As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Barebones [chat]

1929394959698»

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Chanus wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    my mother is really bad at cooking meat. She is so afraid of food poisoning that she overcooks everything. I used to hate steak because she would only ever serve it black.

You should have her arrested.

She made sunday dinner there. All of the veg and sauce was amazing, but the roast beef had basically melted into an undiscernible mound of flavourlessness. I am very appreciative of getting dinner but daaaaaaaaaamn

Tav on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    @BobCesca, @Japan, could you pm me the address of the place in Worthing. The missus wants to google map some stuff.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Now that I've had a day to reflect on Cabin the Woods
    And sort of calm down... I think my biggest problem with the film is that the idea was so fucking cool, that there is so much to explore in that universe. You could make a movie in that universe that wasn't even...horror really. But the ending, sort of nullifies that. I mean I suppose you could make a sequel that would basically be a post apoc film with people fighting ancient gods, but that just sounds..icky? And the ideas of prequels just..ugh.. I hate prequels. I mean it's just that it was basically SCP: The movie. Anyway, still a great film overall, weird, fucked up personal problems aside. I just want more of that universe in a non-horror genre.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Also saw cabin in the woods last night.

Counterpoint: It was baller as fuck

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I have not seen Cabin in the Woods.

Counter-counterpoint:

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Javascript does seem very well suited to this project. Though it would help to have someone guide me through this. Any takers? :P

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Javascript does seem very well suited to this project. Though it would help to have someone guide me through this. Any takers? :P

1.) Know how to use javascript.
    2.) Don't not know how to use javascript.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I fail both 1 and 2.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I count myself really lucky that I went into Cabin in the Woods not knowing anything at all about it beyond that Whedon was involved (which is a net neutral for me, as I've never seen Buffy or the rest of that stuff) and it was supposed to have some funny parts.

It wasn't my favorite movie of last year or anything, but it was just such a pleasant surprise. Especially from a genre (horror) I usually don't bother with at all.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Wait I thought you were like, Buffy aficionado number 1

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    Wait I thought you were like, Buffy aficionado number 1

you take that back

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Huh, you can gift steam games to a solid saints steam account for them to auction off. I'm gonna do that! Charity has never been less effort on my part!

Casual on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    [insert frothing rant about slacktivism or whatever]

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I don't really have a problem with slacktivism.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I don't really have a problem with slacktivism.

Slacker.

• Options
    @Eddy make the new chat

@Casual is backup

Geth, close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.