As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shadow Moses Pre-PAX Game Night at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf! (Updated 3/20/13)

HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101!Behind YouRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
Shadow Moses Pre-PAX Game Night at the Boston Marriott Long Wharf!

This year, for the first time ever, PAX East will have not 1, but 2 pre-PAX gaming nights, staggered throughout the Boston Metro area for your gaming pleasure. Attend one or all! See below for details.

WHAT: A coordinated meetup the night before PAX for anyone with board games, or anyone who wants to play boardgames.

WHERE: The Boston Marriott Long Wharf 296 State Street. The Waterline Restaurant in the Long Wharf is graciously giving us use of the private dining room with seating for 50-100 people. Details below!

WHEN: 8pm until Midnight. Sadly that is when the restaurant closes.

OTHER GAME NIGHTS:
BoardGame of Thrones Game Night at the Westin: 250-300 Seats

OFFICIAL TWITTER HASHTAGS FOR PREPAX GAME NIGHTS!
Use these to look for other people wanting to play!
#WestinTabletop
#MarriottTabletop

MAP OF GAME NIGHTS

COOL SHIT
The Long Wharf is hooking us up for our first year there:
- The Waterline Restaurant: We will be in the private dining room that can hold 50-100 people.
There will be drink specials and we have full run of the menu, linked here for your clickyness:

Food

Drink

HOW IT WORKS

On the Thread
1. If you have games to bring, please post what you're bringing.
2. If you're looking to play a specific game, please post your request.
3. Please post your game/requests on the thread for the hotel that you plan to attend.

Once Present at the Hotel
1. Your coordinators for the night are Halfazedninja and Thunderous_T. Halfazedninja will be the guy wearing the Tye-Dyed top hat, 90's style.
2. If you've got a game and are looking for players, put the box top of the game vertically on your table. This is the universal sign for "I don't care who you are, please join us"
3. If you're looking to join a game, look for vertical box tops.

THE RULES
- Being good guests is critical to this event's welcome at the hotel. Don't be a dick.
- Please make every effort to game in the area they've set aside for us (listed above).
- If you get asked by the hotel staff to move, please be respectful and honor their request.
- The hotel will be reserving the lobby bar/cafe for non-gaming guests. Please sit in one of the designated gaming areas to game.
- The hotel is giving us huge, amazing, dedicated space for free. The best way to show your appreciation and support is to order drinks and food from the hotel while you're there.
- Being that the game night officially ends at Midnight, please keep that in mind and if you choose to game after Midnight find a nice quiet spot to hole up in due to noise concerns from the hotel

GAME ON!!

Requested Games
D&D
Magic The Gathering
DC Comics Deck Building Game
Star Wars Deck Building Game

Available Games
7 Wonders
Ascension
Arkham Horror
Boss Monster
Cards Against Humanity (including both expansions and Christmas 2012 expansion) - 6
Cthulu Dice - 2
Disaster Looms
Dragon Age - 2
Drinking Quest
Dominion
Dungeon World (maybe)
Fiasco
Forbidden Island
Get Bit
Gloom
Lords of Waterdeep
Magic The Gathering Draft (if there is enough interest and people willing to pay)
Munchkin Bites
Munchkin Blender
Munchkin - 2
Munchkin Zombies
Pandemic - 2
Pirate Fluxx
Quarriers
Roborally
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Star Fluxx
Stone Age
Super Munchkin
We Didn't Playtest This At All
Zombicide (Maybe)
Zombie Dice - 3

Bring your Vitas and/or 3DS's too!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

Halfazedninja on

• scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm not staying there, but I'm within walking distance and would be interested in attending!

sig.php?id=222
  • Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    My friend and I are staying there, and I am definitely interested. While the Westin sounds fun, it also sounds crazy and over crowded. It may be fun to do our own thing :D

Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Yeah as much fun as the Westin would probably be, I was thinking of the overcrowding too. Hell I'm thinking even if we can take over a corner of the hotel bar that would probably be a blast :)

• N13N13 Registered User regular
    I'm not staying there, but I'm within walking distance and would be interested in attending!
    Ditto.

• HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Is the BCEC within walking distance? It looks like it might be...

So it looks like there might be some interest in this! I'm excited :)

Is the BCEC within walking distance? It looks like it might be...

Yes somewhat - it is a 20-25 minute walk.

sig.php?id=222
    Walking depends on how cold it is lol.

-40 windchill where I live today, Boston 'cold' isn't going to keep me from walking anywhere :D. Others' milage may very however.

-40 windchill where I live today, Boston 'cold' isn't going to keep me from walking anywhere :D. Others' milage may very however.

GAH! That sounds like Minnesota weather!

• royalB117royalB117 Lord Chancellor of the Brotherhood of the Marginally Coordinated America, creators of the [object] and home of the [adjective]Registered User regular
    I'm within walking distance too so if you can get something going I'm in.

www.thevitriolicgamer.com
    I do long form opinion articles, previews, reviews and news on pc gaming and consoles.
    The site is still a work in progress and yes I will bloody work on it.
    I'm actually quite nice considering the name, I'm just very snarky.

royalB117 wrote: »
    I'm within walking distance too so if you can get something going I'm in.

Awesome

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I'm staying at the Omni. If something gets set up, I'll try to make it over that night.

This space for rent

GAH! That sounds like Minnesota weather!

That's because it IS Minnesota weather!

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I am staying at the Long Wharf and i am interested and will likely be there

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
    So far this sounds like a great idea! Here are the games I'm coming with, if anyone else wants to bring some that would be awesome:

Cards Against Humanity (base, both expansions and the Christmas expansion)

Various Munchkin games (base, super, zombie & vampire)

Zombie Dice

Anyone want to add any more?

I can add another set of Zombie Dice and the Munchkin base (old skewl--no color). I also have Star Fluxx and Back to the Future (Chrononauts).

N13 wrote: »
    I can add another set of Zombie Dice and the Munchkin base (old skewl--no color). I also have Star Fluxx and Back to the Future (Chrononauts).

Excellent

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    I'll be at the Long Wharf as well with a dozen or so friends and family. I've got a bunch of games but not sure what I'll be bringing with me yet. Probably some dominion sets, the PA game (with expansion) and whatever else is popular with our group around that time. Most of us are planning on doing the barcrawl but we might be around before that for some gaming.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Also within walking distance, I might come join you guys as well.

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
    I've got a bunch of games, and haven't decided what to bring yet. I could flesh out the munchkin collection and add blender, another copy of the PA game, quarriers, my prototype copy of boss monster (from kickstarter), disaster looms (also from kickstarter), if people are wanting something a little more in depth/longer i've got the game of thrones of LCG and several house decks my friends and i play with. I'm also wondering if some sort of DnD adventure might garner interest? How about Fiasco?

That sounds great!

• aj31907aj31907 You all can call me AJ. Registered User regular
    It would be great to get some Street Fighter 4 games in.

aj31907 wrote: »
    It would be great to get some Street Fighter 4 games in.

I was thinking more along the lines of games that didn't need a TV set up.

It looks like this maybe happening. I will hopefully have more details on Friday!

• FriendOfAnimalsFriendOfAnimals Registered User regular
    staying there with some friends as well. i'm in! we get in very early thursday.

• aj31907aj31907 You all can call me AJ. Registered User regular
    If we are doing handhelds. I'm up for some umvc3 on the vita.

aj31907 wrote: »
    If we are doing handhelds. I'm up for some umvc3 on the vita.

Absolutely!

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Why couldnt this be at the hotel im staying at :(.

Organize one. Otherwise, see if there's one in a hotel near(er) yours.

Where are you staying?

Hyatt Regency.

How far is it away from Long Wharf? Happiness is just a cab ride away :)

15-minute walk, 5-minute drive.

sig.php?id=222
    15-minute walk, 5-minute drive.

Well then there ya go!

Not sure if this will conflict with Poke Pubcrawl if there is one this year, im still eagerly awaiting the announcement.

Not sure if this will conflict with Poke Pubcrawl if there is one this year, im still eagerly awaiting the announcement.

Think there is a Pokecrawl this year but I know we're hoping to start our event at like 8pm

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The gaming always does conflict with the pokecrawl, but the gaming usually goes on very late into the night, so it's not too hard to do the pokecrawl first, then head to gaming.

zerzhul wrote: »
    The gaming always does conflict with the pokecrawl, but the gaming usually goes on very late into the night, so it's not too hard to do the pokecrawl first, then head to gaming.

Exactly!

A quick update:

I should hopefully have more info on this within the next two days. I called the hotel yesterday and the person I needed to speak to wasn't in the office. I'm tryingto set us up somewhere nice and not in the way of the other guests so that the hotel doesn't get annoyed with us. Stay tuned!

Ok guys! The Info is here!