As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Room Share - East 2013 Edition

• dmautzdmautz Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    HAVE SPACE

Hotel: Westin
    Total Cost: $600 total for all 4 nights
    Date Arriving: Thu Mar 21
    Date Leaving: Mon Mar 25
    Number of Spots Available: 1 or 2
    My Gender: Male, Male
    Your Gender: Whatever
    Best Contact Method: (my username) at gmail

Additional Notes: This is our first PAX. We got the hotel through hotwire since it sold out so fast so it's a bit more expensive (I can show you the receipt if you like). However, our 3rd backed out so we have an entire bed available. All we ask is that you dont trash the room, keep yourself clean, and not be a crazy person.

dmautz on
  • RoEdhelRoEdhel Registered User regular

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Friday, Mar. 22
    Date Leaving: Sunday, Mar. 24
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: F
    Your Gender: Either.
    Best Contact Method: gillian.e.demers@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I cosplay, but the biggest thing I should have with me is a staff. It should all be able to fit under the bed at night. I did want to take in some of the PAX night life, so I might be out a little late. I also don't mind sleeping on the floor. I sorta lost my original arrangement and I'm currently in the lurch for a place to crash.

• FookFook Registered User new member
    edited January 2013
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21st (Evening)
    Date Leaving: Monday, March 25th (Evening)
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: N/A
    Best Contact Method: archive32@aol.com (or forum PM)

Additional Notes: I am 19 years old, this is my 2nd time heading over to PAX East, was at it last year and it was a blast. I was going to head over and stay with a group of friends from Drexel but my 'friend' (now an ex-friend) who made the reservation at the Westin about a very stupid argument about... League of Legends.. Anyway, I am going to be doing BYOC, and I am also interested in late night activities related to PAX, so I would be out of the room most of the time, besides sleep/shower pretty much. If anyone would be comfortable finding a relatively cheap place, to split up the cost, a bit further from PAX (2 miles or less) that would be totally fine with me. Any other details needed/questions wanted to ask, please shoot me an email or PM me. Thanks!

Fook on
  • Neil With ItNeil With It Registered User new member
    edited January 2013
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday afternoon, 3/21 (edited because I put down Wednesday at first for some reason)
    Date Leaving: Monday afternoon, 3/25
    My Gender: Dude
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: PM

Additional Notes: Second PAX! I'm 21, don't smoke, I drink but I'll keep it out of the room. Will probably only be in there for sleeping and showering actually. Last year I was at the Intercontinental (about a mile walk if I missed the shuttle), which was doable but I'd reaaaally like to be closer this time. Saving money is always great so if you have a "full" room and want to drive the price down a little, I'll totally sleep on the floor.

Neil With It on
  • DougB541DougB541 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21st (evening)
    Date Leaving: Sunday, March 24th
    Spots Needed:1
    Best Contact Method: DougB541 at Gmail

Additional Notes: I'm 28 year old male going to PAX East for my 2nd time. I am volunteering again with Twisted Pixel for the weekend so really just need a place to rest my head and fine with sleeping on floor if necessary.

• ricksebringricksebring Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    NEED SPACE - Edited 2/8

Date Arriving: Wed night 3/20 Pretty late, plane lands around midnight ><
    Date Leaving: Monday 3/25
    Contact: rick.sebring@gmail.com for fastest response time, though you can PM me here, I will check in as often as I remember.

I'm 29 and have been to most of the last few years of different Pax'es. Had a fantastic experience every single time, and This roomshare thing has been a good part of that. I get along with people rather easily, and Yes i do indeed take showers. Looking for a room very close to the convention, if not connected, and would prefer a bed if possible. but I have done the floor thing in the past, and it's not that bad. I don't choose to roomshare just to save money( though it helps there, money isn't really a problem for my PaX trips), I choose to roomshare because it's way more fun with friends, even if you haven't met them yet.

ricksebring on
  • sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    HAVE SPACE:

Hotel: Seaport
    Total Cost: $438.62 ($219 each for 2, less for 3)
    Date Arriving: Friday 3/22
    Date Leaving: Sunday 3/24
    Number of Spots Available: 1-2
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: PM here or zombobreaker @ gmail . com

Additional Notes/Requests:

This will be my third PAX East. I'm a 31 year old guy and am generally just in the room to sleep. I usually stay with my brother but he is staying with his wife this year. The room is two double beds, I'm looking for 1-2 others to split the cost, I'll be alone in the one of the beds. I don't snore and it would be awesome if you don't either. Some additional things, I'm vegan, have a bunch of tattoos, and don't drink. I go to PAX to play games basically. You are welcome to share any or none of these traits.

forum comes through

sassfactor4 on
  • gonexallgonexall PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, Mar. 21
    Date Leaving: Friday, Mar. 22
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: Either.
    Best Contact Method: gonexall@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I decided to arrive a day early but can't get find a room at or near the Westin. I want to participate in the pre-pax gaming night, so I'm looking for someplace close just for that one night (Thursday). I do not want to pay more than $150 for a shared room, but it's negotiable. I'm not interested in hotels that are far from the convention because I could get one of those easily. Non-smoking is a must.

gonexall on
  • Kein259Kein259 Registered User new member
    edited January 2013
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: Sunday or Monday, Mar. 24/25
    Best Contact Method: cjames259@gmail.com

This will be my second PAX. I'm 25. I'm looking for a place to sleep, a floor somewhere would be fine with me. I'm extremely easy to get along with and would adhere to any rules you might have for the room. I don't smoke but I do drink but I will do that outside the room.

Kein259 on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    HAVE SPACE:

Hotel: Seaport
    Total Cost: ~ $657.93
    Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21
    Date Leaving: Sunday, March 24
    Number of Spots Available: 1 floor spot
    My Gender: 3 Males
    Best Contact Method: jaydenwilson@live.com or PM me.

Additional Notes/Requests: This is for a floor spot, we're three guys who just want people to be respectful of the stuff we'll be leaving in the room. We intend to do the Thursday pubcrawl, and we'd prefer it if you showered.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • JOEPROJOEPRO Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei Wilmington, DelawareRegistered User regular
    Date Arriving: Thursday, Mar. 21 (via Sonic Line)
    Date Leaving: Monday, Mar. 25
    Your Gender: I'm a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes (N/A)
    Best Contact Method: PM on here or email: joeprov2@gmail.com

Additional Notes: Max Cost: $200 for a floor spot and bathroom. I cosplay and am hoping for an open spot at the Westin but anywhere nearby is acceptable. I attend the night concerts and usually return to the room late at night. I don't mind drinking or partying (23yo), I'll have my own supply and share or none of either is just as fine. This will be my third time at PAX East, was Cyber Sub-Zero last year and appeared on X-Play. I also attend other East Coast Gaming Conventions if you've seen me at any of those.

The ex-hosts of X-Play & Attack of the Show should be the floor hosts of the twitch.tv streams at PAX East!
  • BRishenBRishen Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Leaving: Sunday, March 24
    Spots Needed: 3
    My Gender: Doesn't matter
    Your Gender: 2 guys, 1 gal
    Best Contact Method:
    League of legends: Brishen on League of legends
    Email: cyb.truegrave@gmail.com
    Steam: Brishen

Additional Notes:
    We all have no problem sleeping on the floor
    Each morning I imagine we will be leaving at around 7am.
    No problems with partying
    Each of us will only have about 1 piece of luggage
    This is my 3rd year in a row of Pax East.

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Should be covered, if not, i'll re-edit
    Need Space
    Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21 (evening)
    Date leaving: Sunday, March 24
    Spots needed: 1
    Your Gender: indifferent
    Best Contact Method: PM or email me at coan at arcanius .org

Notes: I'm male, 29, and Canadian. I'm driving with 2 cosplayers that at worst case, I crash on a floor with them and several others (or suck it up and pay full price for a room to myself). As the driver I'd prefer to just split a room with someone to keep costs down and have a bed to get some real sleep in. I will still probably be up early/out late as it's my first PAX (Necrowombicon doesn't quite count) and I'd like to see as much as is reasonably possible.

In addition to payment for the room, I can also bribe with delicious Canadian snacks or delicious fairly fresh cookies (I make a really good chocolate chip).

Coan on
    Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    EDIT: This reservation has already been taken by someone. Thanks all for your interest.

So as I am unable to make it to PAX East I am wondering if anyone would like to take over my reservation at the Westin for March 21-24.

WESTIN BOSTON WATERFRONT
    (2 Double Beds Room) Mar 21 - Mar 24, 2013

03/21 03/22 03/23 Total Cost
    $185.00 $185.00 $185.00 $555.00

In order to take over this reservation you will need a credit card, and I will update the registration so that it is transferred to you. Please message me if you are interested.

zerzhul on
    No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
  • koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    All squared away!

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday March 21st
    Date Leaving: Monday March 25th
    Spots Needed: 2
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter!
    Best Contact Method: PM here or e-mail koleypunch@gmail.com

Additional Notes: Me and my friend are flying in and we desperately need a place to crash! Would prefer the Westin. We will most likely be out drinking and gaming fairly late.

koleypunch on
    location! location! bees!
  • AaragoornAaragoorn Registered User new member
    edited January 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: The InterContinental (510 Atlantic Avenue)
    Total Cost: $1392.87 ($464.29 per person-whole stay; 154.76 per person-per night)
    Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21st
    Date Leaving: Sunday, March 24th (checkout noon or earlier)
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Your Gender: Meh, whatevs.
    Best Contact Method: arionsobczak at gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: I plan on being there earlyish on Thursday, but will put your names on the room as well in case you beat me there. King bed and rollout sofa-whatever in the room, rotating/sharing to be decided. 20min walk from the con (not as close as possible, but not bad). If there's interest in moving the checkout time back I can probably fandangle it (my plan was to tote my shit around that last day before flying out) but I think there may be a fee of some sort.

Aaragoorn on
  • skymask1skymask1 Registered User new member
    edited February 2013
    Already taken

Now I HAVE SPACE:
    Hotel: W Boston
    Total Cost: USD $135 per night per person (USD $405 grand total, less with two people)
    Date Arriving: Friday, March 22nd (Early)
    Date Leaving: Sunday or Monday, March 25
    Number of Spots Available: 1 maybe 2
    Your Gender: Don't Care
    Best Contact Method: email me at

zerzhul on
  • RachelkittenRachelkitten PMS_KTN Broomfield, CORegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    All full :-(

Rachelkitten on
    Pax East 2012 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accomodations [X] Travel [X] Time Off [X]
    Twitter: KTNPWNS_PMS
  • blebernakblebernak Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21st (Evening)
    Date Leaving: Monday, March 25th (Morning)
    Best Contact Method: blebernak@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm 26, this is my first PAX event, really looking forward to it. It would obviously be great to stay right there at the Westin, or one of the other close places. I can be flexible.

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Duplicate Post

Dolarrah on
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Removed

Dolarrah on
  • AmishZombieAmishZombie Pittsburgh, PARegistered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21st (Maybe?)
    Date Leaving: Monday, March 25th (Maybe?)
    Best Contact Method: electrichead@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm 34, from the Pittsburgh area. This is my first PAX. I have a tentative room lined up, but was pointed to this forum to see what else is out there.

• SupervillianSupervillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    SPACE TAKEN, THANKS

Hotel: Westin Boston Waterfront (attached to the BCEC!)
    Total Cost: $470 (2 nights, to be split among however many people are in the room)
    Date Arriving: Friday 3/22 (check-in is usually 3pm)
    Date Leaving: Sunday 3/24 (check-out is usually noon)
    Number of Spots Available: 1-3
    My Gender: F M F
    Your Gender: Either
    Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:
    We're just trying to look to lower our hotel room cost by adding a few more people who wouldn't mind sleeping on the floor to our room. (I might be able to get you an air mattress or roll-out bed too) Let me know if you're interested & tell me a bit about yourself.

About us:
    We're 21 year olds, and this will be our 3rd PAX. Two of us cosplay so we might be in and out of the room during the day to change, but other than that, we're not really in the room much except to sleep.
    ALSO, we might be looking for a place for Thursday night, so let me know if you have room for 3 people for Thursday night.

Supervillian on
  • benthensbenthens Allentown,PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:MIDTOWN HOTEL
    Total Cost:$682.12
    Date Arriving:03/21/13
    Date Leaving:03/25/13(Early in the morning)
    Number of Spots Available:2
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter.
    Best Contact Method: sinboy52@yahoo.com or benthens@bloodyeyegames.com

Additional Notes/Requests: If you want to stay at this hotel with me and a friend you need to have cash up front to pay your part for the cost. We are both over the age of 21 so we are most likely gonna be at a bar and out late when the concerts go on. If all the spots fill I will get back to you for about how much you will owe. If you have any questions please email me.

zerzhul on
  • LtmcleodLtmcleod Registered User new member
    edited January 2013
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: I will probably be arriving 1/21/2013
    Date Leaving: 1/24/2013 (Late)
    Your Gender: Don't care
    Best Contact Method:
    You can email me at Darkelkib@yahoo.com OR (and this is risky, especially on some random forums..)
    Call / Text me at 254-289-6164

Additional Notes:

I don't care if I have to sleep on the floor. I'm here to visit some really good friends of mine, and It's not like I'll be sleeping a lot anyhow. Just wish
    for everyone to respectable of each other's belongings & stuff.

Ltmcleod on
  • Levi23Levi23 Registered User new member
    NEED ROOMS:

Date Leaving: Sunday, Mar. 24
    Rooms Needed: 3
    Best Contact Method: levipotensky@gmail.com

As the days get closer, my group continues to grow. If anyone is attempting to back out of a room at one of the 3 hotels of Westin (preferably), Seaport, or Renaissance, I would gladly pay what the room costs and possibly a little bit more to compensate a holding fee (especially at the Westin). Since the event is coming closer, a quicker response would be more beneficial to both of us. Thanks!

• MghostMghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, Mar. 21 late night
    Date Leaving: Monday, Mar. 25.
    Best Contact Method: FFXITARUWARU@HOTMAIL.COM

Perferably Westin please, I have a pretty warm costume so a hotel close to PAX would be great. This is my first PAX and was invited last minute by a great cosplayer. So here I am asking for help for a room. Price shouldn't be an issue as long as it isn't too high per night. A small corner is pretty much all I need. Im rarely in the room. Just need it for sleep and shower lol. I can also provide free internet for people in the room. So please let me know.

Mghost on
  • Bonus PointsBonus Points Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday afternoon, 3/21
    Date Leaving: Monday afternoon, 3/25
    Best Contact Method: PM or nick.quante@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm a 31 year-old non-smoker (who will be 32 come convention time, but still won't be smoking) in need of a place to sleep and shower. I won't require much space, and can sleep on the floor if needs be. This will be my third PAX, though my first without friends hence the need for a place to crash.

• Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    [REDACTED]

Alpha I Omega on
    | Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
  • IanthereineIanthereine Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: Hyatt Harborside at Logan Airport
    Total Cost: $404 (202 with 2 people, ~135 with 3, 101 with 4)
    Date Arriving: Thursday, March 21 - 3PM Check-in time
    Date Leaving: Sunday, March 24 - 12PM Check-out time.
    Number of Spots Available: 2-3
    My Gender: F
    Your Gender: No preference
    Best Contact Method: PM

Additional Notes/Requests: Room is non smoking, 1 King plus 1 roll-out. The convention center is about a 30 minute ride using the silver line bus (~10 minute walk from hotel to bus, 15-20 minute bus ride, and a 4 minute walk according to google maps). I personally would rather not reach 4 people but I do what I must to save money. IMPORTANT: I'm queer. If that makes you uncomfortable, obviously do not apply. If you think being queer means I'll want to hook up with you, also do not apply. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me through PMs.

zerzhul on
  • IanthereineIanthereine Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Doubleposted.

Ianthereine on
  • cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: Boston Seaport (two blocks from BCEC)
    Total Cost: $175 per person
    Date Leaving: Monday, March 25
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    Your Gender: No preference
    Best Contact Method: email, dan.rehberg@gmail.com

Notes: Spot will be on the floor.

cabbie98 on
    WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
    edited March 2013
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:MIDTOWN HOTEL
    Total Cost:$727.92
    Date Arriving:03/21/13
    Date Leaving:03/25/13(Early in the morning)
    Number of Spots Available:1
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter.
    Best Contact Method: sinboy52@yahoo.com or benthens@bloodyeyegames.com

Additional Notes/Requests: If you want to stay at this hotel with me and a friend you need to have cash up front to pay your part for the cost. We are both over the age of 21 so we are most likely gonna be at a bar and out late when the concerts go on. If all the spots fill I will get back to you for about how much you will owe. If you have any questions please email me.

zerzhul on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    @benthens Please do not re-post your request again. If you have changes to make, update your original listing.

@zerzhul I attempted to but I couldn't find an edit button. If you can change my first post and clear this one that would be awesome.

• flubbedpythonflubbedpython Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Deleted

flubbedpython on
    This thread is not a discussion thread. Only posts in the prescribed format in the OP are allowed. If someone lists a contact method, use that contact method. DO NOT reply in this thread.

It appears that a new anti-spam measure is preventing "new" members from editing their posts. For now, if you have an edit to make and cannot do so yourself, please PM me the updates and I shall update your post accordingly.

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Edit: Actually found another place to stay with another con-goer!

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Courtyard Boston Tremont
    Total Cost: $502
    Date Arriving: Friday 3/22
    Date Leaving: Sunday 3/24
    Number of Spots Available: 1 or 2
    My Gender: Two ladies and a dude
    Your Gender: Whatever is fine
    Best Contact Method: PM, later email/phone

Additional Notes/Requests: Myself, the boyfriend, and a lady friend have a room but would like to lower costs by sharing. Friday night we will definitely be at the concerts until late, and most likely on Saturday as well. We really just use the room to crash at night and eat late night food and shower. If you need two spots you are welcome to a bed, and if you need one we'll figure out the sleeping arrangements. There will be cookies. We are GLBTA friendly and overall pretty quiet/nice. PM me if interested so we can get to know one another and figure out our plans!

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • wartjr2373wartjr2373 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday 3/21, late afternoon/early evening
    Date Leaving: Sunday 3/24 (technically Monday morning but really early, so Sunday checkout is what I'm looking for)
    Best Contact Method: getanetpassport at gmail.com

Additional Notes: Like most people, I won't be spending much time in the hotel room aside from sleeping. I'm fine with half a bed or a floor spot, just need a warm room.

This discussion has been closed.