As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Barebones [chat]

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    What's a poached egg?

eggs that have been removed illegally from the wild

like eagle eggs or condor eggs

fuck gendered marketing
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    hollandaise is easy. I mean I can't make it from memory but it's not HARD if you have the right tools.

The hardest thing in the world to make is candy. If you ever see "make sure the melted sugar reaches a soft ball/hard ball" you know shit just got real and you better put your big boy pants on.

But as with any cooking, having the right tools is half the battle

I mean, on the scale of cooking eggs, hollandaise is on the higher skill level end.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Everything's easy if you know how to do it and have experience with it.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    What's a poached egg?

you're late, but yours was waaay better. so an awesome for you

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

False. Love gets harder the more experience you have with it.

• AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I guess I'm a lecherous gaijin because the book seems interesting to me.

Also I feel like I can see where my pistol / heal-fist deck is going in tsw

There is nothing to be lecherous about!

You can readily get it off Amazon.co.jp, but they are notoriously unreliable when it comes to shipping internationally

in which case I could send you a copy, if you'd like

If I even open the door to amazon.jp ... It could get excessive

Also i want ryuutama already :l
    I am so stoked for when they finally translate and release Meikyuu Kingdom. You get in on the Ryuutama KS? Pissed I missed it.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Results of investigations into why road bike is unrideable due to freehub intermittently not engaging:

Freehub body is packed with dense brown sludge composed of old grease, rust, and disintegrating ball bearings.

I also can't dismantle it without a specific tool from Formula of Italy that is more expensive than the wheel is really worth.

New wheel, then.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Egg poachers are a major concern of the US Fish and Wildlife Service

You should report anyone you know to have poached an egg to the proper authorities

fuck gendered marketing
    That's why I'm so Ludious. I've loved so much, that I'm at diamond tier and I SUCK.

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    What's a poached egg?

The illegality makes them taste better.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

what's love got to do with it

sig.gif
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Poaching an egg isn't as simple as scrambling an egg.

I'd say it's Eggs 102.

I mean, it's not like making hollandaise or meringue, but it's not the easiest way to cook an egg.
    I believe both Elendil and I were quoting Archer.

Leitner wrote: »
    James Bond is just meh in general. It's so close to being cool. I can't even describe what it is that winds up losing its luster for me. I think he needs a sidekick.
    Talking of Bond.

British police retain right to sleep with people in groups they're infiltrating.
    British police are creeps.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

So does a penis.

Cinders wrote: »
    What's a poached egg?

The illegality makes them taste better.

I have a theory that this is why raw milk is so appealing.

Poaching an egg isn't as simple as scrambling an egg.

I'd say it's Eggs 102.

I mean, it's not like making hollandaise or meringue, but it's not the easiest way to cook an egg.
    I believe both Elendil and I were quoting Archer.

shut up i hate you

WELL I HAVE EGG ON MY FACE

I keep meaning to watch Archer but my wife finds it insufferable. I think her exact words were "I deal with this shit from you. I am not watching it on Television as well."

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2013
    There was a thing recently where a commuter train took off in the night at max speed, blew through the mechanical stops at the end of line station and went 50 meters straight into an apartment building. The train was empty at the time apart from a cleaner, who was the only one injured. So at first they thought she had stolen the train.

Technical investigation showed though that someone had disabled the dead man's switch, for comfort reasons. The train had been left on when the driver went home etc. And the cleaner most likely accidentally engaged full throttle when bending the drivers chair over to reach below it for cleaning. Just such a surreal bad luck series of events.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    James Bond is just meh in general. It's so close to being cool. I can't even describe what it is that winds up losing its luster for me. I think he needs a sidekick.
    Talking of Bond.

British police retain right to sleep with people in groups they're infiltrating.

Nah, plz have a more nuanced reasonable view.

Salt and Vinegar or Thai Sweet Chili pringles, SO MANY CHOICES

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    what the fuck! how an I susposed to beat this level in Tactics Ogre, there is ZERO way im fast enough to save this npc

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    btw jacob i went to watch hockey and it was alright

one lady was kind of obnoxious... being real melodramatic and opinionated and stating her opinions really strongly and loudly

found out one of the other people in that social cirle is real mean i guess? accuses people of lying in the middle of friendly social gatherings?

So that was all kind of lame but I know not to attend happy hour now

but I met a couple of new people who seemed cool so 5/10 overall I guess?

sig.gif
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ninja Theroy and Capcom trolling fans hard

2ef49dbfb16ffee4e362a43efcb58e771358528764_full.jpg

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    salt and vinegar skrub

obF2Wuw.png
    Honk wrote: »
    There was a thing recently where a commuter train took off in the night at max speed, blew through the mechanical stops at the end of line station and went 50 meters straight into an apartment building. The train was empty at the time apart from a cleaner, who was the only one injured. So at first they thought she had stolen the train.

Technical investigation showed though that someone had disabled the dead man's switch, for comfort reasons. The train had been left on when the driver went home etc. And the cleaner most likely accidentally engaged full throttle when bending the drivers chair over to reach below it for cleaning. Just such a surreal bad luck series of events.

I would feel bad finding this so funny if anyone had been seriously hurt or killed.

But since no one was, it's my favorite story of the month.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

You can readily get it off Amazon.co.jp, but they are notoriously unreliable when it comes to shipping internationally

I am so stoked for when they finally translate and release Meikyuu Kingdom. You get in on the Ryuutama KS? Pissed I missed it.

I did not start the kicks. I will just be buying it like a scrub.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Now I am thinking of our cops basically being Tony Ferrino partnered with Swiss Tony.

Talking of Bond.

Nah, plz have a more nuanced reasonable view.
    British Police who sleep with people while undercover are creeps.

Your desire for Salt and Vinegar chips increases exponentially with how chapped your lips are and whether or not you have a mouth sore.

Dental surgery basically renders you catatonic from desire.

what the fuck! how an I susposed to beat this level in Tactics Ogre, there is ZERO way im fast enough to save this npc
    Is this LUCT? I fucking love the shit out of that game. Which level are you stuck on?

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Okay let's take out the DoT and the dot booster and add in a baby multi hit and group heal off a kill ...

Tinkering tinkering tinkering :whistle:

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    btw jacob i went to watch hockey and it was alright

one lady was kind of obnoxious... being real melodramatic and opinionated and stating her opinions really strongly and loudly

found out one of the other people in that social cirle is real mean i guess? accuses people of lying in the middle of friendly social gatherings?

So that was all kind of lame but I know not to attend happy hour now

but I met a couple of new people who seemed cool so 5/10 overall I guess?

new cool people is the important part dogg

rRwz9.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

There hasn't been a Ryuutama kickstarter yet! February or March is when it'll launch, apparently

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    my mother is really bad at cooking meat. She is so afraid of food poisoning that she overcooks everything. I used to hate steak because she would only ever serve it black.

There hasn't been a Ryuutama kickstarter yet! February or March is when it'll launch, apparently
    Man I'm thinking of another Japanese import. Fuck. W/E I want Ryuutama.

Sel et Vinaigre here we come.

Tav wrote: »
    my mother is really bad at cooking meat. She is so afraid of food poisoning that she overcooks everything. I used to hate steak because she would only ever serve it black.

You should have her arrested.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I would feel bad finding this so funny if anyone had been seriously hurt or killed.

As flavour:
    When building the apartment building that took the hit, they had apparently vented the notion that it may be better to place it a bit off to the side of the train-rail vector. But then they said no, it's not like a train is gonna blow through the stops and fly 50 meters into our building lol.

PSN: Honkalot

As flavour:
    When building the apartment building that took the hit, they had apparently vented the notion that it may be better to place it a bit off to the side of the train-rail vector. But then they said no, it's not like a train is gonna blow through the stops and fly 50 meters into our building lol.

hahahahaha

oh man

This discussion has been closed.