As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Feature Suggestion: Remember Last Read Comic

oOSephOooOSephOo Registered User new member
It would be awesome if you could add a cookie that would store the last read comic and then provide a link that would take you to the oldest unread comic, right now I have to go back through them "nope haven't read, nope, nope, * several more nope's snipped *, ah finaly.

I could of course just read them in reverse, but that's much like watching a movie in reverse, :roll:

Hope you'll consider this, it'd be dirt easy to implement and would be a huge help.

oOSephOo on

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Hey, Memento was an excellent movie.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Couldnt you just Bookmark it? I dont have a ton of bookmarks, but at the same time I dont bookmark my favorite PA comics.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    What would be the point? Aside from the first time somebody decides to read the archives when would this be used? I might also question how simple it really is, since it's never something I've seenimplemented anywhere.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    What would be the point? Aside from the first time somebody decides to read the archives when would this be used? I might also question how simple it really is, since it's never something I've seenimplemented anywhere.

The point would be that people who don't stop by everyday could get to the oldest unread strip with the click of a mouse, instead of having to browse through maybe 20 strips.

Although you might question how simple it really is then I can tell you that it is, I'm a PHP programmer myself and I could have this implemented in half an hour.

Just because a feature is unique doesn't mean it's hard to do, just means you've (or in this case Me :P) have been creative before the others.

oOSephOo on
  • Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bookmark your last viewed comic.

Linksville on
  • Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Also, there will be no new website/forum features until after Alpha is finished with his cocaine binge.

Linksville on
  • Options
    dmitdmit Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Also, there will be no new website/forum features until after Alpha is finished with his cocaine binge.
    But that's the perfect time to implement new features.

dmit on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Bookmark your last viewed comic.

Penny Arcade isn't important enough to clutter my bookmarks, this was merely a suggestion on how to improve the service for the visitors, personally I believe that's the most importantant priority, clearly not so. But suit yourselves I can live without it, albait it seems silly shrugging it off.

oOSephOo on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Well, I know scary go round uses a method similar to this, so if there's any actual consideration for the concept, I'd say toss the guy who makes it an e-mail and see what he does to make it work. Could be a pretty standardized thing that can just be copy and pasted into PA.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    oOSephOo wrote:
    It would be awesome if you could add a cookie that would store the last read comic and then provide a link that would take you to the oldest unread comic, right now I have to go back through them "nope haven't read, nope, nope, * several more nope's snipped *, ah finaly.

I could of course just read them in reverse, but that's much like watching a movie in reverse, :roll:

Hope you'll consider this, it'd be dirt easy to implement and would be a huge help.
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Penny Arcade is one of maybe two webcomics I know of that, absolutely, no questions asked, every time, update on schedule. Are you away from the internet for weeks at a time, or can you just not be bothered to check the site for 30 seconds three times a week?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Yes at times I'm away several weeks at a time, and when I do come online I often forget about checking Penny Arcade, even though I do enjoy read the comics, this would be another way of helping those of us who can't be on constantly due to various reasons.

oOSephOo on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006

Knowing him, that could be months

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.