As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, January 18, 2013 - Sportz

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    I can hear the commentary in my mind...

"Theres the snap... he falls back--a rogue stealthed past the tanks and... oooh! fireball to the groin, thats gonna leave a nasty mark. Healer down! HES RUNNING FOR IT! Polymorph! Time Warp! is that... YES IT IS, HE JUST SUMMONED A DRAGON! While the adventurers subdue the dragon and we mop up the blood, here's a word from our sponsor, Leomud's Secret Sports Bar."

I want this game.

Blood Bowl - in classic table top AND new(ish) vidya game flavors!

• Options
    LostinJerseyLostinJersey Registered User new member
    Henroid wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    drazen wrote: »
    I concur that the OL, not DL, are the tanks, but what's that make the kickers? Bards?
    Cleric. Nobody really wants to be one, they're just kind of standing there most of the time, but if they get killed you might as well pack up and go home.

I almost want to ask what turnovers, downs, and onside kicks are analogous to. You guys are good at this.
    Here's my take on this:
    Turnovers are akin to going down/dying(when the turnover is returned for a TD). They are a huge shift in momentum.
    Downs are resettable enrage timers or timer for a large damaging AoE you have to avoid. Punting is avoiding the AoE.
    Onside kicks are a high risk high reward tactic. If it succeeds you gain a lot, if it fails you're placed into a terrible position.
    TD's are essentially crits.
    Def is mitigation(obviously).
    Sacks and tackles for a loss are counter attacks/reflected damage.

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless... like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." -Lee Jun Fan (aka Bruce Lee)
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I concur that the OL, not DL, are the tanks, but what's that make the kickers? Bards?
    Cleric. Nobody really wants to be one, they're just kind of standing there most of the time, but if they get killed you might as well pack up and go home.

I almost want to ask what turnovers, downs, and onside kicks are analogous to. You guys are good at this.

Disarm, turns, attack of opportunity.

When you actually get into rules the analogy starts to break down and ceases to be as funny.

Yeah this is starting to weird me out.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Here's my take on this:
    Turnovers are akin to going down/dying(when the turnover is returned for a TD). They are a huge shift in momentum.
    Downs are resettable enrage timers or timer for a large damaging AoE you have to avoid. Punting is avoiding the AoE.
    Onside kicks are a high risk high reward tactic. If it succeeds you gain a lot, if it fails you're placed into a terrible position.

And what about Tebowing?

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Here's my take on this:

And what about Tebowing?

Taunt?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The comic has been updated to reflect the correct way of things.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Tebowing is that annoying mage who always fires off one last spell at the end of a battle just so it looks on the scratch paper like he won every fight.

• Options
    drazendrazen Registered User regular

Ah, but it's fun weird.

Tight end... multiclassing? (as they both block and catch passes).
    Field goal... ranged attack?

• Options
    Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    hah! Sports are for those brainless jocks, right guys? Not like us Gamers who are totally smarter and superior to those boneheads who used to shove us in lockers, right guys? eh?

• Options
    gladerglader Registered User regular
    And don't forget your running backs are your melee dps while your wide receivers are your ranged dps. Adrian Petersen is incredible at breaking cc all the time.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    glader wrote: »
    And don't forget your running backs are your melee dps while your wide receivers are your ranged dps. Adrian Petersen is incredible at breaking cc all the time.
    And this guy is the head coach. Especially if you're the Lions, since all the coach seems to do is yell and yell and then when things go really bad it's usually his fault for throwing the challenge flag on an automatically reviewed play.

Hevach on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    If that's the Eagles on the screen behind him, then that IS filth Gabe's watching.

Its the Seahawks. Only Erica is a filthy Eagles fan.

Hey, there's no need to call them "filthy". It's redundant like PIN number.

Also, the game in question that's on the TV is the Seahawks/Niners. I can recognize the Niners pants from like a mile away.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    hah! Sports are for those brainless jocks, right guys? Not like us Gamers who are totally smarter and superior to those boneheads who used to shove us in lockers, right guys? eh?

Is this honestly the message you get from this comic?

This comic is about Gabe and Tycho expanding their horizons and finding things they enjoy for surprising and unusual reasons in places outside the stereotypical niche of interests and hobbies they may have once thought they occupied. It is directly mocking the notion that some hobbies/media are inferior to others and can only but enjoyed by some people but not others. It is literally the opposite of the exclusionary, Us-versus-Them thing you seem to be making it out to be.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    This is my favorite comic in a long time. No longer do I have to be tormented for liking sports and nerd games! Seriously though, LA needs to get a football team again already. I always feel a little weird rooting for a team that isn't representing my city. It's less fun.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I usually do the opposite. Since I've been a sports fan longer than a gamer, I have far more sports friends than gamer friends. So if I was playing LoL, for instance, I'd use sports terms to define the action.

It's fun, funny, and actually informative to think about it the other way. I'm using this to describe football to my girlfriend, since normally she just whips out her DS and plays Tetris while I watch, haha. Thanks, PA!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Fandeathis wrote: »
    This is my favorite comic in a long time. No longer do I have to be tormented for liking sports and nerd games! Seriously though, LA needs to get a football team again already. I always feel a little weird rooting for a team that isn't representing my city. It's less fun.

Honestly, as someone who was able to easily transition from both social groups, it always amused me how alike the "jock" and "nerd" groups were in being judgmental of each other.

The whole time, I just snickered to myself because it seemed like a joke only I got.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Speaking of which, I just had a very enlightening convo with the GF. We've decided that, while the QB is a wizard, they can follow a number of different builds. Some QBs are built a little tankier than others, e.g. Ben Roethlisberger. This extra str/vit can come at a cost of dexterity in some cases, though Big Ben is pretty agile. Then you have your squishier QB builds, such as Michael Vick. He's got an increased dodge chance due to high dexterity, but he's more susceptible to critical hits. RG3 would fall in this category as well and his knee injury is proof of that. Ace pocket passers like Brady and Peyton are the typical wizards; high Int with low dex/str/vit, but they can take a few hits without being completely destroyed. The high Int build is typically seen as being the best of all possible builds, but Aaron Rodgers is the exception. He fuses high int with high dex to form an almost broken build. Then you have supremely gimpy QB builds like Kyle Boller who has amazing strength but nothing else. Probably why he's out of the league...

She apparently likes football more now that it's framed in a more comfortable language for her ;-)

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Smoogy wrote: »
    Speaking of which, I just had a very enlightening convo with the GF. We've decided that, while the QB is a wizard, they can follow a number of different builds. Some QBs are built a little tankier than others, e.g. Ben Roethlisberger. This extra str/vit can come at a cost of dexterity in some cases, though Big Ben is pretty agile. Then you have your squishier QB builds, such as Michael Vick. He's got an increased dodge chance due to high dexterity, but he's more susceptible to critical hits. RG3 would fall in this category as well and his knee injury is proof of that. Ace pocket passers like Brady and Peyton are the typical wizards; high Int with low dex/str/vit, but they can take a few hits without being completely destroyed. The high Int build is typically seen as being the best of all possible builds, but Aaron Rodgers is the exception. He fuses high int with high dex to form an almost broken build. Then you have supremely gimpy QB builds like Kyle Boller who has amazing strength but nothing else. Probably why he's out of the league...

She apparently likes football more now that it's framed in a more comfortable language for her ;-)

So, Denard Robinson I presume is that one guy on the internet who has the convoluted melee DPS (going back to the RB/WR melee/range metaphor above) mage build that uses dubious multiclassing decisions and feats that you're reasonably sure don't stack?
    Not that I disliked Robinson exactly, but I worried about him as a potential liability. The history of big conference quarterbacks that run like he did was one of career ending injuries.

Hevach on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    All I have to add is that Eagles fans seem to be the most notorious for being violent and otherwise belligerent. I dunno how much more or less than that is compared to other teams but it's ridiculous, the shit I hear coming out of the city of brotherly love.

Anyway, the true filth in the NFL are 49ers fans.

I'm sure lots of people want to set a cowboys fan's car on fire

• Options

Ah, but it's fun weird.

just my thoughts:
    TE's and FG's are kinda weird. TE(and I guess full backs as well) would be tanky dps/off tank (kinda like warrior or paladin with a 2 hander instead of sword and board). They tank and deal damage (block and catch passes) but normally don't excel at either more than the more dedicated positions. They have their uses but aren't as sought after unless you're OP like Rob Gronkowski, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten or a healthy Antonio Gates.
    Field goals I suppose would be support. They are generally over looked seen as not needed until they cause you to win battle and are showered with praise(or cause you to lose and become the scape goat).

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless... like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." -Lee Jun Fan (aka Bruce Lee)
  • Options
    Some QBs are built a little tankier than others, e.g. Ben Roethlisberger. This extra str/vit can come at a cost of dexterity in some cases, though Big Ben is pretty agile. Then you have your squishier QB builds, such as Michael Vick. He's got an increased dodge chance due to high dexterity, but he's more susceptible to critical hits. RG3 would fall in this category as well and his knee injury is proof of that. Ace pocket passers like Brady and Peyton are the typical wizards; high Int with low dex/str/vit, but they can take a few hits without being completely destroyed. The high Int build is typically seen as being the best of all possible builds, but Aaron Rodgers is the exception. He fuses high int with high dex to form an almost broken build. Then you have supremely gimpy QB builds like Kyle Boller who has amazing strength but nothing else. Probably why he's out of the league...

Everyone wants to be the glass cannon, but you need to have good tanks to keep the aggro off. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how much damage you can do if you can't get the ball out, I mean, spell off. Sigh, poor Jay Cutler.

• Options

Ah, but it's fun weird.

just my thoughts:
    TE's and FG's are kinda weird. TE(and I guess full backs as well) would be tanky dps/off tank (kinda like warrior or paladin with a 2 hander instead of sword and board). They tank and deal damage (block and catch passes) but normally don't excel at either more than the more dedicated positions. They have their uses but aren't as sought after unless you're OP like Rob Gronkowski, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten or a healthy Antonio Gates.
    Field goals I suppose would be support. They are generally over looked seen as not needed until they cause you to win battle and are showered with praise(or cause you to lose and become the scape goat).

• Options
    Some QBs are built a little tankier than others, e.g. Ben Roethlisberger. This extra str/vit can come at a cost of dexterity in some cases, though Big Ben is pretty agile. Then you have your squishier QB builds, such as Michael Vick. He's got an increased dodge chance due to high dexterity, but he's more susceptible to critical hits. RG3 would fall in this category as well and his knee injury is proof of that. Ace pocket passers like Brady and Peyton are the typical wizards; high Int with low dex/str/vit, but they can take a few hits without being completely destroyed. The high Int build is typically seen as being the best of all possible builds, but Aaron Rodgers is the exception. He fuses high int with high dex to form an almost broken build. Then you have supremely gimpy QB builds like Kyle Boller who has amazing strength but nothing else. Probably why he's out of the league...

Everyone wants to be the glass cannon, but you need to have good tanks to keep the aggro off. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how much damage you can do if you can't get the ball out, I mean, spell off. Sigh, poor Jay Cutler.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Football is an RTS. MMA is an RPG or from a trainer's perspective, a pokemon game.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    All I have to add is that Eagles fans seem to be the most notorious for being violent and otherwise belligerent. I dunno how much more or less than that is compared to other teams but it's ridiculous, the shit I hear coming out of the city of brotherly love.

Anyway, the true filth in the NFL are 49ers fans.

You son of a bitch. Kneel before Megamind.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    If that's the Eagles on the screen behind him, then that IS filth Gabe's watching.

It was the Seattle Seahawks.

That's not really any better.

• Options

So, Denard Robinson I presume is that one guy on the internet who has the convoluted melee DPS (going back to the RB/WR melee/range metaphor above) mage build that uses dubious multiclassing decisions and feats that you're reasonably sure don't stack?
    Not that I disliked Robinson exactly, but I worried about him as a potential liability. The history of big conference quarterbacks that run like he did was one of career ending injuries.

Exactly...like in Diablo 3 he would be the melee wizard who actually works really well when his build is broken (college...or normal) and then can't handle it when the going gets tough (NFL...Inferno).

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    TboneynotTboneynot Registered User new member
    I haven't seen this mentioned, but it can't be a coincidence that the PA guys have a Wed. comic on fake girlfriends and a Fri. comic on football, all while this is going on in the sports world: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Tboneynot wrote: »
    I haven't seen this mentioned, but it can't be a coincidence that the PA guys have a Wed. comic on fake girlfriends and a Fri. comic on football, all while this is going on in the sports world: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8857057/friend-says-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-confessed-manti-teo-girlfriend-hoax.

what if...

it is a coincidence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-klQ-kpq98

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I think any moba would be greatly improved by a game mode that lasts a fixed amount of time, and scoring is based on how many times you can carry an object into the enemy fountain!

It was called Monday Night Combat, and it was glorious.

(I haven't even tried smnc because I was scared off by how toxic the community seemed when I got into the dang beta and went to check out the forums while installing the game)

faits.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Tboneynot wrote: »

The context of the wednesday comic was entirely unrelated to this situation, and G&T are pretty obviously following NFL (which is currently in the midst of playoffs) and not college ball (which is over)

So yeah, coincidence

• Options
    TboneynotTboneynot Registered User new member
    Considering the bizarro reality of the situation, that is one hell of a coincidence!

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Not at all?

• Options
    GiftsOfMenGiftsOfMen Registered User regular

Agreed! I think kickers are healers. No one notices them until you need them, at which point they can save your ass or wipe the raid.

• Options
    GiftsOfMenGiftsOfMen Registered User regular

Turnovers are like a sap, stunning you and stopping any current actions.

On onside kick is blowing your 30min cooldown. Too early and it could cost you the raid. Use only when needed. Think Divine Intervention (for you Pallies out there).

Downs are just turns. Sorry, that ones just not as fun to compare.

• Options
    skim172skim172 Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    Football is really just an RTS game.

I enthusiastically disagree. Football is clearly turn-based tactical strategy, with cooperative multiplayer real-time action elements. Observe:

Football has two Commanders (coaches), each of whom have available about 50 Players on their Team. The objective is to score more Victory Points than the other Team. Victory Points are scored by carrying the Bomb (the football) to the opposing Team's Base (end zone) on the other side of the Map (field). In between the Bases are 100 Capture Points (yards) - advancing the Bomb is done by gaining and holding Capture Points.

On each Turn, or "down," there is an Activation and an Attack/Defend round. In the Activation Round, Commanders select and deploy 11 Players and give them commands. In the Attack/Defend Round, the Players will execute these orders. How well each Player executes their commands depends on their character sheet (ability scores, stamina, morale, and experience levels) and, obviously, player skill. Positive and negative buffs can affect these statistics (Fatigued, Injured, Motivated, Berserk [Rivalry Game], Berserk [Roid Rage], Bad Turf, etc).

Only the Team currently in possession of the Bomb may initiate an attack. The Attacking Team has 4 Turns before their Possession expires. The Turn can be extended by gaining 10 Capture Points, in which case, their Turn total is reset to 4. When their Possession expires, the Bomb reverses to the other Team, who are then on Attack.

The game is Turn-Based strategy for the Coaches, but Real-Time Tactical for the Players, who, in each Turn, must either capture territory (on Attack) or kill the Bomb-carrier (on Defense). There are multiple player classes, and Football's innovative character creation system allows for a wide variety of custom hybrid classes, but they generally break down into "Runner, Receiver, Ranged, and Tank" on Attack and "Heavy, Raider, and Interceptor" on Defense.

To Capture a Point, a Player must carry the Bomb through enemies until they are brought down. Runners carry the Bomb, Tanks protect the Bomb-carrier and try to keep them alive for as long as possible. If a Bomb-carrier's knee or elbow touches the ground, they are dead, and a new Turn begins. Alternatively, a Ranged Player (who can also carry the Bomb) attempts to fire the Bomb through the air; Receivers are spies who infiltrate enemy territory to paint a target for the Bomb to hit. If the Bomb safely reaches the Receiver, all the territory in-between the two Points is gained.

Once the Bomb has reached the opponents' Base, Victory Points are awarded. There are two ways to accomplish this. One is to Launch (kick) the Bomb at the opponent's Base. This can only be done by a special Ranged player-class known as the Kicker, which has low statistics, defenses, and health. The Kicker is the only class with the Launch ability, which takes 2-4 seconds to cast, during which time the Kicker must be protected by the Team. If the Launch is long enough and accurate enough, 3 Victory Points are awarded.

The other scoring option is to carry the Bomb all the way to the Base by capturing every Capture Point. This awards 6 Victory Points. The Attacking Team will then have one Bonus Turn (extra point) to score bonus points, either by launching or carrying the Bomb.

Alternative, if the Attacking Team doubts their ability to extend their Possession or successfully fire the Bomb at the Base, they can choose to execute a Punt - a strategic option to give up Possession in exchange for territory.

On Defense, the objective is to kill the Bomb-carrier and stop the opposing Commander from gaining territory. Heavies are slow, but strong - generally intended to attack Tanks. Interceptors are speedy, but weak - generally intended to hunt down Receivers. Raiders are in-between and are generally tasked as the "Bomb-killers" - the ones who target the Bomb-carriers. Defense can either stymie the Attackers until Possession runs out or they can attempt to steal the Bomb for themselves. If a Carrier drops the Bomb before dying or if a launch is seized by an Interceptor, the Defense can then immediately advance the Bomb, in real-time, in the other direction, gaining territory or even breaching the opponent Base themselves, gaining 6 Victory Points in the process. If the Defender carrying the ball is killed before reaching the Base, their Team immediately is given Possession at the site of the kill.

After the Victory Points are awarded, the Map resets. The Game is divided into 4 Quarters, each lasting 15 minutes. Teams can use Time-outs to temporarily pause the time limit, for strategic purposes - either to gain more time to think about their next move, to rest and heal Fatigued or Injured Players, or to allow more time for the Activation Round. After all 4 quarters are finished, the cumulative total of Victory Points determines the winner.

It's actually a lot like a Magic-type card game, in a way, from the perspective of the coaches.

• Options
    skim172skim172 Registered User regular
    Falx wrote: »
    Football is really just an RTS game.

I enthusiastically disagree. Football is clearly turn-based tactical strategy, with cooperative multiplayer real-time action elements. Observe:

Football has two Commanders (coaches), each of whom have available about 50 Players on their Team. The objective is to score more Victory Points than the other Team. Victory Points are scored by carrying the Bomb (the football) to the opposing Team's Base (end zone) on the other side of the Map (field). In between the Bases are 100 Capture Points (yards) - advancing the Bomb is done by gaining and holding Capture Points.

On each Turn, or "down," there is an Activation and an Attack/Defend round. In the Activation Round, Commanders select and deploy 11 Players and give them commands. In the Attack/Defend Round, the Players will execute these orders. How well each Player executes their commands depends on their character sheet (ability scores, stamina, morale, and experience levels) and, obviously, player skill. Positive and negative buffs can affect these statistics (Fatigued, Injured, Motivated, Berserk [Rivalry Game], Berserk [Roid Rage], Bad Turf, etc).

Only the Team currently in possession of the Bomb may initiate an attack. The Attacking Team has 4 Turns before their Possession expires. The Turn can be extended by gaining 10 Capture Points, in which case, their Turn total is reset to 4. When their Possession expires, the Bomb reverses to the other Team, who are then on Attack.

The game is Turn-Based strategy for the Coaches, but Real-Time Tactical for the Players, who, in each Turn, must either capture territory (on Attack) or kill the Bomb-carrier (on Defense). There are multiple player classes, and Football's innovative character creation system allows for a wide variety of custom hybrid classes, but they generally break down into "Runner, Receiver, Ranged, and Tank" on Attack and "Heavy, Raider, and Interceptor" on Defense.

To Capture a Point, a Player must carry the Bomb through enemies until they are brought down. Runners carry the Bomb, Tanks protect the Bomb-carrier and try to keep them alive for as long as possible. If a Bomb-carrier's knee or elbow touches the ground, they are dead, and a new Turn begins. Alternatively, a Ranged Player (who can also carry the Bomb) attempts to fire the Bomb through the air; Receivers are spies who infiltrate enemy territory to paint a target for the Bomb to hit. If the Bomb safely reaches the Receiver, all the territory in-between the two Points is gained.

Once the Bomb has reached the opponents' Base, Victory Points are awarded. There are two ways to accomplish this. One is to Launch (kick) the Bomb at the opponent's Base. This can only be done by a special Ranged player-class known as the Kicker, which has low statistics, defenses, and health. The Kicker is the only class with the Launch ability, which takes 2-4 seconds to cast, during which time the Kicker must be protected by the Team. If the Launch is long enough and accurate enough, 3 Victory Points are awarded.

The other scoring option is to carry the Bomb all the way to the Base by capturing every Capture Point. This awards 6 Victory Points. The Attacking Team will then have one Bonus Turn (extra point) to score bonus points, either by launching or carrying the Bomb.

Alternative, if the Attacking Team doubts their ability to extend their Possession or successfully fire the Bomb at the Base, they can choose to execute a Punt - a strategic option to give up Possession in exchange for territory.

On Defense, the objective is to kill the Bomb-carrier and stop the opposing Commander from gaining territory. Heavies are slow, but strong - generally intended to attack Tanks. Interceptors are speedy, but weak - generally intended to hunt down Receivers. Raiders are in-between and are generally tasked as the "Bomb-killers" - the ones who target the Bomb-carriers. Defense can either stymie the Attackers until Possession runs out or they can attempt to steal the Bomb for themselves. If a Carrier drops the Bomb before dying or if a launch is seized by an Interceptor, the Defense can then immediately advance the Bomb, in real-time, in the other direction, gaining territory or even breaching the opponent Base themselves, gaining 6 Victory Points in the process. If the Defender carrying the ball is killed before reaching the Base, their Team immediately is given Possession at the site of the kill.

After the Victory Points are awarded, the Map resets. The Game is divided into 4 Quarters, each lasting 15 minutes. Teams can use Time-outs to temporarily pause the time limit, for strategic purposes - either to gain more time to think about their next move, to rest and heal Fatigued or Injured Players, or to allow more time for the Activation Round. After all 4 quarters are finished, the cumulative total of Victory Points determines the winner.

It's actually a lot like a Magic-type card game, in a way, from the perspective of the coaches.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Thats a helluva long double post response to a dumb post that literally only exists because I was hoping someone would ask, what're the resources?

And I would go hur hur steroids.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Alsadius wrote: »
    At risk of losing nerd cred, the *offensive* line are the quarterback's tanks - the defensive line is the line of the defending team.

Don't worry. Being pedantic on an internet forum actually makes you more nerdy. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    puntopunto Registered User regular
    I don't see why he's so surprised, the other day they were both playing "Medal of Duty" or whatever, this was just an inevitable follow up.