As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] I have been granted Emergency Powers. [Mark Spoilers]

• DarcsteelDarcsteel Wildcard NC United StatesRegistered User regular
    So has there been any leaks as to potential skill changes or additions to classes. Also aside from getting Makeb has anyone seen anything else of what may be coming in the expansion (everytime I look all i get is about the SGR inclusions) like hopefully mabye a new race or two

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    They havent actually started working on the expansion yet.
    Okay, I dont actually know that, but it wouldnt exactly surprise me.

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    I'm amazed at how the Cathar are not playable yet, they got them in game in clothing, it's pretty much human really.

People love their cat characters, I'm sure it'll only be five bucks to play them too.

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    It's also amazing that we haven't seen Cathar yet since they were announced back at E3.

Eight months ago.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    I really hope theyre taking so long in order to make it easier to add other species because I couldnt care less about cat people but really would like to roll a Nautolan, but Id settle for a Togruta. Or a Voss, if only for the eyes.

edited January 2013
    Bioware's already said Togruta's probably not going to happen any time soon, if ever, mostly due to lack of depth of character customization coupled with Lekku Issues.

I imagine Nautolan's the same kind of deal.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    Welp, that probably means Nautolans are out too then. Kinda leaves me wondering which races theyre going to add then, maybe theyll just stop with Cathar.

When it comes to the game I really don't expect much anymore, just little touches here and there, an improvement or two while most things will be under the whole microtransactions to make as much money as they can so the game isn't a complete write off for EA.

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    So...are the servers borked for anyone else some? If not getting odd or bad MS rates?

Shadowlands was having some trouble last night. I loaded into alderaan with my imperial and sat at a black screen with just the white general text showing up for a few minutes. Was going to hop around characters and work on crafting, but loading into my smuggler took so long I just killed the game.

About the new post, @jdarksun has been setting up the original post. He had some issues with his threads when Vanilla decided it didn't like him.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I had a similar experience on Berenger, ran some dailies with my smuggler. Then switch over to my jedi to grind some levels since I was 2 levels below the boss I had to fight. Took forever to load, then gave me a black screen.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    What's up?

Page 100

help us jdarksun, you are our only hope

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Oh geeze. I'm slammed with meetings for a while, but I'll work on it when things calm down.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I'm amazed at how the Cathar are not playable yet, they got them in game in clothing, it's pretty much human really.

People love their cat characters, I'm sure it'll only be five bucks to play them too.

A change of clothes costs like fifteen dollars, what makes you think a highly sought-after new race will cost anything less?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    So, Bioware patched Taral V to make it mandatory to kill the final boss to complete the flashpoint.

Of course, they also bugged out the cutscene where Kilran bombards the base, so the door to the bunker never opens and it now traps you inside the foyer after the droid. Exiting area and trying to get back in via group finder port drops fails to bring you back into the instance, just gives you a loading screen and drops you right where you started.

A for effort, F for execution.

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular

A change of clothes costs like fifteen dollars, what makes you think a highly sought-after new race will cost anything less?

Speaking of which
    a) Anyone thinks they will ever offer a barber shop?
    b) If so, how much do you expect each visit will cost?

Same two questions for Plastic Surgery.

Speaking of which
    a) Anyone thinks they will ever offer a barber shop?
    b) If so, how much do you expect each visit will cost?

Same two questions for Plastic Surgery.

It seems like such a basic, simple thing that it's hard to believe the game is this old without having one.

Of course I could say the same about account-wide friends and ignore lists, so there you are.

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    TERA has cosmetic change for $10, gender and cosmetic for $15 and complete gender, race, and cosmetics for $25.

Aion added changes but I don't know how extensive or prices.

CoX had the tailor and other features that allowed multiple costumes on one body or even complete body changes stored as a costume slot.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    the cartel class xp boost, that only gives bonus for class specific missions, not planet or other quests? Seems rather narrow.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    There are multiple types of XP boosters. There's a generic one (with a pink icon) that applies to all XP earned, period.

ZvOMJnu.png
    Yah, I'm just say in comparison to space xp, flashpoint xp, warzone xp, which seem to cover a much wider range.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Exploration boost too.

And yeah that 25% boost for three hours on every darn thing.

I think the ones worth getting are the flashpoint ones (jesus christ you get a lot of xp) and the class one. Maybe the exploration one too. PvP one is kinda eh after a while, space one is probably good if you dont mind doing the same space missions over and over and over.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Oooh, a free training holostatue for everyone who preorders the expansion. Nice. I own one of each, and they are incredibly useful.

uyvfOQy.png
    I'm sure people who were about to sell the one they got in a cartel pack will be just delighted about this.

The price already fluctuated pretty wildly. I bought two for 4k, another for 100k, and now they're at 250k. I've never gotten anything i could sell in a pack, myself.

uyvfOQy.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So... How useful are those max stat cartel crystals for a level 10 dude?

Also, kinda sucks that you cant get rid of bound cartel items. Decided against the Rambo look for my vanguard and I couldn't sell the covert torso armor.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    I think it just unbinds if you wait two days? There should be a timer on it.

uyvfOQy.png
    I just checked out the 1.7 preview. I'll be chasing down the Tron-ish armor when that drops.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Preview video of RotHC ahoy! Good way to end the current thread I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmhn3qDQuIs

Nocren wrote: »

Also, kinda sucks that you cant get rid of bound cartel items. Decided against the Rambo look for my vanguard and I couldn't sell the covert torso armor.

It depends, +41 expertise is really good if you pvp a lot, the +41 end can be really good if youre melee. I was kinda eh about the power and crit ones since I think you hit the +power/crit cap kinda quickly.

How much of a difference does Expertise make around level 25?
    And will I need to keep grinding for PvP gear while leveling in order to stay competitive?

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    How much of a difference does Expertise make around level 25?
    And will I need to keep grinding for PvP gear while leveling in order to stay competitive?

Expertise makes a lot of difference below fifty, because no one except the people with cartel crystals has it.

You don't need to grind pvp gear before level 50, because you can't wear it before then. Though it's nice to have some comms stored up before you hit 50, but you have a limit to how many you're allowed to save at a time.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • sam16sam16 Registered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »

It depends, +41 expertise is really good if you pvp a lot, the +41 end can be really good if youre melee. I was kinda eh about the power and crit ones since I think you hit the +power/crit cap kinda quickly.

There's no cap on power, it's just a flat increase to your bonus damage. This is why power crystals are the most expensive ones on GTN.

So if you pre order the expansion you get three new items now, one is a title, one is a new pet and the third is the best item. You get a holo Hutt that you can use to train yourself like the empire and republic holo ones.

One trainer per account, or per character?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    If its like every other subscription bonus its per character (and you'll get them when you make new characters as well).

• EchildaEchilda Registered User regular
    Excpet the current holo trainer prices to plummet on the GTN, swiftly followed by it being available to buy outright with cartel points.

Do we know what they are re-patching tomorrow?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Do we know what they are re-patching tomorrow?

I'm guessing it's to fix Taral V after they broke it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
This discussion has been closed.