As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THIS IS ABOUT DRAWING A LINE IN THE [CHAT]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Elder Scrolls Online does not look like an Elder Scrolls game at all. Its whimsy level was set to -∞ and it didn't crash a single time in the whole trailer.

I have ranted about this and how it could of been amazing instead it is an mmo and it makes me sad.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Dogtars rule! Pink hairs drool!

Choosing the green ending

Checkmate

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The only game that I've been interested in this generation which has yet to be ported is MGS4. But I can't buy a PS3 for a single game.

Actually, that's perfectly reasonable. Valkyria Chronicles is totally worth getting a PS3.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Hmm, apparently the DoJ work I'll be doing is actually development work rather than tech support. I'm happy about that (but still want to get out because fuck having a three-four hour long daily commute).

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Crap. It looks like I'm gonna have to attend the Vegas tradeshow. I was hoping to avoid it this year.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The only game that I've been interested in this generation which has yet to be ported is MGS4. But I can't buy a PS3 for a single game.

Actually, that's perfectly reasonable. Valkyria Chronicles is totally worth getting a PS3.

I came very close to doing this a couple of years ago. Couldn't quite make it work, though.

edit: wrong instead of work. Where is my brain?

Tamin on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    if, in a game, you can't break into a completely ordinary looking peasant house in a major city and find an inexplicably naked chick in the attic summoning demons over a bubbling cauldren then it's just not an Elder Scrolls game.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

I had the sequel on my PSP. It was okay. I'm not sure I want to play more.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Thomamelas @Bogart

Holy shit, that screenplay. Holy shit. I have no idea what my favorite part could be. Is it when Liefeld meets Eazy-E? Maybe it's when Todd McFarlane is described as "lean, enigmatic, and compelling."

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Dogtars rule! Pink hairs drool!

Choosing the green ending

Checkmate

-_-

I'm going to cut you...

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Crap. It looks like I'm gonna have to attend the Vegas tradeshow. I was hoping to avoid it this year.

Cyanide pill

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    @Thomamelas @Bogart

Holy shit, that screenplay. Holy shit. I have no idea what my favorite part could be. Is it when Liefeld meets Eazy-E? Maybe it's when Todd McFarlane is described as "lean, enigmatic, and compelling."

Nothing beats McFarlane talking about getting slave wages and the Marvel guy pointing out that he got paid over a million dollars. Or anytime McFarlane talks about the plantation.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tarranon wrote: »
    i am also terrified they'll fuck her up in the sequel. but at least the game will still probably be tons of fun to play

It is not as though she is a rich character with lots of interesting depth they can mess up. The story and characters in the first were atrocious. The gameplay was insane and amazing.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

The Uncharted franchise, Heavy Rain, and Valkyria Chronicles were pretty much a deciding factor for me. That, and I need a Blueray player anyways.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I had the sequel on my PSP. It was okay. I'm not sure I want to play more.

Yeah, this is basically going "I dunno, man, Episode II wasn't that good so I don't think I'll watch the original trilogy."

(I hated the sequel.)

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hmm. The forum is struggling to remember which posts have been viewed and occasionally throwing errors.

Time to sacrifice another goat to the dark gods.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Also, @Spool32, you are a traitor to the proud logotar consulate.

Logotars don't need pink hair! Argh!

I couldn't help it!

Chanus absorbed me into the collective.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    if, in a game, you can't break into a completely ordinary looking peasant house in a major city and find an inexplicably naked chick in the attic summoning demons over a bubbling cauldren then it's just not an Elder Scrolls game.

Exactly! Also, if the gameplay isn't excessively emergent, resulting in magnificent bugs like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93W6mB0ZqCM

then just pack it in

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Gosh, I'm so indecisive that... Well, I'm in the middle in every dimension with the MBTI.

I hate personality tests.

• Options
    @Thomamelas @Bogart

Nothing beats McFarlane talking about getting slave wages and the Marvel guy pointing out that he got paid over a million dollars. Or anytime McFarlane talks about the plantation.

I like the fact that the Marvel guy says, completely accurately, as they leave: "Only one of them has any talent".

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    witch screenplay j4c0b

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Cyanide pill

Hasn't been ruled out. Gonna need new shoes and gel inserts.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Bayonetta 2 can have any character or setting or story it wants. It could be stick figures in an ashy wasteland for all I care, as long as the gameplay is at least as tight and engaging as the first one.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    witch screenplay j4c0b

Rob Liefeld wrote a screenplay about his life and Image Comics. It is amazing.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    woot.com has a Vision 42" lcd for $329 today.

that is a p good deal.

Edit: It's a woot-off today! Deal is already gone.

spool32 on
  • Options
    Bayonetta 2 can have any character or setting or story it wants. It could be stick figures in an ashy wasteland for all I care, as long as the gameplay is at least as tight and engaging as the first one.

Yes, it's the gameplay you want to be tight and engaging.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Can someone SRC up my av please?

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    @Thomamelas @Bogart

todd_bio_photo_01_lg.jpg

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    i am also terrified they'll fuck her up in the sequel. but at least the game will still probably be tons of fun to play

It is not as though she is a rich character with lots of interesting depth they can mess up. The story and characters in the first were atrocious. The gameplay was insane and amazing.

But that atrociousness was blatantly intentional and thoroughly enjoyable. I thought it gave the game that extra icing that really made it that much more fun.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular

It's not like I can have sex with the woman on the screen.

• Options
    Leitner wrote: »
    @Thomamelas @Bogart

todd_bio_photo_01_lg.jpg

That looks like the promo shot for a Gary Numan tribute act.

• Options
    Being trans is weird.

Because like, all those questions that a 12 year old asks that are normal? Kind of weird when you're 25!

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Hmm. The forum is struggling to remember which posts have been viewed and occasionally throwing errors.

Time to sacrifice another goat to the Geth.

FTFY

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    huh wondering why geth awesomed my post...

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

If his underwear had a gun, his penis would still be here.

• Options

It's not like I can have sex with the woman on the screen.

Leave my lame puns alone!

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »

But that atrociousness was blatantly intentional and thoroughly enjoyable. I thought it gave the game that extra icing that really made it that much more fun.
    It wasn't bad enough to be enjoyable. It was just a mess.

They needed to push it just a little further to get away from the quality nadir.

This discussion has been closed.