As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(D&D4e) The Divine Future OOC thread

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Background/Events
    Shattered memories are all Davandra has left of her former life. She was a soldier once, she knew that, but everything else is gone. There are scars in odd places. Children? War Wounds? There's no way of knowing, but a yearning to lead others into battle consumes the leftover flickers of whom she used to be. A face. A man, possibly a general? She must find him, he'll have the answers.
    An even bigger mystery is why the Raven Queen brought her back. Waking up as a shade, she knew not what she was to do, just tossed a spear and pointed to the door. The spear feels familiar, at least; it feels like home.

Additional Background she does not know: She was the adjutant and consort of a major general (up to the DM how to incorporate) and known as "Lady of Battle" for her beauty, generosity and courage on the field. While now a revenant, she'll be known by some people, as she was the figurehead for the army she fought within.

Personality
    Davandra is kind, but confused and driven by unseen forces. She will never hesitate to jump into battle or help her allies, but seems dead to the world outside of battle. She is still getting used to her new life as a revenant, and still does not know where her place in the world will be.

Availability
    Generally available most days, though the occasional business trip will sometimes hinder availability for about a week(usually once every few months)

CB Summary
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Davandra, level 1
    Revenant, Ardent
    Ardent Mantle Option: Mantle of Clarity
    Choose your Race in Life: Human
    Pivotal Event - You Die (+2 to Endurance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 14, DEX 12, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 20

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 11, CHA 18

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Ref: 11 Will: 16
    HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Diplomacy +10, Insight +5, Intimidate +12, Streetwise +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +0, Arcana –1, Athletics –1, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +5, Heal +0, History –1, Nature +0, Perception +0, Religion –1, Stealth +0, Thievery +0

POWERS
    Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
    Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
    Revenant Utility: Dark Reaping
    Ardent Feature: Ardent Alacrity
    Ardent Feature: Ardent Surge
    Ardent Attack 1: Demoralizing Strike
    Ardent Attack 1: Energizing Strike
    Ardent Attack 1: Battleborn Acuity

FEATS
    Level 1: Melee Training (Charisma)

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit
    Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing)
    Chainmail x1
    Longspear x1
    Amulet of Protection +1
    ====== End ======

Experience - Have DM'd some 4E, currently in a weekly game with friends.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Soooo apparently we like undead and dragons now...

Quick, someone make a dragonkin vampire! :P

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I have been away from DnD too long. Vampires are a class now. We looped back around to 1E with racial classes.

Can I be a Dwarf. Just... level 1 dwarf.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    @schuss I will also need your character's answers to those questions listed in the OP, just in case you forgot.

• Options
    LeperLeper Registered User regular
    Henri is nearly complete... I'll try to sketch something up for him tomorrow afternoon.

If my role play is hindered by rolling to play, then I'd prefer the rolls play right, instead of steam-rolling play-night.
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Making characters now. I'm gonna write up a Defender, Striker, and Leader, and will be happy to take whichever one people prefer.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Nehem Sunsong

Picture:
    8395615373_8b8d93f20f_m.jpg

Personality, Quirks, and Mannerisms:
    Nehem is prone to bouts of depression when away from the sun for too long. He is meticulous about the maintenance of his equipment, spending long hours repairing and polishing the fine gold colored links of his chainmail.

He carries with him a small orb containing a bit of the divine spark from which he sprang.

He has the poise and grace one would expect of a priest of Pelor.

Nehem is kindly and optimistic, but merciless and cold when it comes to the vile undead. He's quick to laugh at a good joke and slow to anger. He knows that he has lived many lives, and that he proved himself worthy of Pelor's gifts in each.

Character Builder Summary:
    Nehem Sunsong, level 1
    Deva, Cleric (Warpriest)
    Domain: Sun Domain
    Birth - Blessed (+2 to Religion)
    Theme: Ordained Priest

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 14, WIS 18, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 12, WIS 16, CHA 10

AC: 18 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 15
    HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +7, Heal +9, History +9, Religion +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics –3, Athletics –3, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +0, Insight +4, Intimidate +0, Nature +4, Perception +4, Stealth –3, Streetwise +0, Thievery –3

POWERS
    Ordained Priest Attack: Shining Symbol
    Deva Racial Power: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
    Cleric Attack: Smite Undead
    Cleric Utility: Healing Word
    Cleric Utility 1: Soothing Light
    Cleric Attack 1: Blessing of Battle
    Cleric Attack 1: Brand of the Sun
    Cleric Attack 1: Sun's Glow
    Cleric Attack 1: Sun Burst
    Cleric Attack 1: Levy of Judgment

FEATS
    Level 1: Devout Protector Expertise
    Level 1: Battle Intuition

ITEMS
    Chainmail x1
    Adventurer's Kit
    Mace x1
    Heavy Shield x1
    Sun Globe
    ====== End ======

Questions:
    If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize? A caring society that takes care to shepherd the gifts and knowledge the gods have bestowed.

What would you exhume from your world? Undeath and it's source, Necromancy.

What values would you stand for? Life, mercy, and empathy.

Experience:
    I'm currently involved in Grog's Dragon Slayers 4e pbp and Denada's 5e pbp. I can post multiple times a day usually if needed. I've run and played in multiple tabletop games of 4e as well as many other systems.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Oh snap I only get two submissions! I'll do Leader & Striker, then.

• Options
    Deva that hates undead in a party with a revenant and a vampire

decided

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I'm in the process of finishing up a striker submission. Can you tell us approximately where, on your map, the game will start? I think my concept works better as an Aronian than a Luminous and I'd rather be more or less local.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I'd done all the work on the concept and character and when I came back I noticed the undead submissions. I figured hell, I like him and if he gets chosen along with an undead that will present a fun RP opportunity.

• Options
    @CesareB it will probably start around the city states in the southwest, although that is subject to change. Also I refer you back to the statement earlier that Aronians will not be introduced immediately, but after a game day or two. I will work with each aronian character picked as to when to work them into the story as quickly and naturally as possible.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Sorry, missed that. Busy week.

If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize? What would you exhume from your world? What values would you stand for?

Justice, deceit and truth. Davandra is someone who had her past stolen from her, and lives a shadow of a life. No one who values the truth would do something like that to someone, even if she feels compelled to worship her recreator.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Updated list:

Controller:

Henri Felwynne, Elf Druid - Leper

Leader:

Patrin Darkscale, Dragonborn Bard - webguy20
    Davandra, Revenant Ardent - schuss
    Nehem Sunsong, Deva Warpriest - Nealneal
    Rahger Stoneforger, Dwarf Warpriest - Slayer of Dreams

Defender:

Kriv, Dragonborn Paladin - DevoutlyApathetic
    Wandering Iron, Warforged Paladin - Aegis

Striker:

Urlonn Onceborn, Half-Orc Warlock - Grog
    Cassius Constantine, Human Vampire - Slayer of Dreams
    Mikhail Ristain, Human Ranger - CesareB

Keep 'em coming!

Farangu on
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Second submission!

Rahger Stoneforger

Enter the blacksmith? (Click to enter!)
    You step inside and are hit with a wave of incredible heat, causing you to start sweating almost immediately. After the initial blast, you realize you hear a bell ringing above your head and then hear a loud, metallic bang from somewhere in the building. After a few moments of getting used to the temperature change, you look around and see a huge sheet of shaped silver covering the entire far wall of the room you're standing in. As you stare at it, different scenes make themselves apparent to your scrutinizing gaze, and you think that you are looking at someone's life etched into the metal.

The silver wall shows first a life-size trio of dwarves, two older and one younger standing outside of a smithy that looks eerily similar to the one you just walked into. Then as you look farther down the wall, you see only two dwarves, one looks to be incredibly old now and one still in the prime of his life. This scene depicts the dwarves working over an anvil, the younger with a hammer poised to begin forming the metal block, and the elder with his arms crossed over his chest and a look of pride on his face. The artist captured the facial features of the elder with stunning clarity as you lean closer to examine the work.

"Aye, be there in a seh-cond, hold yer horses!" a voice booms from beyond a closed door at the back of the room. There's a few more metallic bangs and then a splash followed by the hiss of water flashing into steam.

About half way down the wall you stop and examine a scene that depicts the two dwarves in what looks to be a larger gathering hall, surrounded by other dwarves of various ages. The other dwarves aren't as detailed, showing that they aren't the focus of the scene. The younger dwarf is kneeling before the older, a large warhammer held out before him as if he is gifting it to the older. The older has priestly robes on with the symbol of Moradin embroidered in various places. You reach out and trace your fingers over the symbols and it feels as if the cloth and stitches are really there, not just silver.

Another scene depicts both of the dwarves in similar priestly robes with their arms uplifted and mouths open as if saying something. Their eyes are closed and others are kneeling before them. You think it is some sort of religious ceremony, as the others have their heads bowed and eyes closed.

You continue to examine the wall, moving to one of the later scenes and see just an older dwarf now, and you recognize the dwarf as the young one from the first scenes. He stands in front of his shop with his arms crossed over his barrel-sized chest, muscles bulging through the blacksmith's apron and leather gauntlets, showing the dwarf's well earned strength from his craft. What stands out most, however, is the huge symbol of Moradin that stands beside the dwarf. That, in itself, isn't that unusual, as most dwarves at least pay their respects to the World Forger, as they name him. What is unusual, is that the symbol is solid gold, standing out brilliantly from the silver of the rest of the mural.

You suddenly grasp the fact that the symbol must have been standing outside with the dwarf when this scene took place, and then worked into the wall itself. The level of dedication staggers you when you consider that this wall was most likely carved over the lifetime of this dwarf, different moments in time that were important to him. Who is now standing and staring at you with a half smoked cigar trailing a cloud of smoke up into the air.

"Whatcha need then?" the dwarf asks when you finally look at him. He lifts his goggles up to his forhead and you notice that one eye is completely white, blinded and useless, with that side of his face scarred around the socket to leave no guessing as to what happened. His beard is neatly trimmed and cropped into golden caps to keep it out of his way while working. The top of his head is completely bald with a pair of scars running the length from his brow on back to his hairline.

You immediately recognize him as the dwarf in the final scene, aged just a tad bit older, and a little more tired, than depicted.

kScppef.jpg

If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize?
    "Family. Without a family, wha's the point o' livin'?"

What would you exhume from your world?
    "Orcs. An' goblins. 'cept Bob down the street, Bob's a decent orc. 'elped me move mah door when I got it rahpaired las' week."

What values would you stand for?
    "Makin'. Or creatin', if ya like that word bettah. All comes ta the same thing."

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    husker.JPG

(Orokos Sheet)

Mikhail had been naïve, once. Innocent to the ways of the world. He knew, he just knew, that great things, great adventures, were his destiny, if only he could escape his provincial town. And then, one day, the recruiters showed up with their sly grins and their heavy coinpurses. “Join the merchant marine,” they said. “See the world.” Pah.

Oh sure, there has been some excitement. The goblin pirate raid. The game of blind man’s bluff where he had gained and lost more money than he’d earn in a year. The cute barmaid who turned out to be a thieving doppelganger named Alphonse. But it all pales in comparison to the drudgery of daily life, or to the terror of the sea when it’s angry. Some days he imagines going back to his village, maybe setting up a little shop, finding a nice solid woman, living the life his parents imagined for him.

But still, the little boy in him imagines greater things. And until his heart stops skipping a beat each time he first pulls into a new port, he’ll put up with whatever the sea brings him.

He wouldn’t want that kind of responsibility. He’d want to pursue his own happiness, and let society work itself out.
    The world would be a better place if people weren’t imprisoned by poverty, rigid social structures, and the like.
    Freedom. Self-reliance. Self-fulfillment.
    Mikhail Ristain, level 1
    Human, Ranger
    Build: Marauder Ranger
    Fighting Style Option: Marauder Fighting Style
    Ranger Option: Prime Shot
    Human Power Selection Option: Bonus At-Will Power
    Occupation - Mariner (+2 to Perception)
    Theme: Mariner

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 18, CON 12, DEX 16, INT 10, WIS 12, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 16, CON 12, DEX 16, INT 10, WIS 12, CHA 8

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Ref: 16 Will: 12
    HP: 24 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +7, Athletics +8, Endurance +5, Nature +6, Perception +8, Stealth +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +0, Bluff –1, Diplomacy –1, Dungeoneering +1, Heal +1, History +0, Insight +1, Intimidate –1, Religion +0, Streetwise –1, Thievery +2

POWERS
    Hunter's Quarry Power: Hunter's Quarry
    Ranger Attack 1: Marauder's Rush
    Ranger Attack 1: Twin Strike
    Ranger Attack 1: Throw and Stab
    Ranger Attack 1: Hurling Charge
    Ranger Attack 1: Commanding Confrontation

FEATS
    Two-Weapon Defense
    Level 1: Axe Expertise
    Level 1: Two-Weapon Fighting
    Level 1: Manticore's Fury

ITEMS
    Battleaxe x1
    Handaxe x7
    Hide Armor x1
    Adventurer's Kit
    Restful Bedroll
    ====== End ======

As for my availability, I'm on pretty much everyday. This would be my first PbP, though I've played a decent amount of D&D over the last 10 years or so. I'm also involved in Phalla here on the forums, so I'll definitely be around.

*Edited for image/availability/experience/orokos link.

CesareB on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Character #2-

Esteru Clovenhoof - Minotaur, Barbarian

989_max.jpg

Character Builder (Orokos Sheet)
    Esteru Clovenhoof, level 1
    Minotaur, Barbarian
    Build: Rageblood Barbarian
    Feral Might Option: Rageblood Vigor
    Isolated (+2 to Endurance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 18, CON 14, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 12

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 16, CON 12, DEX 16, INT 8, WIS 10, CHA 12

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Ref: 14 Will: 11
    HP: 29 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Athletics +8, Endurance +8, Perception +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +2, Arcana –1, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +0, Heal +0, History –1, Insight +0, Intimidate +1, Nature +2, Religion –1, Stealth +2, Streetwise +1, Thievery +2

POWERS
    Minotaur Racial Power: Goring Charge
    Barbarian Feature: Swift Charge
    Barbarian Attack 1: Howling Strike
    Barbarian Attack 1: Pressing Strike
    Barbarian Attack 1: Resurgent Strike
    Barbarian Attack 1: Swift Panther Rage

FEATS
    Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Execution axe)
    Level 1: Reckless Charge

ITEMS
    Execution axe x1
    Hide Armor x1
    Adventurer's Kit
    Restful Bedroll
    ====== End ======

Motivations
    Esteru is motivated by the desire to find what he considers a cure for his species great struggle with the beast within. The isolated tribe that he was a part of felt that the best way to to balance themselves was an applied focus of the anger that permeates them. While this lets them be psychologically stable it does not let them grow as a culture and as a species, and Esteru wants to free his people from those bonds.

Mannerisms
    Soft but well spoken when in control of himself, Esteru is one not for wasted movements or extra words. Speaking only when necessary for the most part he exudes a quiet confidence in himself. This changes though when he enters a rage. Flying into battle with a roar and charging towards the closest enemy, horns down and his executioners axe already following through for the killing blow. As he fells his enemies like timber he takes just enough time to re-orient himself for the next charge.

Quirks
    Esteru feels a general disdain for what other creatures call anger or rage. These other beings only experience a mere embers worth of the emotional bonfire that flows through himself. When he hears of atrocities committed by lesser beings under the guise of anger or rage he can only feel contempt, knowing that if he can control the great currents of his emotions, no one else has any excuses.

Questions
    Control. Control over emotions and the situations that lead from them. A great society is in control of itself, and a society that is in control of itself is greater than any other out there.

The cause of the emotions and impulses that flow through all minotuars, making every one struggle to maintain the self, and not succumb to the animal within.

Honor, commitment and dedication. All valuable tools to be in control of oneself and ones environment.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Added another submission to my first post, an elf psion.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'd just like to say that if that minotaur does not speak in a spanish accent, I will be very disappointed with my mental picture of Minotaur Zorro.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Ivy Starleaf - Pixie Sorcerer
    Ivy_Sorcerer_zpsf9db4b0a.jpg
    (image: inks by illustrious bits, colours by dalexisstpierre, frame by WotC, screwups by me)
    Ivy on Orokos
    Ivy Starleaf, level 1
    Pixie, Sorcerer
    Spell Source: Storm Magic
    Background: Occupation - Scholar, Arcane Tracker, Geography - Mountains, Civic Reformer, Curious Archeologist, Recent Life - Explorer of the Ancient (+2 to Arcana)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 8, Con 15, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 8, Con 15, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 16.

AC: 13 Fort: 12 Reflex: 13 Will: 16
    HP: 27 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +7, Endurance +7, Bluff +9, Nature +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +3, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering, Heal, History, Insight, Intimidate +4, Perception, Religion, Stealth +5, Streetwise +4, Thievery +3, Athletics -1

FEATS
    Level 1: Superior Implement Training (Lancing dagger)

POWERS
    Sorcerer at-will 1: Energy Strobe
    Sorcerer at-will 1: Lightning Strike
    Sorcerer encounter 1: Whirlwind
    Sorcerer daily 1: Howling Tempest

ITEMS
    Adventurer's Kit, Lancing dagger, Sun Globe (heroic tier)
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Motivation:
    Ivy started out as an apprentice to a wizard in her home village, a sort-of-hidden valley in the mountains south of the city-state of Verana, but quickly became frustrated with the need for reams of book learning and notes. In an attempt to relieve herself of this need, she started searching her master's library for ways to learn faster or eliminate the need for learning completely.
    Ivy's formal apprenticeship ended when her ritual circle was struck by lightning during an ill-advised attempt to "unlock the knowledge within" based on a worn old scroll that turned out to be a counter-ritual to a Memory Seal. What happened next was most unexpected, not least because Ivy wasn't harmed physically in the slightest; mentally and magically, however... Ivy's master remains at a loss as to how it happened, but what is known is that most every memory of the spells and rituals she had learned as a wizard were erased from her conscious memory, yet she remains able to cast several of them, seemingly without effort or preparation. Not all of them however, at least not yet; it seems that her spells are still in her head somewhere, but they now only emerge at need rather than at will and she 'relearns' new/old ones only as she becomes more experienced. Her personal memory was similarly 'locked away' as well, leaving what she describes as 'holes' in her memories of past events.
    Taken together these alterations have skewed her personality towards an obsessive search for knowledge but this is fundamentally based on her desire to learn her spells quickly, so naturally Ivy's obsession drives her toward artefacts that claim to impart knowledge to the wielder rather than dusty old tomes. Her greatest goal is the fabled Sceptre of Corellon; an artefact rumoured to possess the ability to impart great knowledge with a single wave.

Quirks:
    Ivy is flighty and prone to distraction, as one would expect from a fey creature, particularly a Pixie, but is curiously focussed on her overall goal: Find the Sceptre of Corellon and use it to create some way of teaching people everything they need to know, and anything they want to know, quickly and easily. Of course, within that overall theme she still manages to find room to switch topics several times a sentence, covering anything from which direction to go next, through complaining about the weather on the way, to discussing whether it would be ethical to exercise control over that weather if making it nice here inevitably made it worse somewhere else. Her magic follows this 'pattern' also, typically riffing on the theme of storms with occasional tangents into flood, fire and frost.

Mannerisms:
    Not as garrulous as the stereotypical pixie, Ivy is still occasionally difficult to shut up once she gets going on a topic or three, not that talking ever got in the way of her doing something else she wanted to do. In combat though, she does at least seem to go quiet; unless you paid attention to her lips moving, you'd never know she was talking to her dagger even as it spits lightning and summons storms.
    Physically, Ivy is at the upper end of average height for a pixie, at all of eight inches, and uses this as an excuse to duck under human-sized doorways and sit on anything that remains motionless long enough, claiming that if she didn't sit or duck she'd bang her head on the ceiling. How this reasoning continues to apply to vaulted cathedrals and the open sky is probably a mystery best left unsolved.

Questions:
    Knowledge and learning; everyone should be able to know any and every thing they need/want to. As quickly as possible, naturally.

Ignorance and secrecy; collectively the deliberate withholding of knowledge, either from oneself or from others.

Truth, curiosity and discovery. The Unknown should be seen as a challenge set forth by the universe, not an inviolable boundary.

Availability and such:
    On London time but otherwise able to post whenever; weekends included. Not presently in any PbPs at all and haven't played 4e much since a couple months after Essentials came out (not due to Essentials specifically, that's just when it Aegeri's computer imploded).

tl;dr:
    Pixie hit by lightning wants to create Magical Internet with slight overtones of Hive Mind. Information wants to be free!

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Getting bogged down creating a character. Still interested, will post something shortly :P

• Options
    Updated list:

Controller:

Henri Felwynne, Elf Druid - Leper
    Omin Tesserin, Elf Psion - Grog

Leader:

Patrin Darkscale, Dragonborn Bard - webguy20
    Davandra, Revenant Ardent - schuss
    Nehem Sunsong, Deva Warpriest - Nealneal
    Rahger Stoneforger, Dwarf Warpriest - Slayer of Dreams

Defender:

Kriv, Dragonborn Paladin - DevoutlyApathetic
    Wandering Iron, Warforged Paladin - Aegis

Striker:

Urlonn Onceborn, Half-Orc Warlock - Grog
    Cassius Constantine, Human Vampire - Slayer of Dreams
    Mikhail Ristain, Human Ranger - CesareB
    Esteru Clovenhoof, Minotaur Barbarian - webguy20
    Ivy Starleaf, Pixie Sorcerer - Mr_Rose

Keep 'em coming!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I had intended to mention that the reason I did not give Kriv a second name was because he would have forsworn it's use when he took knightly vows.

Wouldn't want you to think I wasn't following your guidelines.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    imafrogimafrog Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Post is finally up

Name: Khalid Kashali
    Race: Vryloka
    Alignment: Unaligned
    Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
    Background: Son of Alagondar

CB Summary
    Coming Soon!

IkeKunr.png

History
    Khalid is the scion of the once powerful noble Kashali family of the Tianese City-States. He sat in the lap of luxury until an over-zealous cleric charged to rid "evil" from the world uncovered a secret long hidden: that his family carried the blood of vampires. They weren't vampires, they didn't go around murdering innocents and had lived peacefully among the people for generations, but that history did little to stem the witch-hunt that followed. Khalid survived the purge, but his life from then on was flipped, turned upside down…..

His family's blacklisting forced Khalid towards the fringes of society. Constantly on the run Khalid learned to survive in the underworld of the city states he visited. Even amongst the dregs of society he found that his unique dark red hair and pale skin were enough to arouse suspicion. So he dyed his hair black and learned to hide all traces of his ancestry. His magical talent and underworld connections led him to become a warlock and in the years since he has continued wandering offering his services for hire, while always looking over his shoulder.

Motivations
    Freedom and acceptance drive Khalid. The freedom to live his life on his own terms without the constant need to withhold his trust, to keep others at arms length for fear that they will learn his true nature and turn against him. He wants to prove that a man should be judged by his actions and not some label. This can sometimes put him in quite the predicament when is real world activities run afoul of what most would consider honorable pastimes, but he justifies them as necessary to survive and blames the rest of society for forcing him into the situation to begin with.

Mannerisms
    Despite his suffered history Khalid is quite the amicable fellow. He enjoys the company of others and is usually ready with a joke and an laugh. He is always quick to start up a game of cards or dice as he finds them a wonderful icebreaker, though his shifty hands have lead to trouble on more than one occasion. When trouble does come Khalid is quite capable of handling himself. He combines the skills and panache of an underworld duelist with arcane trickery to launch devastating strikes when his enemies least expect them. If things get too dicey he has no issue with stepping back into the darkness and slipping away into the night.

Quirks
    Khalid is a bit obsessive when it comes to grooming. Every day he uses a special kit to treat his hair and goatee with a special black dye and makes sure to keep everything perfectly trimmed. He is slow to trust and also has a ingrained tendency to lie, even when its not really necessary to hide his past making it hard to truly get to know him. Otherwise he has a mostly relaxed attitude and often seems much less suspicious of everyone around than he ought to be given his experience.

Answer me these questions three
    Self-determination, independent thought. Khalid saw his family destroyed all because of some long forgotten bloodline and the power of a zealot to convince people of an imagined 'evil'. An atrocity committed in ignorance is no less destructive than one committed with malice.

Fear. Ignorance. People fear what they do not understand and it is a simple leap from fear to hatred, from hatred to violence.

Equality, empathy, investigation. Let no man be beyond the reproach of his peers and let no man be judged before he is understood.

Availability: Should be able to post short replies throughout the day. Longer posts in early morning or evening. No other PBPs currently active, but have done a few in the past. Lots of experience with 4e.

imafrog on
    And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yay computers! (repost)

imafrog on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    accidental riposte....get it riposte instead of repost?......yargh

imafrog on
  • Options
    You really want in, don't you?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You really want in, don't you?

I petition his nickname to be "The Count".

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    That is just too excellent. It can even be working into catch phrases and everything!

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Woah, two submissions only pal.

• Options
    sorry about that, there were some issues trying to post.....my apologies for the incompetance

• Options
    That is just too excellent. It can even be working into catch phrases and everything!

Count on it.

• Options
    imafrog wrote: »

Count on it.

Exactly!

• Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Sharry Manthunder, Half-Orc Assassin

jrKkWx5.jpg?1

Character Description
    First and foremost, don't call him Sharry! Even when pressed, he will maintain that his only given name is Manthunder. He was given away to the assassin's guild at a young age, and grew up under their strict rules and training, this instilled him with a great distaste for authority. Upon completing his training, Manthunder abandoned the assassin's guild to seek out a more freewheeling lifestyle. Manthunder works mainly as a bounty hunter but is not above taking mercenery work when the pay is right. He is not a particularly moral individual but he is by no means an evil man. More than anything, Manthunder is materialistic. He is also a compulsive gambler, which results in a lot of travel between kingdoms to escape gambling debts, and some shady work to pay them off. In his off time you will always find Manthunder at the nearest gaming table, and when one isn't available he will turn even the most mundane activities into a betting game. In battle he constantly chides his enemies with taunts and jokes.

-If you had the chance to shape your own society, what would you emphasize?
    Fun. My perfect world would be one without cares, every day would be a new adventure with no worries.
    -What would you exhume from your world?
    Oppression. Especially the oppression of the common citizen by the upper class.
    Freedom, the freedom to pursue any path in life one desires.

CB Summary
    Sharry Manthunder, level 1
    Half-Orc, Assassin
    Guild Training Option: Bleak Disciple
    Occupation - Bounty Hunter (+2 to Perception)
    Theme: Mercenary

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 16, DEX 19, INT 10, WIS 13, CHA 10

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 14, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 13, CHA 10

AC: 16 Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 12
    HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +9, Endurance +10, Perception +9, Stealth +9, Thievery +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +0, Athletics +0, Bluff +0, Diplomacy +0, Dungeoneering +1, Heal +1, History +0, Insight +1, Intimidate +2, Nature +1, Religion +0, Streetwise +0

POWERS
    Mercenary Attack: Takedown Strike
    Half-Orc Racial Power: Furious Assault
    Assassin Feature: Assassin's Shroud
    Assassin Feature: Shade Form
    Assassin Feature: Shadow Step
    Assassin Attack 1: Executioner's Noose
    Assassin Attack 1: Shadow Storm
    Assassin Attack 1: Gloom Thief
    Assassin Attack 1: Grave Spike

FEATS
    Level 1: Melee Training (Dexterity)

ITEMS
    Greatsword x1
    Leather Armor x1
    Adventurer's Kit
    Hand crossbow
    Crossbow Bolt
    Headband of Perception (heroic tier) x1
    ====== End ======

I have never done a pbp, and I just recently started playing D&D at all, but I think I have a fairly good grasp on the combat system. I can't forsee myself having any trouble posting at least once a day, probably more when I'm not busy.

Nabob on
    3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    We now have one week to go for recruitment. A hearty "Thank you" to those that have submitted already for your interest, a subtle prod to those that haven't made a character yet.

• Options
    For those looking for character images here is an archive I discovered a while back that has almost a 1000 images that are as diverse as they are useful.

Character Image Archive

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Farangu wrote: »
    We now have one week to go for recruitment. A hearty "Thank you" to those that have submitted already for your interest, a subtle prod to those that haven't made a character yet.

Working on it!

Actually, you've got a ton of great submissions here. I don't want to get greedy/overextend myself, so I'm going to step back. Have fun, though.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I can't find the inspiration to submit a character right now, although I do like playing in Farangu's games. I just wanted to pop in and say that you should totally pick @aegis based soley on his stellar choice of character portrait! That is a fantastic pic!

• Options
    Can't find the inspiration? Booooooourns.

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I haven't given up yet, just having a hard time not wiping a character and starting over....again, and again and again.