As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Planetside 2]: Lasers for the laser god.

• TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    wow, that's an amazingly bad response. I mean the ingame system should prevent individuals from being griefed too terribly, but still

Nah it takes too long for weapons lock to kick in to be enough of a deterrent or preventative measure. Especially if they're only following around one player and the two of them are splitting the grief points.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    wow, that's an amazingly bad response. I mean the ingame system should prevent individuals from being griefed too terribly, but still

They are sending him tells with "we know where you are, be right there".
    They fly airplanes into his planes, ram tanks or C4 flashes into his vehicles, shoot/explode/knife him as infantry. It's really fucking stupid and no ingame system is stopping them in any way.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Klyka wrote: »

They fly airplanes into his planes, ram tanks or C4 flashes into his vehicles, shoot/explode/knife him as infantry. It's really fucking stupid and no ingame system is stopping them in any way.

How are they finding him so easily? Could they be hacking?

EH28YFo.jpg
    Taranis wrote: »

Fly across the map and do "/who playername" to see if he is in that hex. Then they TK him.
    Or just go for the bigger fights, cause that's where everyone is.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • VorpalVorpal Registered User regular

The in-game system is an utter farce and will in no way prevent anyone from TK'ing whoever they want.

I believe between the two of them they could TK him 24 times per day before they were both weapons locked.

I guess since you have SOE sanction for an all out war on them, that would be the most amusing response.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    That is an outrageously awful response and can't be SOE's general policy. I'd go so far as to find someone else in SOE to report that GM to.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    Some guy on reddit shares his story with me:
    Outfits with 'TK on sight' orders have made my squadmate quit, and he had no possible comeback. One guy, against an entire clan who can encompass all of the active fights on the server, who can see his nametag coming if he spawns somewhere else and tries to come for them. There was no way to fight back, and he was bullied off the server. Since my squad have all stopped playing, I've quit too.

His crime was to spawn a tank when one of their infantry was on the tankpad. Gj customer support.

Also, we want to avoid a TK war on them cause we are a very diplomatic outfit otherwise.
    It really is the last instance.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited January 2013

Fly across the map and do "/who playername" to see if he is in that hex. Then they TK him.

I didn't even know you could do that.

You should contact smedley or higby on twitter and let them know about the situation. Then provide a link to the tweet to your outfit mates (and us if you want) and instruct them to lend support via twitter in the most well mannered way.

Or you could just email them directly. Either way this is pretty big flaw in their handling of griefing and bullying that needs to be addressed immediately before other assholes find out that this sort of thing is possible.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

Nah it takes too long for weapons lock to kick in to be enough of a deterrent or preventative measure. Especially if they're only following around one player and the two of them are splitting the grief points.

I'm not extremely familiar with the nuts and bolts of the weapon lock system, but this seems off to me. I've gotten weapon locked in my lightning before just in the regular course of play because friendlies constantly run in front of me or get tagged by HE rounds. I got locked the other night when I accidentally TKed two dudes in a biolab portal room, and my understanding is that if you get locked again after recently being locked it comes back on for a longer duration.

I'm sure people have figured out workarounds though and obviously two or more people can rotate their lockouts, which is what makes their response so spectacularly dumb. But it doesn't seem like it should really be possible for two or three dudes to fuck up somebody's day for more than like, 15 minutes or so.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    From Higby's Twitter:
    All I'll say about the recent changes with the Ultimate Empire Showdown is that we, like the Tour de France, take doping really seriously.

Lawl.
    You should contact smedley or higby on twitter and let them know about the situation.
    I'd send it to both of them.

wWuzwvJ.png
    But it doesn't seem like it should really be possible for two or three dudes to fuck up somebody's day for more than like, 15 minutes or so.

You wouldn't believe the lengths people who are bored and malicious can go to.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg

I'm not extremely familiar with the nuts and bolts of the weapon lock system, but this seems off to me. I've gotten weapon locked in my lightning before just in the regular course of play because friendlies constantly run in front of me or get tagged by HE rounds. I got locked the other night when I accidentally TKed two dudes in a biolab portal room, and my understanding is that if you get locked again after recently being locked it comes back on for a longer duration.

I'm sure people have figured out workarounds though and obviously two or more people can rotate their lockouts, which is what makes their response so spectacularly dumb. But it doesn't seem like it should really be possible for two or three dudes to fuck up somebody's day for more than like, 15 minutes or so.

You must've also damaged multiple players when you TK'd both of those guys. I'm pretty sure that grief points scale based on how many players you hurt withing a certain time period.

I know I've TK'd people with racist names repeatedly until they respawned somewhere far enough that I couldn't find them and I never got weapons locked. However doing that after accidentally clipping a few friendlies in a vehicle and I got weapons locked.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    Also, for those of you that may have noticed (from Higby):
    The change to Flash Bang range and MAX profile in thermal/NV were both unintentional, we'll be fixing soon.

I have seen folks complaining about at least the Flashbang part and of course they acted like it was the end of the world and SOE is the worst ever in the history of worsts. They way it sounded though was like it was a complete accident. Glad to know that my software developer skills still work.

steam_sig.png
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    People in outfits acting like jackasses.

Who would have thought!

wakkawa wrote: »
    People in outfits acting like jackasses.

Who would have thought!

Go back to rocket podding a sunderer somewhere.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    So, I had tweeted about this mess and got a response >.>
    @planetside2: @togsolid We have added you. Please direct message us the reference number of your conversation with support. Thank you. ^Spoiler

Uhhhhhhhhhh....whoops. On the plus side they seem eager to bring down the hammer. What's your twitter @Klyka so I can point them in the right direction.

wWuzwvJ.png
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    @planetside2: @togsolid We have added you. Please direct message us the reference number of your conversation with support. Thank you. ^Spoiler

Uhhhhhhhhhh....whoops. On the plus side they seem eager to bring down the hammer. What's your twitter @Klyka so I can point them in the right direction.

I'm "Klyka" on twitter. Thanks man!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited January 2013

I'm "Klyka" on twitter. Thanks man!

I DM'd them and told them to contact you. Welcome!

@Klyka
    We have done so. If you or he could provide us with that reference number, we could appreciate it. Thanks again! ^Spoiler
    You should have a message from @Planetside2 waiting for you. They're definitely paying attention to this.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Devs are going to announce something about 15 minutes from now on the Friday Night Ops stream:

EDIT: It's live now. They are showing stuff they are working on live.

Dirtyboy on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Devs are going to announce something about 15 minutes from now on the Friday Night Ops stream:

EDIT: it's live now.

Showing off the new spawn rooms and SMGs.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Woah those new outpost spawn rooms are awesome. Huge shielded doors and windows to fire out of, and a covering over the roof. Very cool, very cool.

Better biolab spawns too, including that roof access. I assume that is for the amp and tech spawns also. The wider doorways make a lot of sense.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting for server transfers... i hope they are still coming on the 30th...

1Gn4PNI.png
    Gonna be hard to suppress biolab defenders with that spawn room roof access.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    how do the SMGs look? They are a pistol replacement, right?

NREqxl5.jpg
    SMGs are primary weapon. It looks like they are high fire rate, short range, small magazine.

• CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    I might have missed it, did they show any tunnels?

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited January 2013
    No the tunnels aren't ready to show off yet. Nor was the Vanu SMG :(

SMG are meant to be a primary weapon for even shorter range than carbines. I expect LA and Infiltrator will get the most use out of them because of the range, but all classes (except MAX of course) will be able to carry them.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    SMGs are primary weapon. It looks like they are high fire rate, short range, small magazine.

I uh, don't really see the point of them then

are they just for infiltrators?

NREqxl5.jpg
    edited January 2013
    They said they couldn't show the tunnels as they weren't ready. They mentioned they'll probably do a non-Friday stream soon to show tunnels and other new stuff off.

Dirtyboy on
    Tunnels are not in yet. SMGs will have quicker ADS times and ADS movement.

Also, their old invisible observer camera could roadkill people so that might be a cause for mysterious deaths in the past.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    yay SMGs

yay tunnels

yay for giving infiltrators a gun that allows them to actually infiltrate, and yay for actually giving them something to infiltrate

• Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Ahh, doesn't every factions infiltrator already have a fully automatic, short range, small mag gun?

Ratsult2 on
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Ahh, doesn't every factions infiltrator already have a fully automatic, short range, small mag gun?

If you mean the full auto battle rifles then they don't really count since they're pretty awful.

wWuzwvJ.png
    To be honest I am pretty concerned about giving Infiltrators a good short range weapon. Shotgun infiltrators in beta were ridiculous.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Is it just me or did jumpjets get a slight acceleration boost?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • HibikiHibiki Registered User regular

these people have nothing better to do?

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    If you can get your entire outfit to repeatedly mass report said player, odds are you can get them banned. We've had a couple people get alt accounts whacked for taking it upon themselves to repeatedly grief a well known TR outfit leader. He promptly called down 100+ tickets from his people and our man was stopped.

If its just a once or twice a night thing I doubt they'll do anything though. VS goons have had an ongoing tk war with Reddit since release.

ECOED.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Also, we want to avoid a TK war on them cause we are a very diplomatic outfit otherwise.

I admit I was wary joining some gaming clan I'd never heard of before, but IP surprised me with how mature it is.

Echo wrote: »

I admit I was wary joining some gaming clan I'd never heard of before, but IP surprised me with how mature it is.

I'm really glad you're enjoying yourself there, I have so far met a ton of cool people and since it's a multi-gaming clan it's not all just PS2 day in and out either.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

If you mean the full auto battle rifles then they don't really count since they're pretty awful.

I wouldn't call them "Awful" but they are definently meant to be mid-range weapons, not something you can bring into a building and expect to compete against even starting carbines in close quarters.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.