As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Train Alliance 2013 - the Pre-Thread Thread

13»

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    @Zerzhul and/or @Moe Fwacky (if you're here) - I'd like to formally request a review of the Sonic Line and its feeders (Metroid and Star Fox). I don't want to exclude anyone, but if we have 100+ people boarding between DC and Philly, and 1 or 2 on the tributary lines, it might be in the group's best interest to move to an earlier train for 2014 so we can all arrive in time for the PrePAX dinner and/or full Pokecrawl.

Thoughts?

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not sure what you mean by request a review. Nobody has done the legwork this year of checking those trains out. In the past, certain trains were selected as the "named" trains based on the hookups, but that doesn't preclude someone from selecting a different train and meeting up with other folks on that train.

• Options
    the_fuzzy_penguinthe_fuzzy_penguin OhioRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear line for myself and three others. Boarding in Cleveland, OH at 5:30am on Thursday (after a 2+ hour drive to the station). Not happy with the time, but Cutthroat Caverns, Dominion, Munchkin, Munchkin Zombies, MtG, Cards Against Humanity, and other games should help with that!

I didn't see anybody note it yet, but if you haven't gotten your tickets yet and are leaving Thursday prices have gone up (at least for Ohio). Every day but Thursday is the normal rate, but Thursday is showing $100 instead of the $64 the other days are.

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean by request a review. Nobody has done the legwork this year of checking those trains out. In the past, certain trains were selected as the "named" trains based on the hookups, but that doesn't preclude someone from selecting a different train and meeting up with other folks on that train.

"Requesting a formal review" might sound a bit pretentious or whatever. I just meant to ask whoever has been collecting the data to see what type of participation we get from people on the Metroid and Star Fox lines - I don't want to cut people out.

I guess this year one of the problems might be that no one has had time to formally organize the train lines and track who's doing what.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm not sure if anyone has actively collected data from year to year. I think the purpose of the named trains was to have a system set up where coast to coast was handled by one set of interconnecting trains so no matter where you were coming from, you would eventually hook up with some pax people. I think they're probably still pretty solid, and that them staying the way they are shouldn't preclude there from being a contingency of people that are a little closer to Boston taking earlier trains and trying to meet up. Maybe a Knuckles line could be the one that runs before the sonic line ;)

• Options
    PitBull008PitBull008 Registered User regular
    I appreciate you reiterating your previous responses. I didn't see those replies. I did see where you said you almost got thrown out for playing CAH (or someone almost did) which makes me raugh a bit just didn't know if that was playing in seating or at an actual table. You can count that we'll be on the 176 :D (probably wearing our ravens jerseys, haha)

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    From the last available data in each of Moe's threads:
    2010: 15 on Emerald (Star Fox), 3 on Orange (Metroid)
    2011: 9 on Star Fox, 5 on Metroid
    2012: 3 on Star Fox, 0 on Metroid

• Options
    Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    I've got 4 people going on Metal Gear line from Toledo!

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Ive been skimming thread and have a question. Id be leaving from NYC with the GF, if we want to meet up with Forumers on train which should we bokk and what time would arrival be as we want to make it in time for hotel check in and pub crawl.

EDIT: Found schedule, getting to Boston at 8pm kills it for me :(.

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Just a note from recent travel, my last 3 trips the "Northeast Corridor" lines have been running 30 minutes to multiple hours late. Keep that in mind when scheduling.

• Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    EDIT: Deleted my own post. I had pointed out a fare sale at Amtrak but, upon closer review, it appears that Boston wasn't included in the deal. Sorry!

randy_wrecked on
    Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    GhostDan wrote: »
    Just a note from recent travel, my last 3 trips the "Northeast Corridor" lines have been running 30 minutes to multiple hours late. Keep that in mind when scheduling.

Yes, this is why unfortunately we won't be on the party train. I take the earlier train so we don't end up getting into Boston wicked late.