As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

IN DEE [CHAT] ABLE

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    How much better are you than Bizazedo?

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @shazkar shadowstorm

Kanye West, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, the xx, Dirty Projectors, Beirut, Cut Copy, Beach House, Kendrick, DFA 1979, Feist to Play Governors Ball

Crystal Castles, Deerhunter, Fucked Up, Miguel, Dinosaur Jr., Best Coast, Japandroids, Twin Shadow, Azealia Banks, Local Natives, Yeasayer, Nas, Bloc Party, Wild Nothing, Freddie Gibbs, more to play NYC fest

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Soooooo someone clever clog changed all the minor keys in REM's "Losing my Religion" into majors. Give it a listen it's brilliant!

youtube.com/watch?v=y6KmiIq2-m8

I heard this on Monday and it seriously messed with my mind. It works a lot better in the verses/bridge than it does in the chorus, but it's a fun experiment.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    Kendrick Lamar getting top billing over Nas in NYC

oh how the great world spins

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Frosteey wrote: »
    How much better are you than Bizazedo?

at least ten times

that time he beat me 40 to 5 matches was an example of my magnanimity and humility in letting someone win

Evil Multifarious on
  • CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    you know the thing that gets me about the women in the military thread is that everyone in there makes it sound likes it's incredibly difficult to not have sex

like, bordering on impossible

this of course means that i am an utter badass and god among men for being as amazing as i am at not having sex

seriously, i make this shit look easy

In the book The Forever War, sex between enlisted men and women is mandatory. They swap bunkmates every other night so everyone gets a turn with everyone.

this gives me an idea

i am going to sell my services to the US military as a consultant

i will go around army battalions teaching people how to not have sex

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    All of the Star Trek movies have such good music.

That Star Trek IV theme owes a lot to the music from Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings.
    Oh huh the themes are very similar.
    Oh they're both by Leonard Rosenman.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    All of the Star Trek movies have such good music.

That Star Trek IV theme owes a lot to the music from Ralph Bakshi's Lord of the Rings.
    Oh huh the themes are very similar.

http://youtu.be/VjsWr9FT824

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    wait wait

MI 4 is on netflix now?!

also, if MI 5 ever gets made and doesn't involve the British Security Service in some way, that will be a missed opportunity.

Tamin on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a movie on netflix that i might not have seen and isn't terrible?

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Yes you've seen it but that is irrelevant because it's probably time you see it again

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Real tak Capcom vs SNK 2 is the best fighting game PERIOD

Best announcer and best music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlEdtXx4ym8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMq8koilKlA

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    you know the thing that gets me about the women in the military thread is that everyone in there makes it sound likes it's incredibly difficult to not have sex

this of course means that i am an utter badass and god among men for being as amazing as i am at not having sex

In the book The Forever War, sex between enlisted men and women is mandatory. They swap bunkmates every other night so everyone gets a turn with everyone.

this gives me an idea

You're going to hand out abstinence rings and hold Purity Balls?

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I was dah best at super street fighter 2 for SNES.
    Then I played someone who was actually good.
    Now I don't like fighting games.

this is not an uncommon experience

i feel like decent online play technology has been really good for avoiding this experience because (especially if you start playing at release with a new game) you will encounter a lot more new players, as well as the occasional skilled player, so you can see what it's like to be really good but also have fun against equivalent players

I'm not hardcore, I don't want to care which moves take 1/2 second longer to execute then a similar move, how big the hit boxes for all the characters,etc.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    is Nas from NYC?

Kendrick Lemaar would probably take top billing in most places

fuckin' Pitckfork

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

this gives me an idea

I am also good at this

We should start a .com

I feel like there's a growing market in remixing and remastering old 80s songs and laying some throbbing synth under them

Has Mim ever said hello from the Navy? Is she torpedoing Iranian ships yet?

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    The era of pink wigs is over.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Can someone recommend a movie on netflix that i might not have seen and isn't terrible?

Midnight Run.

seen it. good recommendation tho

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Cinders wrote: »

Troll Hunter!

seen it. kind of fun.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Also real talk Tekken 5 had the best fighting music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUxzHX0aQUE

This was some "shit just got real" fight music, end of the night stuff.

Oh brilliant
  • Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Community remix-song thing that adequately describes how utterly insane the show is.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/447854?playlist_id=1031&asset_scope=all

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2013

Have you seen Odds Against Tomorrow? It's a film noir caper in which a black musician and a bigot are forced to team up for a heist, so it's rife with racial tension.

I think it was even the first film of that genre to feature an African American, Harry Belafonte, in the lead role.

Robos A Go Go on
    I fucking loved the animated version of LotR when I was young. Watched it a million times, could match every line as it was spoken, and though its got some glaring flaws (whoops we spent all the money on animating hairy feet so the crowd is a still) I think it's pretty good. The voice cast is great.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I was dah best at super street fighter 2 for SNES.
    Then I played someone who was actually good.
    Now I don't like fighting games.

this is not an uncommon experience

i feel like decent online play technology has been really good for avoiding this experience because (especially if you start playing at release with a new game) you will encounter a lot more new players, as well as the occasional skilled player, so you can see what it's like to be really good but also have fun against equivalent players

I'm not hardcore, I don't want to care which moves take 1/2 second longer to execute then a similar move, how big the hit boxes for all the characters,etc.

it really doesn't require much technical knowledge, or any

most people just develop an intuitive sense of how things work through play (i bet after blanka bounces away when I block his rolling attack, I can do this move and hit him before he recovers...) and then as they gain more and more interest, they want to look deeper into the system and understand the mechanics of it

what it does require is an interest in playing any kind of competitive game that is designed for competition, which is definitely not interesting to many people

or at least not in most genres

Evil Multifarious on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

O_o

so have you read the book or is this just something Rush was warglebargling about at some point?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Nas pretty much pioneered NYC/East Coast rap, up there with Biggie. Illmatic is pretty much the defining NYC-style rap album in my eyes

spool32 wrote: »
    The era of pink wigs is over.
    Look I slaved away in GIMP for like ten minutes on this avatar

plus I think pink hair suits Howl

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

this gives me an idea

You're going to hand out abstinence rings and hold Purity Balls?

naw dogg

all i need to do is instil crippling social anxiety into the men, add a dash of fear of rejection

then hand out some video games to take up their free time

jobs a good 'un

$$$BANK$$$

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

It's not exactly mandatory.

Part of the plot was the idea that eventually people paired off into couples even if they were occasionally sleeping around, and that
    due to relativity, not getting assigned to the same postings at the same time was identical to death - you'll never see the other person alive again.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Nas pretty much pioneered NYC/East Coast rap, up there with Biggie. Illmatic is pretty much the defining NYC-style rap album in my eyes

yes, but Pitchfork

edited January 2013

Midnight Run.

seen it. good recommendation tho

Zaitochi. Or Narc, the film that made me think Joe Carnahan was going to be awesome.

Bogart on

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Yes you've seen it but that is irrelevant because it's probably time you see it again

you make a strong case

Wqdwp8l.png
    I fucking loved the animated version of LotR when I was young. Watched it a million times, could match every line as it was spoken, and though its got some glaring flaws (whoops we spent all the money on animating hairy feet so the crowd is a still) I think it's pretty good. The voice cast is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or8G_jDcLNo

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    @Jacobkosh

Do we know anything about Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay?

Because the trailer for Dead Island with the girl reversing through the window was an amazing trailer that apparently signified nothing about the game at all. So as cool as the Cyberpunk trailer is, it could have nothing to do with the game itself.

Netflix recommendation: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I also really liked The Queen of Versailles, which is the documentary about that timeshare magnate who tried to build the largest home in America only to have the housing market collapse in the middle of construction and throw his entire life into financial chaos.

It mostly focuses on his trophy wife, who's spent her life after marriage completely insulated from reality.

Robos A Go Go on

Have you seen Odds Against Tomorrow? It's a film noir caper in which a black musician and a bigot are forced to team up for a heist, so it's rife with racial tension.

I think it was even the first film of that genre to feature an African American, Harry Belafonte, in the lead role.

it has been ages since i've watched a buddy cop movie

Wqdwp8l.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.