As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City Conquest [iOS]

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited December 2012 in Indie Games
banner_960_640_new.png

City Conquest is now available in the iOS App Store for HD-capable devices (iPad 2+, iPhone 4+, and iPod Touch 4+)!

It's free to download, and the first 1/3 of the single-player campaign and the multiplayer are included in the free version.

The full game requires a single $4.99 in-app purchase to unlock. No additional downloads or purchases are required past the full-game unlock. No advertising, no in-game currency, no escalating in-app purchases, no shenanigans.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/city-conquest/id566901344?ls=1&mt=8

Trailer video (Vimeo): https://vimeo.com/53532160

Web: http://www.intelligenceenginestudios.com/cityconquest.htm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/City_Conquest
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CityConquestGame

1_autumn2_312.jpg2_sands2_312.jpg3_metallic2_312.jpg4_enclave_312.jpg5_alatok_312.jpg6_intro_312.jpg

City Conquest includes:
  • Competitive internet multiplayer support
  • Highly sophisticated AI opponents
  • A complete 14-mission single-player campaign, with all missions playable on Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty levels
  • A set of 6 additional "challenge missions" for expert-level players
  • 9 offensive unit types, all with 4 upgrade levels
  • 9 defensive tower types, most with 2-3 upgrade levels
  • 4 Mothership-based "game effects" (area-effect spells)
  • 100 achievements, plus an in-game achievements browser with per-category achievement filtering
  • An in-game help system with extensive gameplay hints and detailed help for all offensive and defensive units and Mothership effects
  • Resource-collection mechanics with two resource types (gold and crystals)
  • Territorial control and expansion mechanics
  • A bewildering variety of mission types, including defense-only (tower defense) missions, offense-only missions, swapping missions, bombardment missions, and combined missions (in which all offensive and
  • Combined arms tactics, including units that can shield, cloak, and repair other units
  • Hotseat (pass-and-play) multiplayer support

Tube on

• Options
    PaulTozourPaulTozour Registered User regular
    I'm the developer, and this space is reserved for my updates!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Hey all -- hope you'll all join us online; the multiplayer is free to play! Just download it and start a game or join one that's already been opened. I am usually in the lobby from 1-4 PM EST (11-1 PST) daily.

PaulTozour on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I downloaded it a couple days ago, it looks interesting and possibly very entertaining.

But end-of-semester projects are kind of absorbing any game-time I could possibly have around now, so haven't had a chance to play.

You aren't being ignored, though :D.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    I downloaded it a couple days ago, it looks interesting and possibly very entertaining.

But end-of-semester projects are kind of absorbing any game-time I could possibly have around now, so haven't had a chance to play.

You aren't being ignored, though :D.

Awesome. Looking forward to your feedback, kime!

• Options
  • Options
    FYI, update 1.102 is now out -- lots of multiplayer fixes and improvements, and it also includes a fix for a resolution bug that a minority of iPhone users were experiencing.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Played it and enjoyed it. Beat all the free levels except for the challenge level, which I had trouble surviving past the first wave haha.

It's a very nice concept, the melding of attack and defense, and I've always been a big fan of tower building. I also enjoyed the whole idea of expanding your territory to capture new resources and slowly destroy enemy buildings.

I had a bit of trouble with distinguishing between when to use certain things, specifically on the offense. I see that there was a blog post about that, though, so maybe I wasn't the only one?

I didn't try multiplayer (no Internet access when I played), so I'll have to try that next time. Overall, I think this was well done though, :^:

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ZenfarZenfar Registered User regular
    Looks amazing will check it out tonight! Are you happy with using the IAP / free model for your app?

• Options
    Played it and enjoyed it. Beat all the free levels except for the challenge level, which I had trouble surviving past the first wave haha.

It's a very nice concept, the melding of attack and defense, and I've always been a big fan of tower building. I also enjoyed the whole idea of expanding your territory to capture new resources and slowly destroy enemy buildings.

I had a bit of trouble with distinguishing between when to use certain things, specifically on the offense. I see that there was a blog post about that, though, so maybe I wasn't the only one?

Fantastic -- thanks for the feedback, Kime!

There are a few missions specifically designed to teach players the ins and outs of some of the offensive units, but the best thing to do is really to experiment with different combinations of units and see which ones are effective against which types of defenses.
    I didn't try multiplayer (no Internet access when I played), so I'll have to try that next time. Overall, I think this was well done though, :^:

OK, great -- Let us know what you think!

• Options
    Zenfar wrote: »
    Looks amazing will check it out tonight! Are you happy with using the IAP / free model for your app?

Thanks, Zenfar!

As for the IAP/free model: we probably could have made more money if we'd gone with the full-on monetization model and provided in-game currency or something like that. Our feeling was that we really didn't want to nickel-and-dime people for endless in-app purchases and make them feel like they were being extorted. That may have been the "right thing to do" from an ethical perspective, though not from a business perspective.

There's still the option of adding more IAPs later on down the road (say, additional missions or mission packs), but we haven't made a decision on that yet.

We will eventually drop the price on the full-game unlock to $3.99 as well.

We're finalizing the Android version right now, and we're planning to make that a free download supported by in-game advertising (and no IAP).

• Options
    Hi everybody -- Great news! We're out on Google Play now. It requires Ice Cream Sandwich or higher and a minimum resolution of 860x640.

Here's a link: http://t.co/LXZuBTwBUJ