As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Computer Build Thread] - Bemoan the passing of the old thread, but celebrate the new!

19495969798100»

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Warning: Pictures of a less-than-stellar cabling job incoming...
    new_pc1.jpg
    new_pc2.jpg

• Options
    Couldn't get the 8-pin CPU connector around the back. Might invest in a CPU power connector extension at some point.

• Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    Oh god that blue PSU. You better have gotten that for a song

455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It's a holdover from my last build (in 2009). It's a 750W PC Power & Cooling, so whatevs.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Hey, i've seen worse wiring jobs

so long as it boots!

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    New Thread! I know how exciting this must be for everyone but be cool, man, be cool.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    I will say that the whole administrator and permissions seems fucked to hell and completely arbitrary. I'm the administrator. I should have full access to everything, no? Well I can't save a file to C:\, it tells me to contact the administrator. I can save it to C:\New Folder, and then copy it to C:\ just fine. But I'm not allowed to save directly?

I've also got some shortcuts on the desktop. Some of them will run no problem. Others will pop up a window asking me to give permission first. Every single time I run it. I have no idea why it does this for some and not others. It's just a stupid hoop to make me jump through.

That's not Windows 8. That's UAC, and you'd have the same issues on Windows 7. It's telling you to keep your goddamn documents in the goddamn documents folder.

And he should tell it he owns the computer not UAC and turn that crap off. They need to implement it so it doesn't annoy you.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    well my mom finally decided to let me build her a new computer.

went with

A8-5600K
    ASRock FM2A75 Pro4 FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard, originally wanted teh micro-atx version which ws cheaper, but also sold out everywhere
    1TB Spinpoint F3
    CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
    BitFenix Merc Beta Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

and then grabbed her a new 21.5" asus monitor.

camo_sig.png