As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The People are Represented by Two Separate yet Equally Important [Chat]s

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Arse. I've accidentally ballsed up my phone by installing the wrong version of google apps.
    reflash, get right version. Most rom makers include the proper version in their thread.

The problem is getting the right version onto my phone. I'm not getting the prompt for mass storage mode when I connect a usb cable.

I have now got the web browser open on it though (there must be a default gesture, as I can't access any apps or anything) and I'm downloading it. Hopefully I can navigate to my downloads directory from the recovery screen.

yeah, you should be able to flash gapps from recovery too

if it's CWM you're using, you should just be able to flash it the same as you would flash a rom (go to the zip and select it from the flash screen)

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Arse. I've accidentally ballsed up my phone by installing the wrong version of google apps.
    reflash, get right version. Most rom makers include the proper version in their thread.

The problem is getting the right version onto my phone. I'm not getting the prompt for mass storage mode when I connect a usb cable.

I have now got the web browser open on it though (there must be a default gesture, as I can't access any apps or anything) and I'm downloading it. Hopefully I can navigate to my downloads directory from the recovery screen.

yeah, you should be able to flash gapps from recovery too

if it's CWM you're using, you should just be able to flash it the same as you would flash a rom (go to the zip and select it from the flash screen)

Yep. I'm back.

It cost me my data as I didn't do a backup (Cyanogen prompted me for an update, which worked but sodded up the gapps and then I foolishly put on the wrong version)./

So a minor loss, but I still have a phone. Such are the adventures of custom roms for the slow gentleman.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Fucking hell its 11:15 already! Where has my morning gone?

Casual on
    at the very least, it's basically impossible to permanently brick your phone so long as you're not messing around in the bootloader

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    at the very least, it's basically impossible to permanently brick your phone so long as you're not messing around in the bootloader

Challenge accepted

our CMS has stopped sending out emails. It's due an upgrade, but term just started so we can't take it down. I've to hack my way through some php code to take out the mentions of "you'll get an email for x, y and z" throughout the place

php is fucking ugly

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    good day!

ftOqU21.png

Challenge accepted

Accidentally sent my phone into a bootloop the second time I tried to flash it... that was pretty awful.

oh neat, 4.2.1 AOSP for the galaxy s2

I'll be having some of that

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hi [chat].

Did any of you fine gentlemen/women play Darksiders 2? I'm trying to enjoy it, but it's just annoying me with it's clunky dodge mechanism (just finished Arkham City, so I'm spoiled)

Destroying your phone by tampering with the software and not physically is the nerdiest thing I can think of.

ftOqU21.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Greetings, organics!

php is fucking ugly

PHP is a programming language designed by someone who overheard a description of programming on the subway once.

Abdhyius wrote: »
    Destroying your phone by tampering with the software and not physically is the nerdiest thing I can think of.

Cyanogenmod can make your phone a hell of a lot smoother and have a significantly better battery life. I'm kinda ok with that.

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I have a couple of friends who insist on jailbreaking/cracking/hacking every device they own, from phones to PSPs.

And they regularly brick them.

I like them, they're nice people, but this does not make me respect their smarts.

I figure I could take a bear.
    Geth, status report.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Nothing to report.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2013
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hi [chat].

Did any of you fine gentlemen/women play Darksiders 2? I'm trying to enjoy it, but it's just annoying me with it's clunky dodge mechanism (just finished Arkham City, so I'm spoiled)

It's not the dodge so much as the endless series of collection quests to progress that eventually bored me. You have a bunch of combos you can use for combat, but you essentially only need one, and dodge. The game is over 40 hours long and the whole plot progressions is go fetch me these three things and I will let you into the castle to fetch four more things you have to take to him over there who will give you access to a mirror world in which you must kill five things each of which requires you to collect four things before you can face those five things and wait no come back the fate of the world is at stake.

Bogart on
    For all those combos you can buy in Darksiders, button-mashing serves you just as well.

Cyanogenmod can make your phone a hell of a lot smoother and have a significantly better battery life. I'm kinda ok with that.

nerrrrrrrrrd

ftOqU21.png
    poshniallo wrote: »
    I have a couple of friends who insist on jailbreaking/cracking/hacking every device they own, from phones to PSPs.

And they regularly brick them.

I like them, they're nice people, but this does not make me respect their smarts.

I did that to my PSP.

I think a later official firmware update also let you install your UMDs rendering all my hardwork futile.

Bogart wrote: »
    Hi [chat].

It's not the dodge so much as the endless series of collection quests to progress that eventually bored me. You have a bunch of combos you can use for combat, but you essentially only need one, and dodge. The game is over 40 hours long and the whole plot progressions is go fetch me these three things and I will let you into the castle to fetch four more things you have to take to him over there who will give you access to a mirror world in which you must kill five things each of which requires you to collect four things before you can face those five things and wait no come back the fate of the world is at stake.

That might explain why I was bored... dang and I like DS1 a lot.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hi [chat].

I liked Yahtzee's description: It's not just padded, it's fractally padded.

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    good morning. I am unsure what to do today...

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Put a bird on it.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

The nerdiest thing I can think of is getting a tattoo of Mario bricking a phone and then Simon claiming you ad his headmate

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    In the news this morning:

zntKnFmRZBLGSB3LWIXTKg-WnXm2cNW2O8afGrZvTyPg.jpg

A dumper with driver tumbled down here into the sea. The search for driver and vehicle has resumed now that the police has gotten a mini sub in place.

Danmarksplassbyluft.jpg?updated=210120132231

The amount of air pollution over Denmark square (pictured, it is where I live now) is in the red again. Yay. Leaving the house probably shortened my lifetime by, I dunno, a decade.

9FMxaxjkbi1Oek7Hgv_PRAcWoXwR0IfI0MhzdJsEfOlg.jpg

Whales!

ftOqU21.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

Put a bird on it.

the bird has ensured me that he is on it.

fun stuff?

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    ITV referring to Harry as a warrior-prince last night was incredibly pitiful. Have some respect for yourself, ITV News.

You guys should be proud you have a royal who is attractive and an actual soldier and shit who flies attack helicopters.

I don't think the American political caste has allowed one of it's children to be in harms way of our various wars for 50 years or so.

oLGPuhwrBFjnqEM_b2btiQaKtF8SBswo8Cee1jJjI_wg.jpg
    B_UAVof6lIWXi7SrdbdVPQaSmAN457FSSw2IWFqsbkqA.jpg

ftOqU21.png
    hah! warrior-prince!
    Well, that's what he is now, isn't it?

How hard would it be for him to be referred to as that from now on, sort of like the black prince

ftOqU21.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Oooh, look at me, I'm Milhouse. I tuck me shirt into me underpants. I confide in Willy.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    hah! warrior-prince!

How hard would it be for him to be referred to as that from now on, sort of like the black prince

What?

Hi [chat].

I liked Yahtzee's description: It's not just padded, it's fractally padded.

Just watched that... I'm afraid I'll have to agree with him. That is something that does not happen often.

Well, thankfully I still have Witcher 2 for a second playthrough, Dishonored and Torchlight 2 to play with.

Actually the whale stuff was interesting: the herring schools have gone into Andsfjorden, so the whales have followed. With them being that close to people it's the best time to go whale seeing.

Also a problem with them coming that far in is that apparently one whale was spotted tangled in the rope of a buoy connected to a pot trap. Search for that whale continues.

ftOqU21.png
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    oLGPuhwrBFjnqEM_b2btiQaKtF8SBswo8Cee1jJjI_wg.jpg

"Ramming speed!"

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    hah! warrior-prince!

What?

I think "The Warrior Prince" should be his moniker from now on, like the Black Prince. What's not to get?

ftOqU21.png
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    71814_10101217950339674_1203065222_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.