As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Third Annual pre-pre-PAX Gaming Tuesday Night Games & Booze - March 19th, J. J. Foleys

KhadourKhadour Dinosaur CupcakeHillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
edited February 2013 in PAX East
Like games? Like booze (or not - that's fine too)? Like congregating with your fellow nerds and playing games while consuming booze (or other non-booze beverage)? Over 21? Then do I have an event for YOU!

That's right - it's the third annual pre-pre-PAX East Tuesday night gaming gathering! We will once again be getting together at J. J. Foley's (21 Kingston St. location - there are 2 locations, so make sure you go to the Kingston St. one, or you'll be a sad panda) to play games, drink booze, socialize, and nom (just like we do EVERY MONTH in Boston!). I will be talking to the Foley's team to reserve the back room for us, so there should be plenty of room to game in. Start time is 6:30, but if you get there earlier, nobody will shoot you for it. Just go to the back room, look for your fellow gamers, and start playing something. If you don't see any of them, then grab a drink and wait - we'll be there soon enough. Bring games if you want - if not, others most certainly will, so there will be no shortage of things to play. There will also probably be some handheld gaming going on, so bring your 3DS/Vita/Whatever if you want to play. I'll be taking boardgame requests, and will try to bring the games that people want to play, so if there's anything you'd especially enjoy playing with your fellow PAXers, let me know below. Also, bring $$$ to purchase your drinks/food with, and perhaps some extra to donate to Child's Play.

Also, if you plan on attending, please post a reply, so we can get a rough headcount to give to the Foley'e team. Feel free to request games when you do.

TL;DR:
* Who: You and your closest PAX gaming friends, if you (and they) are over 21.
* Where: J.J. Foley's at 21 Kingston St.
* When: Tuesday, March 19th, 2013, 6:30PM
* What: Gaming. And drinking, if you're into that sort of thing.
* Why: Because we can. Oh, and it was a lot of fun the last few years. And every month.

Notes:
* The 21 age limit is because this is a bar - they WILL card at the door, so make sure you have the appropriate ID
* They have decent pub food there, but it does cost money (as do the drinks) - plan accordingly. As far as Boston goes, they're not terribly expensive, but make sure you've got some cash.
* As much as your fellow gamers love you, we don't want to have to carry you home, hold your hair back while you yarf, or read about you as a statistic the next day, so plan accordingly - don't drink TOO much, and make sure you have transportation plans to get back to wherever you're staying.
* Reply if you're coming for headcount purposes.
* PAX Community Calendar event here.
* FaceBook event here.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
xWDsUaZ.png
jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

Khadour on

• gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    Count me in. I've been meaning to make it to your monthly shindigs for a while now, and this is the perfect time to start!

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Excellent :D Looking forward to the 3rd annual pre-pax boozin-gaming

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    Did we call Foley's ahead to reserve the back room last time? Last year I think the place was filled.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    I'm in, of course :)

HI3789R.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    trinistand wrote: »
    Did we call Foley's ahead to reserve the back room last time? Last year I think the place was filled.
    Not yet - I'm planning on talking to them when we're down there on the 29th.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Emod and I will be there! We have had a kickstarter game addiction lately if people want us to bring some of those.

• trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    Emod and I will be there! We have had a kickstarter game addiction lately if people want us to bring some of those.

Yes! Always like trying new games!

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I should be able to make it to this. I would really like to get back into the habit of coming to the end of the month meet-ups tho. I miss game night!

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Hi friends! I intend to be there. :D

7B14287.png
  • Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    Marking it in my calendar, work permitting I will get there at some point during the evening.

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I'll definitely be there!!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • sudokensudoken Registered User regular
    Count me in

Pax East: 3 Day [X] Hotel [X] Time off [X]
  • scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, count me in too!

sig.php?id=222
  • GanybyteGanybyte Registered User regular
    I'm in too. Sounds good. How do locals find out about the monthly event?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ganybyte wrote: »

There's a thread for it in the "pax general" section of the forums.

Ganybyte wrote: »
    As zerzhul said, there's a thread for it in the PAX General section of the forums. We've also got a Boston-area PAXers FaceBook group going, if you're not violently opposed to FaceBook.

xWDsUaZ.png

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I'm leaving here fuckoff early and will be getting into Boston at 4PM, so yes I will indeed be at this again.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Talked to the Foley Folks tonight, and they'll be ready for us. Let the games begin!

xWDsUaZ.png

• rawrelysarawrelysa Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    I can confirm that I'll be back in town that evening. I'll probably just come straight from the airport (I land at 5:20 PM), so I'll be jetlagged and with a suitcase. Nice.

Will be bringing CAH, Munchkin, Drinking Quest, and my 3DS.

sig.php?id=222
  • RedSox566RedSox566 Registered User new member
    Sounds awesome, I'll do my best to attend if work permits!

• Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    Sounds great, Ill try to remember to be there!
    Also, Id like to request Cards against Humanity(havent played it but would like to)
    And the PA game Paint the Line(Played at Prime last year, it was a little difficult to learn but super fun!) Heres a link http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/paint-the-line-red-tide

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
    Also, Id like to request Cards against Humanity(havent played it but would like to)
    I'll be bringing CAH plus the two expansions, so there will be plenty of cards to learn and play!

sig.php?id=222
  • Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    I'll be bringing CAH plus the two expansions, so there will be plenty of cards to learn and play!
    Awesome, sounds good!

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
  • auspexauspex Skullcrusher MountainRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if this helps or hurts the event, but Game Over (https://www.facebook.com/GameOverBoston) will likely be happening across the street. At the very least, it counts as board game-friendly overflow space. :)

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    auspex wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this helps or hurts the event, but Game Over (https://www.facebook.com/GameOverBoston) will likely be happening across the street. At the very least, it counts as board game-friendly overflow space. :)

Many of our regulars at the monthly meet ups also frequent game over. It's not uncommon for people to split their time between the 2 on that night.

As for CAH, most of our local regulars own it so there will likely be a few copies hanging around.

HI3789R.png
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Count me in, this year! I'm finally coming up early enough to do more pre-PAX stuff and meet more people. :-D

• DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    I guess I'll probably be there. It'll be a nice start to my week of PAX madness.

Also, it's only 5 weeks from tonight!

• SashanSashan Registered User regular
    Land early afternoon - BakaAl probably was looking to drag me here anyway :) My first PAX an all.

Count me in

• PeterParker77PeterParker77 Registered User regular
    sounds like a fun time! i'll be there!

• FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    I'm officially in.

I'll try to bring Lords of Waterdeep, but I don't fully know what my schedule is for the week. Move in day might be Wednesday so my Tuesday car packing could be tight.

• NickzillaNickzilla Nottingham, UKRegistered User regular
    I miiiight just come to this, I don't know how busy my Tuesday will be.

Will keep an eye on it. O_o

We are officially on the calendar at J. J. Foley's, and they'll be expecting us. Looking forward to seeing everyone then!

xWDsUaZ.png

Khadour wrote: »
    We are officially on the calendar at J. J. Foley's, and they'll be expecting us. Looking forward to seeing everyone then!
    Awesome. Thanks for organizing! Can't wait!

sig.php?id=222
  • NickDWolfwoodNickDWolfwood Registered User regular
    My girlfriend and I are planning on being there. This will be a great time!

signature.png
    Man, if everyone who posted in this thread actually does come, we're going to be packed like sardines :P

HI3789R.png
    edited March 2013
    We'll just take over the front room, too, and overflow into Game Over if we need to. Doing a quick count of those above, I got about 28 people, add in the 15 or so regulars who will show up without replying to this thread, and we get 45ish. That'd be a touch crowded in the back room, but I'm betting on being able to grab a few tables up front, too.

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Well then, I'll just have to show up early to stake out a good spot.

7B14287.png
  • EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I'm in as well.

As far as games go - I might be able to bring a copy of San Juan. Failing that, is anyone interested in/bringing Race for the Galaxy and/or Puerto Rico? I know both games are similar to San Juan, and I'd definitely like to try them out, especially as there will be tourneys for both at PAX that I want to enter!

EQV on
    TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
    I know Khadour has and regularly brings puerto rico.

HI3789R.png