As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How old are you?

1235»

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Oregon Trail ftw

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    We had a "computer class" in my elementary school days. We'd sit down in pairs in front of the Apples and there'd be a mad dash for the limited number of Oregon Trail floppies. There was also some really bizarre "game" where you could combine different elements to create a monster in a weird science lab sort of way.

I never could survive OT playing as the farmer though. Starting as the banker was the way for me. And years later, as I found myself driving cross country from Boston to Oregon, I was thankful I didn't have to stop every so often and attempt to kill rabbits with pixels for food.

/broken axle

DJBreslin on
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oregon Trail, Carmen Sandiego, and Spelunx Adventures FTW!

atray on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    so, uh......."How old are you?"

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    doczero wrote: »
    <- 34

I copied my first game out of a basic book onto my sinclair ZX. Asteroids with no collision detection!

DocZero

Hi 5, Doc. We elders have to pass on the lore! Oregon Trail and Star Blazer on the Apple ][e come to my mind right now. I can't remember any further back... damn 32 year old brain!

Even being 10 years younger I still played the hell out of Oregon Trail thanks to my elementary school having a library full of Apple ][es. Best educational game ever made.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    so, uh......."How old are you?"
    atray wrote: »
    Another guy in his 20's

25 here

atray on
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Oregon Trail ftw

On the Macs in the school's computer room, we had multiplayer Oregon Trail. We never made it more than a few miles, because someone would always call a stop to hunt, forcing us all into hunting mode. Soon as we were done, someone would stop to hunt again.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    quest for glory on my PS\1 Expert....I feel old.

Shade on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Quest for Glory was one of the most fun adventure games I have ever played.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was thinking about attending PAX this year...and figured I'd take a look at the forums to find any info for first-time attendees...in reading this thread I think that, at 43, I'd be woefully out of place. For you past PAX attendees, have there been many old-fart gamers in attendance?

Don't worry about it. Everyone will think you are a developer or producer.

I made the mistake of wearing a sport coat one day, and this guy tried to pitch me his machinema idea on the elevator.

I said, "sounds great. You should really find someone with money to underwrite that."

Had to give the dude credit for being a go-getter, though.

tl;dr: the adventure doesn't end when you get older, it just gets stranger

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    slacktron wrote: »
    I was thinking about attending PAX this year...and figured I'd take a look at the forums to find any info for first-time attendees...in reading this thread I think that, at 43, I'd be woefully out of place. For you past PAX attendees, have there been many old-fart gamers in attendance?

Don't worry about it. Everyone will think you are a developer or producer.

I made the mistake of wearing a sport coat one day, and this guy tried to pitch me his machinema idea on the elevator.

I said, "sounds great. You should really find someone with money to underwrite that."

Had to give the dude credit for being a go-getter, though.

tl;dr: the adventure doesn't end when you get older, it just gets stranger

lmao, it's funny how dressing better than those around you wil get you more attention. kinda ot, but i went on a police ride along here in issaquah once and we reported to a 911 hangup. i was wearing a suit and tie, and the people were talking to me the whole time instead of the cop! i like pretending i'm authority ;) RESPECT IT, BITCH!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yay, I am now 20, and talk about how much I hate those damn teenagers.

Not you guys though, you're all cool.

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • GodfatherXGodfatherX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wow glad to see im no the oldest, thanks older folks...25 here

GodfatherX on
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    THE AGE OF THE SUN GOD CANNOT BE DISCUSSED WITH YOUR PUNY MORTAL NUMBERS.

(25)

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • RisseRisse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll be turning 21 the week after PAX. I have been going every year and certainly appreciate seeing such a diversity in age. Don't be discouraged to go if you're not the majority, with a projected... what, 30,000 people? I'm sure you'll be able to find someone your age.

Risse on
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am and will be 22.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • TempestBrewerTempestBrewer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll turn 23 the weekend before PAX! :)

TempestBrewer on
  • ChimpManZeeChimpManZee Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    I appreciate everyone who replied to my concerns regarding being an older (40+) PAX attendee...thanks to all the input, I've just registered and will be attending my first PAX!

ChimpManZee on
  • slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I appreciate everyone who replied to my concerns regarding being an older (40+) PAX attendee...thanks to all the input, I've just registered and will be attending my first PAX!

Sweet, now I'm no longer the oldest! Whoo-hoo! Licorice whips and sarsaparillas for everyone!

Thanks ChimpManZee!

slacktron on
    slacktron_zombie_fighter_sig.jpg
  • ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hello All,

I shall be turning 30 about a month before PAX, and the friend I am dragging along will be 32 (or maybe he'll be 33.. I can not recall)

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
  • ppd1000ppd1000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    18 now and 18 at PAX

ppd1000 on
  • Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i'm turning 7 in august

pimp shit, yeah.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • HALOPENHALOPEN Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    im some age between 1 and 100

HALOPEN on
    mcyayer7.png
    HALOPEN FILMS
    www.halopen.com
  • GryffonGryffon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Hey Chimp. Glad to see you're on board. I was thinking I was going to be the only one there over 35: I'll be turning 40 on opening day. We can have a beer and talk about the days when your character in an Adventure game was nothing but a square and your sword was an arrow -- and we loved it!

Oh, and the character had to walk up hill, both ways, in the snow, on the way to capturing the chalice.

-Gryffon

Gryffon on
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just turned 28, and just registered for PAX. I know a few other friends from work, around my age, planning to go too. (We live in the area too)

For those of drinking age, any interest in hitting the bars/clubs afterwards? There are a few places I could recommend. Since this is my first PAX, I wasn't sure if stuff like that happened much.

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    21, the hot age of maturity.

Dee Kae on
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think there will be enough of us "old" folks. I'm 35 and my brother is 36.

Steel Fire on
  • Lambert83Lambert83 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The two I'm traveling with and myself are all 24.
    23 was a pain good riddance.

Lambert83 on
  • GryffonGryffon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Steel Fire wrote: »

Yeah... I was thinking of trying to organize a gathering for us over 35 types. 8-)

Gryffon on
  • Twisted2Twisted2 Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    woot im 18 ill bring down that average age a little bit

Twisted2 on
  • KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    HotSake wrote: »
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Oregon Trail ftw

On the Macs in the school's computer room, we had multiplayer Oregon Trail. We never made it more than a few miles, because someone would always call a stop to hunt, forcing us all into hunting mode. Soon as we were done, someone would stop to hunt again.

Oregon trail was my first FPS.

I'm 21.

Kyouteki on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Steel Fire wrote: »

Yeah, I turned 30 this year, and the people I know going this year are all 30+, so you're safe.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i turned 19 on 7/30

Nephirij on
This discussion has been closed.