready to do this NOW*

*as in, in about ten minutes

yes, just msg me on the steam

Kruite wrote: »
    Suck it up with the blizzard. Until you have black ice that forces you to slide down several blocks down a hill THEN you can complain.

All flat on my walk home, and I can be warmed by the smoke coming from the chimneys of houseboats on the river :P

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I'm reading the news coverage of the PMs speech regarding the future of our EU membership and every article has a part about the Obama administrations view on it and what they want us to do. I can't help but think as much as I agree with what they're saying, the Obama administration should mind its own fucking business. Democratic governments do not get to call up other democratic governments and make self-interested demands, that isn't how democracies work. It's exactly the sort of shit you see Russia pull with its neighbours.

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Ick, it's like 50 out, cold is stupid.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    Shit I just remembered how good the rest of the Blind Melon album is. Love love love this southern blues rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1WbBaWTdc

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a filmmaker tackle the challenge of having people wear plausible hazmat gear in a movie, without finding some excuse to take the helmets off so we can see their faces.

Like, I'm thinking there's an artistic and interesting solution to this problem, that might lead to more intelligent stories being told.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    I'm reading the news coverage of the PMs speech regarding the future of our EU membership and every article has a part about the Obama administrations view on it and what they want us to do. I can't help but think as much as I agree with what they're saying, the Obama administration should mind its own fucking business. Democratic governments do not get to call up other democratic governments and make self-interested demands, that isn't how democracies work. It's exactly the sort of shit you see Russia pull with its neighbours.

the lone remaining superpower gets to do that

dwi

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    God. I need to get off my ass and reinstall Windows.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Ick, it's like 50 out, cold is stupid.

dude it's like 25 degrees here

• JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    Oh my god.

The new PA comic is so true. I really never realized. All this time. I think I could actually start to enjoy football now.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    usa: lone superpower, gold medalerist, and mars roverer

suck it rest of world

919UOwT.png

Stop fawning over our President and we'll stop letting him intimidate your country.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a filmmaker tackle the challenge of having people wear plausible hazmat gear in a movie, without finding some excuse to take the helmets off so we can see their faces.

Like, I'm thinking there's an artistic and interesting solution to this problem, that might lead to more intelligent stories being told.

As a firefighter I always get a chuckle out of seeing actors running into burning, smokeless buildings with their masks off.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular

What's the discrepancy/issue with real hazmat gear and fake hazmat gear? Seems the hard sci-fi movies enjoy showing people in large outfits without showing their face. Not sci-fi tv, though.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Wow. So if you use Pidgin and save your password, it stores it plaintext in an accounts.xml file.

the lone remaining superpower gets to do that

dwi

Nope you don't actually. Seems "call me Dave" decided to go ahead with his veiled threats of leaving the EU anyway. So apparently the US government doesn't have as much pull as it thinks it does.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Oh my god.

The new PA comic is so true. I really never realized. All this time. I think I could actually start to enjoy football now.

SRY AMERICAN FOOTBALL WILL ALWAYS BE INFERIOR TO THE ONLY AMERICAN SPORT

B-BALL

obF2Wuw.png
    @Casual you guys should ditch the EU anyhow. Join NAFTA and give the finger to the hated French.

(I may have been reading too much Patrick O'Brian lately...)

spool32 wrote: »

Stop fawning over our President and we'll stop letting him intimidate your country.

Give us a say in your government and we'll give you a say in ours.

You know who joining NAFTA would make really, really mad?

Every ancestral enemy of the English.

hahah no deal redcoat!

I see your game now. We already tried that once!

So... everyone?

Today I apparently have multiple personalities.

TL DR wrote: »
    Wow. So if you use Pidgin and save your password, it stores it plaintext in an accounts.xml file.

There isn't a more secure way. I mean what you would prefer? Pidgin needs the plaintext to send to the services via SSL, which means Pidgin needs to use reversible encryption. Which, if anyone ever gets your hard disk, they'll also have access to the key of.

For bonus points, consider most messenger services don't prompt if SSL certificates change, and there's no real way to verify who you're talking to at all!

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Oh my god.

SRY AMERICAN FOOTBALL WILL ALWAYS BE INFERIOR TO THE ONLY AMERICAN SPORT

B-BALL

Wasn't B-ball invented in Canada by Canadians?

Edit: My bad, it was invented by a Canadian, but in the American States of Union.

21stCentury on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Don't quit the EU. Federalize that shit.

@Casual you guys should ditch the EU anyhow. Join NAFTA and give the finger to the hated French.

(I may have been reading too much Patrick O'Brian lately...)

And see the panzers roll into London? No thanks.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

There isn't a more secure way. I mean what you would prefer? Pidgin needs the plaintext to send to the services via SSL, which means Pidgin needs to use reversible encryption. Which, if anyone ever gets your hard disk, they'll also have access to the key of.

For bonus points, consider most messenger services don't prompt if SSL certificates change, and there's no real way to verify who you're talking to at all!

I actually did just get a popup from Pidgin today that the AOL certificate was a day past expiration :bz

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Today I apparently have multiple personalities.

And Mayor Daley wants all of them at the polls on Tuesday.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular

hahah no deal redcoat!

I see your game now. We already tried that once!

Give the UK three inches of snow a day for a week. By day 5 it will look like every post-apocalypse movie.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Sparvy haha yes it was the spectator client indeed! I was so bummed that I immediately paid up. :)

Ah too bad, hope you enjoy it anyway. Though you played HoN right? So it should feel pretty similar, unless HoN has changed a lot since I last played. Which I think it actually has but whatever.

I actually did just get a popup from Pidgin today that the AOL certificate was a day past expiration :bz

I've been getting those too - I think the certificate blob is out of date.

Much as I normally hate the Windows certificate store, I kind of wish Pidgin would use it for stuff like that.

Don't quit the EU. Federalize that shit.

As much as most the European governments want to go down that route doing it against the wishes of the European electorate is turning out to be problematic.

This discussion has been closed.