As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] Plz be goeth to neweth thread

DashuiDashui Registered User regular
edited July 2014 in Games and Technology
elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-logo.png

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a role-playing video game being developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls action role-playing video game series, following The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It was released on November 11, 2011 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Skyrim's main story revolves around the player character's efforts to defeat a dragon god who is prophesied to destroy the world. Set two hundred years after Oblivion, the game takes place in the land of Skyrim in the midst of a civil war after the assassination of the king. The open world gameplay of the Elder Scrolls series is continued in Skyrim, as the player character can explore the land at will and ignore or postpone the main quest indefinitely.

Information & Tips

General performance tips: In the game's launcher, disable traditional anti-aliasing and enable FXAA instead. And under its View Distance tab, check the Object Detail Fade box.

Double Skyrim's maximum grass distance with (possibly) little to no performance loss! Open "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini" and change the "fGrassStartFadeDistance=" value from 7000 (its max in the launcher/in-game display options) to 14000. You won't see any difference between 14000 and higher values, but 7000 to 14000 is a fantastic improvement.

Increase Skyrim's grass density! Open "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini" and add "iMinGrassSize=20" under the [GRASS] heading.

How to use Bethesda's HD texture pack with all your current texture mods! Disable "HighResTexturePack01.esp" and "HighResTexturePack02.esp" in Skyrim's launcher. Next, open "steamapps\common\Skyrim\Skyrim_default.ini" and "My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini" and change the following entry to look like this:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, HighResTexturePack01.bsa, HighResTexturePack02.bsa

Mods & Downloads

[SKYRIM]

If there's a mod not in this list that you feel should be, send me a PM and I'll check it out.

Most of the descriptions below have been taken from their pages.

Every Skyrim in-game book, available in Kindle and e-pub format.

Nexus Mod Manager - Highly recommended. The Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) is a free and open source piece of software that allows you to download, install, update and manage your mods through an easy to use interface. It integrates with the Nexus sites to provide you with a fast, efficient and much less hassle free modding experience.

Skyrim Script Extender - Required for many advanced mods

BOSS - BOSS is designed to assist mod users in avoiding serious conflicts, by setting the correct load order for the plugins they have installed.

Wrye Bash - This is an advanced tool that allows you to merge mods and leveled lists together.

Skyrim GEMS - Skyrim GEMS is a 1-page, quick-reference catalog of lore-friendly gameplay enhancement mods for Skyrim with a focus on mods that create a more realistic, immersive and challenging experience.

INTERFACE

SkyUI - SkyUI is mod that aims to improve Skyrim's User Interface by making it easier to use with mouse and keyboard (it can also be used with a gamepad), less wasteful of available screen space and nicer to look at.

Immersive HUD - The aim of iHUD is to provide the immersive feel you get from having no HUD, whilst keeping the usefulness of having one. It takes the permanently visible HUD elements such as compass and crosshair, and hides them when not needed. It's also configurable, allowing you to disable or enable various features, set HUD elements to toggle or reactive, and more.

A Quality World Map - With Roads - This mod replaces the map with high resolution textures that also includes optional roads.

GAMEPLAY

Skyrim Redone - SkyRe is a full Skyrim overhaul, centered around its gameplay, from the perk system to enemy AI. Note: You will want to download a skill level cap remover for use with SkyRe. Check its mod page for more information.

ACE - ACE is a collection of mods which can be run independently of each other. ACE aspires to brings more depth and balance Skyrim while maintaining its original feel. (Dashui: ACE may be more balanced than SkyRe, and is more compatible with other mods. It doesn't alter the magic trees, however, so you may wish to download the recommended Empowered Magic mod.)

Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay - (Dashui: SPERG is similar to ACE - more modular and lightweight than SkyRe - with a few additional features.)

Note: Use only SkyRe, ACE or SPERG.

Alternative Start - Live Another Life - Live Another Life provides an alternative means to start the game for those who do not wish to go through the lengthy intro sequence at Helgen. You will be given the opportunity to choose your race and then choose a new life for your character to lead.

ASIS - This mod increases the difficulty of combat by giving the AI access to more potions, perks and spells, improving their general intelligence, and includes options to increase and randomize their spawns. Note: This is not compatible with Skyrim Redone. It is, however, recommended for use with ACE.

The Dance of Death - The Dance of Death is a new kill moves mod built from the ground up... it adds around 25 new/reassigned killmoves against NPC's not already included in the 1.5 patch to virtually all of the combat styles and situations. It also allows you to customize various kill move settings, such as perspective, decapitation chance and more.

Dual Wield Parrying - This allows the player to block while dual wielding. It's a fantastic mod for spellswords.

Sneak Tools - This mod aims to improve stealth gameplay by adding new tools and options for the player, such as different types of arrows inspired by the Thief series.

Ultimate Follower Overhaul - UFO gives you greater control over your followers. Dawnguard Compatibility Note: A compatibility patch was released under the optional files section, but there are still reports of issues.

Deadly Dragons - This mod overhauls dragons making them a much tougher challenge, as well as introducing more than a dozen new types of dragons to fight.

Magic Duel - It lets you get into Dragonball Z energy beam fights with other mages. 'Nuff said.

Dragon Soul Relinquishment - This mod allows you to spend dragon souls to improve some of your character abilities.

Note: Use only one of the following magic overhaul mods. These are not compatible with Skyrim Redone.

Better Magic - The Better Magic series is a group of magic changes that was built simplistically in order to make it compatible with as many mods as possible.

Empowered Magic - This mod changes some mechanics related to general spell casting, as well as perks and spells in all schools of magic, making them scale with level and also more balanced. The goal is to give the player more options and variation to choose from, encouraging the use of all available spells instead of just sticking to the obvious best choices.

Note: Use only one of the following combat overhaul mods.

Duel - Combat Realism - Duel Combat Realism is a mod that improves the combat system of Skyrim, making them more realistic.

Deadly Combat - The mod makes the combat in Skyrim faster-paced, more responsive and realistic and more rewarding to skilled players.

WEAPONS, ARMORS & ITEMS

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches - This mod adds many new items that will increase carry weight and appear visually on your character.

JaySus Swords - This mod adds a large variety of new, high quality swords for you to craft.

Weapons of the Third Era - This mod contains a pack of 50+ new weapons (not replacements) with Morrowind-themed designs. They are added to the loot tables and so you can find them on enemies you encounter, and several can be crafted, as well.

Immersive Armors - This adds many new custom armors that have been seamlessly integrated into the world.

Immersive Weapons - This adds many new custom weapons that have been seamlessly integrated into the world.

Omegared99 Armor Compilation - Omegared99's compilation adds 14 high quality, lore friendly armors to the game.

Cloaks of Skyrim - This mod adds almost 100 new styles of cloak to the world of Skyrim, via crafting, levelled-lists, and static loot. They are lore-friendly and enchantable, and more are being added with every update.

Winter is Coming - Cloaks - Winter is Coming adds new cloaks, hoods, capes, scarves and wraps to the game's leveled and crafting lists, and is fully compatible with Cloaks of Skyrim.

Wearable Lanterns - Adds a craftable, wearable, Travel Lantern that can be hooked onto your belt or carried in your hand!

Tamriel Compendium - Tamriel Compendium adds 177 books that were present in past Elder Scrolls games but not included in Skyrim.

QUESTS, LOCATIONS & NPCs

Moonpath to Elswyer - Moonpath adds an entirely new landmass to explore in Skyrim, the deserts and lush jungles of Elsweyr, and features entirely new assets, items, voice work, quests and creatures.

Wyrmstooth - A new voice acted questline that takes you across Skyrim to the large island of Wyrmstooth.

Interesting NPCs - This mod adds more than 90 voiced NPCs with nearly 20,000 lines and over 300,000 words of player and NPC dialogue, and new quests and companions.

SOUNDS

Fantasy Music Overhaul - This adds over 150 new, region specific tracks to the game.

Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons - The Dungeons includes 115+ sound effects to add life to the dungeons.

Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds - The Wilds focuses on adding sound effects in Skyrim's wilderness. With the 115 new sound effects, the purpose of The Wilds is to audibly enlarge Skyrim's fauna with the addition of various animals, birds and insects that play according to weather, time of day and region.

Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization - Civilization focuses on adding 223 new sound effects to cities, villages, farms and remote locations where civilization is present.

VISUALS: ENVIRONMENTS

Perfect Whiterun - This mod adds pines in Whiterun and its immediate surroundings and replaces its old textures with forest textures.

Texture Pack Combiner - The Texture Pack Combiner (TPC) merges the three popular texture packs - Skyrim HD 2K, Serious HD Retexture and Skyrim Realistic Overhaul - together. It also supports the merging of 33 optional mods, putting them all together into a single, fully compatible and load-order free package.

Enhanced Night Skyrim - This mod replaces the night sky with a beautiful, high resolution one.

Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel - Climates of Tamriel is a weather and lighting overhaul mod for Skyrim. Note: This can be used with ENB mods.

WATER - Water and Terrain Enhancement Redux - High resolution water textures and meshes

Lanterns of Skyrim - This mod adds lanterns and other light sources around the world of Skyrim - along its traveled paths, towns and bridges.

Enhanced Distant Terrain - This small texture mod enhances the distant low-detail terrain by upping the amount of noise and quality of the the texture maps.

Better Dynamic Snow - A mod that changes the ugly, pure-white dynamic snow effect to actually use the default snow texture (landscape\snow01.dds). This minor change greatly improves the visual appearance of dynamic snow.

Footprints - Adds footprints to the snow from the player, NPCs, and creatures.

Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Skyrim Flora Overhaul is a WIP mod project dedicated to overhauling the Skyrim flora.

Lush Trees and Grass - This enhances the world's foliage by making it look fuller and more lush. It is compatible with with Vurt's Skyrim Flora Overhaul's Basic edition.

Real Ice - This mod retextures the ice/glaciers in the game, as well as adding parallax mapping to their surfaces. (Dashui: My personal preference is the Dark Classic + Parallax version. However, WATER now includes an ice retexture.)

Chopping Block / Wood Fires FIX - This mod fixes the missing textures on skyrim HD pack Chopping Blocks and replaces the ugly textures of Wood Fires.

Revamped Exterior Fog - This mod makes distance fog 50% thinner, making for a better view and more subtle blending with the skyline, and pushes the fog start distance further away.

Static Mesh Improvement - This mod edits many 3D models to improve their appearance and to fix many of the ugly seams and other oddities present in many of the 3D models. Note: If using Better Dynamic Snow, install this after and select yes when it prompts you to replace.

Visible Windows - Visible Windows replaces the window glass (customizable), most frames, railings, and detailing with new, high resolution textures.

VISUALS: CHARACTERS & EQUIPMENT

aMidianBorn Book of Silence - This mod retextures nearly every weapon, armor, and unique piece of equipment with higher resolution textures.

XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement - XCE is a compilation of Xenius' character enhancement mods.

Xenius Character Enhancement - Dawnguard - This improves the textures for the new Dawnguard races and characters. It requires XCE.

Apachii Sky Hair - This mod adds new hairstyles for females and males.

Wet and Cold - This mod adds dynamic wet and cold related effects to characters and certain creatures.

Wet and Cold - Ashes - An addon for Wet and Cold, which extends cold effects support to Solstheim and adds various ash related effects.

Get Snowy - Adds a snowy visual effect to the player and NPCs when snow is falling. Works well with Wet and Cold.

VISUALS: LIGHTING

IMAGINATOR - Visual Control Device - IMAGINATOR allows you to separately control visual elements like Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Sky Brightness, Sunlight Output, Bloom and Tint all from within an easy-to-navigate helper spell.

Enhanced Lights and FX - Enhanced Lights and FX has the goal to create a more dramatic and realistic mood to the Skyrim lights by adding lights to all light sources and removing any light without a source, as well as the addition many more effects like smoke, volumic lights, driples, etc.

Note: Use only one of the following lighting mods, unless specified otherwise.

Realistic Colors and Real Nights - This mod use the power behind FXAA Post Process Injector to generate a new and realistic color palette and an enhanced night-time gameplay experience. It is much less system intensive than ENB-based mods.

Project ENB - An ENB intended for use with Climates of Tamriel.

The Wilds ENB - The latest version is not for use with Climates of Tamriel, but its previous versions are. (Dashui: This has great interiors, especially with ELFX, though its exteriors are a tad bright.)

Note: ENBseries mods include a feature called SSAO, or Ambient Occlusion, which is a system intensive shadow rendering technique. For the best performance, you should disable it. You may have to do this manually, depending on the ENB mod you download, which you can do by opening your enbseries.ini file and changing the "EnableAmbientOcclusion=" variable to "false".

VISUALS: OTHER

Book Covers Skyrim - Book Covers Skyrim is a retexture of all the readable books, journals, and notes in Skyrim. It gives each book and journal its own unique cover and adds many additional paper styles to the notes.

Automatic Variants - AV provides an easy place to drag-and-drop alternate monster textures and have them automatically integrated into the game.

Enhanced Blood Textures - This mod adds a bloodier combat experience, with higher resolution and detailed textures.

Auto Unequip Ammo - This mod will automatically unequip ammo when ranged weapon is unequipped.

Deadly Spell Impacts - This mod gives fire, lightning, and frost spell impacts with their own unique textures, as well as improvements and variety to decal sizes.

Silly Level of Detail - Potions & Poisons - This mod replaces the textures for potions and poisons in the game.

Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar - This mod replaces the wine bottles and mead bottles in the game with higher quality ones.

[MORROWIND]

Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics - MGSO installs all the latest audio and graphical mods to the game through an easy to use application. You choose from a variety of different mods, and can make changes later with the press of a button through the same application and without having to start a fresh game. Included is a very detailed readme that will guide you through the install and setup process.

Screenshots

YrG5d.jpg

LCxoD.jpg

Lp6K9.jpg

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
Dashui on

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Orcs look damn good in this game, though.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I hope the MMO is actually good, because I'd love to explore the entirety of Tamriel in a single game. Even in the limited capacity of an MMO, it still sounds like an exciting experience.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    From the plot synopsis video that was posted it kinda sounds like it is going to take place in just Cyrodil, with the three factions invading and trying to take over. I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    From the plot synopsis video that was posted it kinda sounds like it is going to take place in just Cyrodil, with the three factions invading and trying to take over. I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me.

Its the whole landmass

Cyrodil is the main PvP area I believe

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh. We have a new thread.

Well, to reiterate:
    Monger wrote: »
    Goddamn Tharns.

Always mucking everything up for everybody.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    So, I guess the MMO is going to be the first ES game where everyone is good looking.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Unpossible. Not even CHIM could make it so.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Ah what the FUCK hearthfire?!

I put Ulfric's clothes on my mannequin, left my house, came back, mannequin is only wearing a hood. Other items? Totally gone. Arentino's Heirloom I positioned on a shelf? Gone. The dragon claws I put on a table? Gone.

What the fuck.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    haha, just had the best thing happen. Gunmar sent me to kill a vampire masquerading as a bard just outside of Winterhold. He's walking around outside and I talk to him outside the inn, try to persuade him to come with me, no dice. I hear a dragon cry, the guards and the vampire draw their swords, the dragon lands on the roof of the inn and immediately breathes directly on the vampire, killing it, and then flies off. Quest complete!

also, Soul Tear is just such a ridiculously great shout. So overpowered.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Ah what the FUCK hearthfire?!

I put Ulfric's clothes on my mannequin, left my house, came back, mannequin is only wearing a hood. Other items? Totally gone. Arentino's Heirloom I positioned on a shelf? Gone. The dragon claws I put on a table? Gone.

What the fuck.
    Went to update the Unofficial Hearthfire Patch and noticed this in the changelog:
    MannequinActivatorSCRIPT.psc has been overhauled in order to finally fix the duplication glitches AND the tendency for mannequins to eat armor that's given to them.

It was getting pretty annoying, what with the armory I built and all. Now whenever the Enhanced Lights and FX guy gets around to fixing the horrendous lighting in the Hearthfire houses, everything will be swell.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    After finally picking this up about nine days ago, it has absorbed my soul like so many dragons that have fallen before a Dragonborn. What's the deal with the Unofficial Patch(es)? Are they fixes that were eventually picked up and patched by Bethesda, or something I should get ASAP?

• Options
    I don't like all of the Unofficial Patching, but some is pretty great. It's not official at all. Beth is uninvolved.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    After finally picking this up about nine days ago, it has absorbed my soul like so many dragons that have fallen before a Dragonborn. What's the deal with the Unofficial Patch(es)? Are they fixes that were eventually picked up and patched by Bethesda, or something I should get ASAP?

Some of their fixes have been incorporated into actual patches, which is why you really need to update it regularly (thankfully, it's not hard, and not advertised as needing a clean save).

They DO take some liberties, so be prepared for some controversial changes (like adding subtitles to dragons, etc.).

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

Some of their fixes have been incorporated into actual patches, which is why you really need to update it regularly (thankfully, it's not hard, and not advertised as needing a clean save).

They DO take some liberties, so be prepared for some controversial changes (like adding subtitles to dragons, etc.).

Is that what made the first dragon you fight actually speak? It was kind of annoying.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Wait, really? The subtitles for dragons are added by the Unofficial Patches? That's interesting. I was sure it was in the base game, for some reason.

I'm also confused about why that's controversial. Multiple in-game sources talk about how for dragons, there's no difference between combat and a verbal debate since they produce magical effects through their speech. They use the same shouts that you as the player do; why shouldn't they have subtitles?

Unless those subtitles read "Hi d00d", or "Hey what's up I just ate a mammoth lol". That would be more immersion-breaking.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Wait, really? The subtitles for dragons are added by the Unofficial Patches? That's interesting. I was sure it was in the base game, for some reason.

I'm also confused about why that's controversial. Multiple in-game sources talk about how for dragons, there's no difference between combat and a verbal debate since they produce magical effects through their speech. They use the same shouts that you as the player do; why shouldn't they have subtitles?

Unless those subtitles read "Hi d00d", or "Hey what's up I just ate a mammoth lol". That would be more immersion-breaking.

I've fought 3 dragons in my current game (first scripted one and 2 random ones), and only the first one spoke. It sounded pretty crappy, though (it was too loud, poor quality (sound and acting), and obviously pitch-shifted to make it sound deeper). I didn't catch most of what he said, but when I landed the killing blow he said, "Dovahkiin, nooooo!" which just felt weird and out of place.

In the intro the dragon there has subtitles for when he does his attacks, and it's fine.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    That first dragon you kill (for the story) always said that for me, it was just never voiced. Subtitles were always there.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Man. Thank god I installed that immersive weapons thing. Ever since I found a quarterstaff my hammer-focused lady feels actually useful.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Subtitles wouldn't bother me, but if something I download adds voices to the dragons I will quit the game, delete the mod with extreme prejudice, and reload the previous save to pretend that it never happened.

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I wanted to like Immersive Weapons but some of those weapons are of dubious quality and are not lore friendly.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    I don't like all of the Unofficial Patching, but some is pretty great. It's not official at all. Beth is uninvolved.

That makes it good, right?

:P

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The first dragon you fight has subtitles, and in all versions of the game except the English version it is voiced. The Unofficial Patch adds an English voice but the voice acting is shitty.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I wanted to like Immersive Weapons but some of those weapons are of dubious quality and are not lore friendly.

I didn't find a lot of things that struck me as entirely out of line with the general "feel" of the game, myself. Some of them are probably not lore-strict, butas long as it looks like it fits in a TES game I'm game.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Wait, subtitles to dragons? I'd love that!

"Sup dragon-bro."

"Rawr in shit! Whatcha doing?"

"Nada, just gonna go roar some dragon-shit talk to the dovahkin, then maybe eat some peeps."

"Word."

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Dragon-talk is a bit inconsistent. Dragons being bilingual or something is a factor, but sometimes there are subtitles and sometimes there aren't.

That makes it good, right?

:P

Not only good. It wouldn't exist if Beth weren't so uninvolved.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Wait, subtitles to dragons? I'd love that!

"Sup dragon-bro."

"Rawr in shit! Whatcha doing?"

"Nada, just gonna go roar some dragon-shit talk to the dovahkin, then maybe eat some peeps."

"Word."
    They're already in the original game for Murmalur or whatever the fuck that one dragon's name is.

• Options
    Mirmulnir.

My rings are still invisible! D:

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Unrelated to the patches: it drives me insane how whenever the dragons talk to the player, every once in a while they insert a word in the dragon language, and then immediately say the English translation of that word right after. Bilingual people don't talk like that (I know because I am one). No one talks like that.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    The first dragon you fight has subtitles, and in all versions of the game except the English version it is voiced.

Yeah, it was weird fighting it at first and seeing a subtitle for "Yol" pop up with no one speaking around me. It was the dragon using the word of power for fire when it was breathing.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Unrelated to the patches: it drives me insane how whenever the dragons talk to the player, every once in a while they insert a word in the dragon language, and then immediately say the English translation of that word right after. Bilingual people don't talk like that (I know because I am one). No one talks like that.

See, I always saw that as "oh wait this isn't actually a dragon this is some random human thing person.

they're probably really fucking stupid, even if they can eat my soul."

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    So we've finally got a release date, eh?

What's the verdict on Dragonborn, 360 players?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Subtitles wouldn't bother me, but if something I download adds voices to the dragons I will quit the game, delete the mod with extreme prejudice, and reload the previous save to pretend that it never happened.

Hey! I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it's the mod: "Fuz Ru Doh". A mod that adds subtitles to non-voiced dialog, dozens of other major mods now require it (Several of the "basic needs" packs make use of it) or ask for it. It makes that first dragon say things in a...as you said, a pitch shifted, auto-tuned, poorly shouted at the mic...way. I swore it even used lines riped from the LOTR movie or something. It was terrible.

If you don't have that mod, than it must be something else we both have installed. Because I know exactly what you're talking about. I swore it was Fuz Ru Doh though...

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I noticed that scripted dragon talking too in my latest play through the game, and was pretty confused by it. I had thought perhaps it was the 'Interesting NPC' mod I installed, but I'm pretty sure that mod just adds new NPCs to the game, rather than modifying existing ones.

Whatever it is, the voice acting is complete shit and it annoys me greatly that someone thought that was good enough to add into a mod that isn't specifically meant for that purpose. Fortunately, it seems it's only that one dragon which is voice acted, so at least I don't have to hear it again.

• Options

Hey! I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it's the mod: "Fuz Ru Doh". A mod that adds subtitles to non-voiced dialog, dozens of other major mods now require it (Several of the "basic needs" packs make use of it) or ask for it. It makes that first dragon say things in a...as you said, a pitch shifted, auto-tuned, poorly shouted at the mic...way. I swore it even used lines riped from the LOTR movie or something. It was terrible.

If you don't have that mod, than it must be something else we both have installed. Because I know exactly what you're talking about. I swore it was Fuz Ru Doh though...

I don't have Fuz Ru Doh, unless another mod included it. My thought was also Interesting NPCs, but I also have the unofficial patches.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    I do not have Interesting NPCs...I'm at a loss.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Wish my stupid henchmen would stop killing guards when I pay my fines. Also wish Calm worked on stupid henchmen. Also wish stupid henchmen weren't immune to dialogue while killing guards.

PLA on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Argh. SkyRe, why you so good, but you're broken in like the one key place where I need you to function (summoning my undead minions to me)? What's the point of gearing these guys up if they're just going to disappear at random, never to be seen or heard from again?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Wish my stupid henchmen would stop killing guards when I pay my fines. Also wish Calm worked on stupid henchmen. Also wish stupid henchmen weren't immune to dialogue while killing guards.

My henchman got into a fight with my horse last night. I was not pleased.

• Options
    This is what a Batman-villain must feel like.

Yay, rings again! Whoa, Bone Hawk Ring looks like some kind of knuckling-device?

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Argh. SkyRe, why you so good, but you're broken in like the one key place where I need you to function (summoning my undead minions to me)? What's the point of gearing these guys up if they're just going to disappear at random, never to be seen or heard from again?

Ahh the undead henchmen, one of the things I really did like about SkyRe. Not so much the disappearing part, though it was funny that sometimes, long after I thought one was gone, it would come toddling up out of nowhere and rejoin me.