As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Planetside 2]: Lasers for the laser god.

1939495969799»

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    hm, don't think I really want an SMG. In light of that, not sure what to do with these 1000 certs. Maybe cert up the vx6 for light assault and finally buy the last rank of lightning proximity radar

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Speakin of proximity radar, is there a way to zoom in on your minimap? I can make it larger, but not zoomed.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the expanded view zooms it a little bit, but I don't think there's a way to zoom it farther

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    No zoom on the minimap currently. Pretty big complaint from players, so I expect it will change at some point.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    New game hack where an engineer turret gets teleported onto you, killing you instantly (plus other teleporting shenanigans):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--VqYzrZ4OU&feature=youtu.be

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    No the tunnels aren't ready to show off yet. Nor was the Vanu SMG :(

SMG are meant to be a primary weapon for even shorter range than carbines. I expect LA and Infiltrator will get the most use out of them because of the range, but all classes (except MAX of course) will be able to carry them.

I dunno. I don't see anyone using this other than Infiltrator.

As an LA, if I want close range, I use a shotgun. If I want longer range, I want a carbine. I don't see myself wanting a gun that is shorter range than a carbine, but still not the insta kill a shotgun is.

Actually...if HA get them..they might have a use for room clearing. Maybe.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    New game hack where an engineer turret gets teleported onto you, killing you instantly (plus other teleporting shenanigans):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--VqYzrZ4OU&feature=youtu.be

There are an insane number of VS hackers on Connery.

I'd say I've seen more VS Connery hackers than all other hackers from all other empires on all other servers I've played on put together.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    I have been killed by that hack a lot.

It's annoying.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2013
    It explains a few deaths, that's for sure.

A duck! on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    well, at least somebody found a use for the MANA turret

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    After a recommendation from the now-defunct BF3 thread I downloaded and tried this.

Man I cannot get into it. I've tried mixing up classes, I've tried different playstyles...I think my big problem is that I generally prefer infantry and when I'm rolling solo/with pubbies, that doesn't work well in this game.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    After a recommendation from the now-defunct BF3 thread I downloaded and tried this.

Man I cannot get into it. I've tried mixing up classes, I've tried different playstyles...I think my big problem is that I generally prefer infantry and when I'm rolling solo/with pubbies, that doesn't work well in this game.

This game is not designed to be played by yourself. You should consider joining one of the larger outfits out there. When you have a clear chain of command and enough people, magic happens.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Jump jets definitely got buffed. They feel like they no longer take a fraction of a second to build up momentum, seem much faster at full speed.

I'm not sure if it's tied to upgrades at all, but it's very noticeable for me and I've got fully upgraded jump jets.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Water Tawrich is a bloodbath right now. All 3 empires are fighting it out.

Also, fuck the thermal max bug.

• Options
    Taranis wrote: »
    Jump jets definitely got buffed. They feel like they no longer take a fraction of a second to build up momentum, seem much faster at full speed.

I'm not sure if it's tied to upgrades at all, but it's very noticeable for me and I've got fully upgraded jump jets.

weren't the upgrades buggged? I thought they didn't work past rank two or something before

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Taranis wrote: »

weren't the upgrades buggged? I thought they didn't work past rank two or something before

That's what I'd always heard, but SOE never confirmed it and it's never been fixed in the patch notes.

The upgrades shouldn't affect speed and acceleration according to the upgrades' descriptions. I think their sound effects have been changed as well. They seem to whine more like jets now, though that of course could just be due to my new motherboard's superior audio chipset.

Does anyone know of a way that I can easily data mine future patches? Like make a copy of the patch from the installer and save it in a separate location and unpack it?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE1cbNC5vAU

LevelCap's response to TotalBiscuit

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    ok, levelcap has won me over

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    That is fantastic and the sort of faction leader we should of had from the start. On one hand it'd be nice if he played on Waterson, on the other, the Waterson Vanu are starting to really get their shit together thanks to being always outnumbered.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    And that's a good way to close out this thread.

This discussion has been closed.