As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PATV] Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - Extra Credits Season 2, Ep. 2: Playing Like a Designer (pt. 1)

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
image[PATV] Tuesday, August 30, 2011 - Extra Credits Season 2, Ep. 2: Playing Like a Designer (pt. 1)

This week, we talk about how to play games like a game designer. At least, we start to.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• caibborcaibbor Registered User regular
    What game is being displayed at 3:34?

• LowkrLowkr Registered User regular
    Hey Caibbor,
    Although I don't remember the face icon being over in the bottom left corner (thought it was more lower middle), I'd still say the game in question is Castle Wolfenstein.

• bungheadbunghead Registered User new member
    @caibbor: It's actually Voxelstein 3D: http://voxelstein3d.sourceforge.net/

• ZeroWalkerZeroWalker Registered User new member
    Kinda fun I always analyse stuff that happens in the game while I also enjoy it and I don´t even plan to be a designer. It may be because my Tv/radio education where we learn to analyse movies as we saw them why they did just that or how it could been better and to see everything in a movie and not only what the moive focus on.

• DoomBlackDragonDoomBlackDragon Registered User regular
    One of the biggest reason I hate Halo. Dumbing down combat. The regenerating health makes fps to easy. There for devs have to throw in stupid instant kill machines just to kill you. Why Halo will never be in my video game history. Because it change the game from hard core gaming to casual gaming.

• realmsloverrealmslover Registered User regular
    I do this with conversation. I just seldom retain that analysis.