As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

how do elves even know how to build a god damn Smartphone anyways

19495969798100»

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    eh. It will be presented in april, "released" in may or june, and you will be able to buy it in august in the us, september in europe. just like the S3, iirc

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The note is five inch.

It won't be that big.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Yeah why have a mini tab phone and then a phone that's the same size but not your mini tab product.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    the rumor said the note 3 would become 6.something inches in response

that way madness lies

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    if you're ahead of the game, you just use your full sized ipad as a phone

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited January 2013
    End wrote: »
    if you're ahead of the game, you just use your full sized ipad as a phone

this is the end

my only friend, the end

Naphtali on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The note is 5.5. And the new one is going to be at least 6 inches.

Plus, the S3 is already 4.8, going to 5 will be such a small difference. The full HD resolution will be the big sales point, and the frankly ridiculous PPI required to get that res.

The note is 5.5. And the new one is going to be at least 6 inches.

Plus, the S3 is already 4.8, going to 5 will be such a small difference. The full HD resolution will be the big sales point, and the frankly ridiculous PPI required to get that res.

man what do you know anyways chris, you're just a winphone partisan! :rotate:
    I think you're right about the S4 not being a gigantic increase in size, but i still think a 6 is pushing it. I guess we'll see!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah, with Samsung already having a Note 7 and 10 inch tablet, and the Tab 7 and 10 inch tablets, the Note 6 inch+ (I'm seeing rumours of 6.3 inch) handset is going to be weird to market to consumers.

It's a phone, but it's fucking massive! Why not just get a Galaxy Tab 7 and a cheap Android phone like say the Galaxy Pocket?

• QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    This nexus 7 is pretty cool

Had to turn on super autocorrect though, I didn't realize I'd gotten so lazy at typing

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    try swiftkey3

its prediction is so good (from learning from your short messages if you want, and from mail/facebook messages if you want) that you usually only need to fart in the general direction of the keys you want to press to get the right words.

Oh and, it often also knows when you forgot a space bar

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited January 2013
    KY3DumA.png

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    I'm not sure I'll like swift key

Swiping seems weird to me, I think I prefer to type

Is it free or paid

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    It saddens me to say that because I'm at work and didn't know we were so close

This will be the first tech thread in a year of tech threads where I won't make the OP

Someone else might have to carry me for this one cause making a good op on my iPad is difficult

SwiftKey is regular typing, SwiftKey flow is swiping. It's not free, but we'll worth the money. The trial is free for two weeks. Day 2 I bought it because I knew I couldn't live without it :-P

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Actually I have an idea

Okay let's see how this goes

So far it feels the same as the regular one I guess? Idk

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Actually I have an idea

write op in text file on a pc

dropbox it

copy and paste

????

profit

Quoth wrote: »
    Okay let's see how this goes

So far it feels the same as the regular one I guess? Idk

From what people have said here, swiftkey catalogs what you write and improves its prediction based on that. Long story short more you use it the better it gets. I only used it for a day or two before going back to swype myself, but I like swypin'.

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Swiftkey is miles ahead of the standard G3 keyboard. I normally don't buy apps. I had the free trial, and when it quit, I just went back to the regular keyboard. Couldn't stand it.

This discussion has been closed.