As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Barebones [chat]

Wazilla is at work so no new [chat] from him.

You just get a barebones [chat]

No fancy gifs, pictures or high-end YouTube videos.

This is the cheap car version with no optional extras selected.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    You aren't Wazilla!

ALT

ALT

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    art

isn't that usually more of an autumn fresh-undergraduate-crop thread

aRkpc.gif
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Ryan Leaf is going back to jail.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    people of the [chat] thread, I need your advice on which movie to see next.

Should I go see...

Gangster Squad or Mama this week-end?

Or don't go see a movie and study instead?

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Should I go see...

Django Unchained.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Just heard in a meeting...

"Is this going to be a manual process?"
    "Everything is automated. We don't do handjobs!"
    *stifled laughter*

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    If I made an alt I certainly would not have him also be from Michigan. That's so boring.

Psn:wazukki
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Should I go see...

Django Unchained.

I agree, but I'm already seeing it a third time tomorrow.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Oh hey, Ryan Leaf is going back to jail.

I AM SHOCKED!!!

(chargers, shocked, get it?!?!)

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote:
    Wow. So if you use Pidgin and save your password, it stores it plaintext in an accounts.xml file.

There isn't a more secure way. I mean what you would prefer? Pidgin needs the plaintext to send to the services via SSL, which means Pidgin needs to use reversible encryption. Which, if anyone ever gets your hard disk, they'll also have access to the key of.

For bonus points, consider most messenger services don't prompt if SSL certificates change, and there's no real way to verify who you're talking to at all!

Yeah. Couple that with it's OSS so, if someone gets the file and it's encrypted, one could probably reverse the encryption in about 5 minutes. And that's being generous.

The way to prevent this is to use a master password to encrypt the file... so... you're back to square one.

Someone concerned about security would do a subversion pull, fork it and implement custom encryption, and then just keep the thing up to date and patch in their encryption every time a major revision comes out, and use it locally. Obviously don't develop the code on the same machine you want to be secure.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Barebones [chat] is best [chat] for phone posting.

He said fucking up the post and having to go back and edit it.

Casual on
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I do need to see Skyfall though. Hmm.

Hey whatever happened to that Watchowski movie? It came out with all those actors and then disappeared. Did everyone hate it or something?

Cloud Atlas? It was good. It was an interesting experience to watch 6 movies all at once in 3 hours. There was some great work by Tom Hanks and Keith David in it for sure. BUT. I think it suffered a bit because each of the different movies had a very different tone. One was a british comedy, one was a intense thriller, and one crazy sci fi action. People usually go to movies to see one movie of a certain type. The different moods were a bit jarring IMO. It was a cool concept though and worth watching.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    PEEEEEEEEEEENISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

obF2Wuw.png

*strokes chin pensively*

Wait, chin means penis in moonlanguage, don't it?

• RichyRichy Registered User regular

*strokes chin pensively*

Wait, chin means penis in moonlanguage, don't it?

Everything means penis in moonlanguage.

sig.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yoniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

obF2Wuw.png
    Anyone know of any hotels in the soho area of manhattan that have parking/don't require me to drop $50 a day on it ?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Anyone know of any hotels in the soho area of manhattan that have parking/don't require me to drop $50 a day on it ?

hahahahaha man bowen you are hilarious

919UOwT.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Surreals greatest nemesis?
    Erectile Dysfunction

Bless your heart.
    xlarge.jpg

Want that steering wheel.

I'm looking for something within walking distance to Webster Hall fyi.

• BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Oh. japan is home early. yay!

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Hey whatever happened to that Watchowski movie? It came out with all those actors and then disappeared. Did everyone hate it or something?

Cloud Atlas? It was good. It was an interesting experience to watch 6 movies all at once in 3 hours. There was some great work by Tom Hanks and Keith David in it for sure. BUT. I think it suffered a bit because each of the different movies had a very different tone. One was a british comedy, one was a intense thriller, and one crazy sci fi action. People usually go to movies to see one movie of a certain type. The different moods were a bit jarring IMO. It was a cool concept though and worth watching.

Yeah, that was the one. It seemed to generate a lot of articles as it was coming out and then I felt like I heard nothing.

Something like that seems like its true home is the Media player of stoners mapping the plots on a sheet if graph paper in a dorm room while huddled around a laptop screen and not in the theater.

Gooey wrote: »

I'd be fine if it was onsite and dropping 50 a day on it. Most of them have been like 2 miles away. Not something I really want to walk. Easier to stay in NJ with a huge parking lot, drive into manhattan for 8 hours, then go out.

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    $50 a night sounds crazy cheap for Manhattan.

desc wrote: »

Yeah, that was the one. It seemed to generate a lot of articles as it was coming out and then I felt like I heard nothing.

Something like that seems like its true home is the Media player of stoners mapping the plots on a sheet if graph paper in a dorm room while huddled around a laptop screen and not in the theater.

It was definitely a weird experiment in story telling. But, as I said, Tom Hank's (and Hugo Weaving) performance in the post apocalyptic part was freakin' excellent. And Keith David in the 70's part was awesomesauce. Worth a look just to see those parts.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    First boot on a new Windows 8 laptop is like going to Zombocom. I half expect it to pop up "reticluating splines" on the screen.

nibXTE7.png
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

I'd be fine if it was onsite and dropping 50 a day on it. Most of them have been like 2 miles away. Not something I really want to walk. Easier to stay in NJ with a huge parking lot, drive into manhattan for 8 hours, then go out.

if you're driving and want to stay in manhattan i think your best bet would be to park it in long term at an airport and take a cab in

i never had a car when i was there so i am useless when it comes to "where should i park"

919UOwT.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »

critics were wildly divided on the movie, which I totally figured would be the case no matter how good it was, but what surprised me is that basically everyone I've seen talk about here it on D&D at least liked it, and some loved it. I definitely think it's one of those things that is going to find its audience on video and be a cult thing in the future.

rRwz9.gif
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Bowen, why you want to stay in Soho on-the-cheap?
    Why you want drive in manhattan?
    Bowen stahp.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    kosh!

gchat

sig.gif

Bowen, why you want to stay in Soho on-the-cheap?
    Why you want drive in manhattan?
    Bowen stahp.

if you're driving and want to stay in manhattan i think your best bet would be to park it in long term at an airport and take a cab in

i never had a car when i was there so i am useless when it comes to "where should i park"

Park in an outer borough and take the subway in.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    driving in manhattan blurghhhhhhh

lol stay in one of those hiltons in jersey city and take the path in or something

poo
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    message me on gtalk too jacob you beautiful man

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Don't listen to them. New Work is wonderful for driving and there's plenty of on-street parking.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    no do not talk to cass make her wait in line

i am worth 100% of your attention

sig.gif
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    or even like stay in stamford and metro north in

poo
This discussion has been closed.