As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IN DEE [CHAT] ABLE

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Shivahn wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    there are no ladies anywhere

Ravenhpltc24
    Shivahn

Raven is pseudotaken and I don't like men!

Sorry Elendil, you're doomed to die alone!

Don't forget me, I am also doomed to that fate

Nah you're gonna meet a pretty Japanese girl and get married and die together at the age of eighty.

Christ, I wish, I haven't met any available women here at all

or, you know, for the past half decade

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH I go through five year single periods too, I don't think it's a poor reflection on either of us.

It's everyone else not even looking at us because we're so glorious they have to cover their eyes, lest they be blinded.

I'm not claiming to be the only person in the world who goes through multiple years of dry spells (though for reference I'm currently on five years of zero anything, dates, smooches, etc)

It's just that it is hard not to look at the fact that nobody has found me attractive since I was 19 and not think it might just be a reflection of my inherent self

I don't really know you, but I know in my case people thought I was attractive and I didn't notice.

Anyway, this isn't one of those things I can just talk away but seriously, lack of people finding someone attractive always means they're around the wrong people, not that there's something wrong with them.

Man I am giving the most useless platitudes. They really are true though.

not to be all... I dunno what it would be to simon, but yeah, this is probably the case

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh, that's who i was thinking... rent

haha oh yeah

but seriously, fucking 200 pounds, i have curves in all the wrong places, i need to lose like 20 pounds..and then regain it in muscle

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Kana wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I have so much to learn.

Seriously, I am the last person you should be learning from.

I've had sex with one person. Like thirty or forty times probably. We were long distance so we only met a few times a year for a few days.

You can do the math if you want.

Also seriously, the only real thing that I learned is that if you experiment you both might find new things you like. That's the worst advice ever. It's "keep an open mind" with respect to boning.

I've had sex with 3 or 4 people.

But I've never been in any kind of real long-term relationship.

I feel the lack of the latter much more over the former.

For what it's worth, my only adult relationship was long distance so we really did only spend a total of a few months together over several years.

So I'm unsure how to classify it. It wasn't like, inferior to most relationships, it was just... a different set of struggles, and I wonder how much the experiences will carry over going forward.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Shitty is relative. The past isn't real. Just make the best of your position, whatever it is right now.

• Options
    I've never had anything i can really call a "relationship"

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    'Fake it until you make it' is some of the most helpful reasoning to ever take up residence in my cognition.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    who was the chatter who really, really hated fat people

TheNomadicCircle

To his credit, dude was pretty fit.

Wait that was the crazy fellow that attended York that Cass and I met, right?

Wee wee, monsyuer.

Surprisingly normal dude in person.

Though we didn't spend enough time with him to really probe into his madness.

Dude, come on, no one is like their internet persona in real life. Remember the PA comic? Anonymity + audience = total fuckwad.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    If push comes to shove [chat], the plan is we all pool our resources and live together in a compound. Grow our own food, solar panels, puppies&kittens, the works.

We're gonna be okay.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

How old are you again?

I had a multiple year girlfriend in high school but I'm not sure I'd count that. After that I didn't have a relationship for years, and again, it was different from most.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    "what's wrong"
    "uh... boy bands. There's just... far too many of them, don't you think?"

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    'Fake it until you make it' is some of the most helpful reasoning to ever take up residence in my cognition.

Science says if you pretend to be confident and happy, it makes you more confident and happy.

So fake it, indeed!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

TheNomadicCircle

Wee wee, monsyuer.

Dude, come on, no one is like their internet persona in real life. Remember the PA comic? Anonymity + audience = total fuckwad.

I've found making your av a picture of yourself helps!

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I know this isn't like a "real problem", but my roommate has the most annoying habit.

He invites people to stay and checks in with us. That's very nice.

But...

Then he's never here.

Like he asked if his friend could stay over because of apartment renovation and we were like, sure! Then...he went and slept at his girlfriend's?

Tonight he asked again. I'm setting up my comp and having a drink.

His friend is here. No idea where my roommate is. Now...I'm supposed to be the host? Fuck this.

• Options

This is good advice if you're in a brief sucky place, but I'm not sure how much it helps with deeper stuff, because it can be hard to even start faking it without help sometimes.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i think the major difference between internet-me and me-me (and there aren't many, imo) is that in person i am not nearly so crass. i come off that way here because i am around people who are themselves kind of filthy. face to face i only do that in the most relaxed of situations when everyone present is comfortable with that sort of talk. i cringe incredibly hard when young people feel entitled to talk about vulgar shit loud in restaurants or on the bus or whatever.

• Options

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

How old are you again?

I had a multiple year girlfriend in high school but I'm not sure I'd count that. After that I didn't have a relationship for years, and again, it was different from most.

twenty...

(counting)

one. Twenty-one.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I seriously had to count.

I am drunk.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    If push comes to shove [chat], the plan is we all pool our resources and live together in a compound. Grow our own food, solar panels, puppies&kittens, the works.

We're gonna be okay.

Living with [chat]ters? We would strangle each other to death by the third week.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

TheNomadicCircle

Wee wee, monsyuer.

I'm seriously not any different for reals than I am on here because I'm past the point in my life where I see any utility in that.

I am goofy and irritable.

I make jokes constantly and only about a third of them are remotely amusing.

I pretend to know something about everything.

Just like on here.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

Science says if you pretend to be confident and happy, it makes you more confident and happy.

So fake it, indeed!

I've been trying this and I think it's working, but mostly it's me making an effort to continue being happy after my recent euphoric events. It's working though.

(The trick is to fondle yourself while you fall asleep)

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

I'm sort of in the same boat. There were two guys in high school that were very fixed on having the "boyfriend" label despite the fact that they were the least qualified for it. No way was I ready for a relationship in high school. And I was never "official" with the two guys that I have cared about most since then. "Relationships" are a messy field for definition.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I am drunk.

You drink too much. Do what you will do eventually: stop, save your money and your liver.

You won't, known of us do until we're mid twenties and all your friends have moved on except the drunk losers...and you. D:

Caveman Paws on
  • Options

So fake it, indeed!

I've been trying this and I think it's working, but mostly it's me making an effort to continue being happy after my recent euphoric events. It's working though.

(The trick is to fondle yourself while you fall asleep)

This is 100% correct.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Honestly right now I'm not that worried about a relationship (although some sex would be nice, don't get me wrong)

I just want to get a job that's not minimum wage, finally get my associates and be able to start in on a bachelor's, and be able to start going back to the gym all the time.

Also it'd be nice if I could actually get out and start meeting people again, there's so little to do in my town and I so rarely have transportation I feel like a shut-in some weeks.

Also I wish I hadn't changed my sig to Magnum PI's naked hairy nipples.

That was a mistake

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

We're gonna be okay.

Living with [chat]ters? We would strangle each other to death by the third week.

All evidence points to [chat] being able to get along in person.

• Options
    I know this isn't like a "real problem", but my roommate has the most annoying habit.

He invites people to stay and checks in with us. That's very nice.

But...

Then he's never here.

Like he asked if his friend could stay over because of apartment renovation and we were like, sure! Then...he went and slept at his girlfriend's?

Tonight he asked again. I'm setting up my comp and having a drink.

His friend is here. No idea where my roommate is. Now...I'm supposed to be the host? Fuck this.

It's real enough that it bothers you.

And it never hurts to talk to people about stuff that bothers you so long as you don't make it about the person, but keep it about the issue.

• Options

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

How old are you again?

twenty...

(counting)

one. Twenty-one.

I have to count too. Sometimes.

I didn't have an adult relationship until after that.

Also you are young.

• Options
    Well, I say "never" with the presumption all parties are reasonable.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    "what's wrong"
    "uh... boy bands. There's just... far too many of them, don't you think?"

I have a plan to turn them into men

One at a time

• Options

TheNomadicCircle

Wee wee, monsyuer.

I'm seriously not any different for reals than I am on here because I'm past the point in my life where I see any utility in that.

I am goofy and irritable.

I make jokes constantly and only about a third of them are remotely amusing.

I pretend to know something about everything.

Just like on here.

I made a post hours ago when this came up and said basically the same thing.

• Options

We're gonna be okay.

All evidence points to [chat] being able to get along in person.

Just gotta keep the booze&blow flowing.

• Options
    Well, sort of.

• Options
    i think the major difference between internet-me and me-me (and there aren't many, imo) is that in person i am not nearly so crass. i come off that way here because i am around people who are themselves kind of filthy. face to face i only do that in the most relaxed of situations when everyone present is comfortable with that sort of talk. i cringe incredibly hard when young people feel entitled to talk about vulgar shit loud in restaurants or on the bus or whatever.

Yeah, I mean, if I'm ever crude or whatever, it's in company where I feel like people won't be bothered by it.

Which is how I feel about this place.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    i wish achewood still sold t shirts

I would get everyone in chat the depression one

• Options

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

I'm sort of in the same boat. There were two guys in high school that were very fixed on having the "boyfriend" label despite the fact that they were the least qualified for it. No way was I ready for a relationship in high school. And I was never "official" with the two guys that I have cared about most since then. "Relationships" are a messy field for definition.

oh no I have no problems with definitions here

either things that fit squarely into "fling" or things that fit squarely into "drunken mistakes"

or "unrequited love what are you even doing here already engaged even I'm better looking than your fiancee argh and oh godamnit he's a nice guy too now I can't even hate him why are you doing this to me"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

I never actually asked my ex out.

But um, we were almost married, and in the eyes of the law we were definitely common law!

Definitions are silly.

I am drunk.

You drink too much. Do what you will do eventually: stop, save your money and your liver.

You won't, known of us do until we're mid twenties and all your friends have moved on except the drunk losers...and you. D:

As a proud semi-native, I don't know what your post is saying.

You can't stop drinking. You just switch from beer and liquor to wine and sippin' liquor.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Yeah everyone is super reasonable, and we've been living together in peace for three years. And we're in the last month of our lease.

It's just funny to me at this point. Like, how does your brain work that way. "Hey can my friend stay here?" "Sure" "Okay well you take care of him while I go on with my life."

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    In real life, I am exactly the same as I am on here, only my repulsiveness is far more insidious

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    Honestly right now I'm not that worried about a relationship (although some sex would be nice, don't get me wrong)

I just want to get a job that's not minimum wage, finally get my associates and be able to start in on a bachelor's, and be able to start going back to the gym all the time.

Also it'd be nice if I could actually get out and start meeting people again, there's so little to do in my town and I so rarely have transportation I feel like a shut-in some weeks.

Also I wish I hadn't changed my sig to Magnum PI's naked hairy nipples.

That was a mistake

I was so happy when I didn't know that and only sort of parsed it as maybe some space dust.

This discussion has been closed.