As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IN DEE [CHAT] ABLE

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    if we all lived together I would probably have sucked everyone's dick within like, a month

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    'Fake it until you make it' is some of the most helpful reasoning to ever take up residence in my cognition.

Hey, I do something like that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjCfE1n6nW4

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    If push comes to shove [chat], the plan is we all pool our resources and live together in a compound. Grow our own food, solar panels, puppies&kittens, the works.

We're gonna be okay.

Living with [chat]ters? We would strangle each other to death by the third week.

All evidence points to [chat] being able to get along in person.

It's mostly fear-based respect, though. :rotate:

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I've never had anything i can really call a "relationship"

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

I'm sort of in the same boat. There were two guys in high school that were very fixed on having the "boyfriend" label despite the fact that they were the least qualified for it. No way was I ready for a relationship in high school. And I was never "official" with the two guys that I have cared about most since then. "Relationships" are a messy field for definition.

oh no I have no problems with definitions here

either things that fit squarely into "fling" or things that fit squarely into "drunken mistakes"

or "unrequited love what are you even doing here already engaged even I'm better looking than your fiancee argh and oh godamnit he's a nice guy too now I can't even hate him why are you doing this to me"

Guy I'm with now told me that he was engaged. He was with a girl for three years and they were going to get married, but it didn't work out. He has infinitely more relationship experience than I can conceive at this point. Kind of intimidating.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

I'm sort of in the same boat. There were two guys in high school that were very fixed on having the "boyfriend" label despite the fact that they were the least qualified for it. No way was I ready for a relationship in high school. And I was never "official" with the two guys that I have cared about most since then. "Relationships" are a messy field for definition.

Don't bother with definition! Make sure you both know what you and the other wants and what is expected, and then you have what you have, and it's awesome and custom-made.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    In real life, I am exactly the same as I am on here, only my repulsiveness is far more insidious

You have a big hairy spider in your sig. You can't top that level of repulsiveness irl.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Like seriously, every time you start thinking about definitions and what makes something a 'real' X just stop and reevaluate everything based on the facts without regards to categories.

That is my suggestion as the hugest hypocrite ever.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    If push comes to shove [chat], the plan is we all pool our resources and live together in a compound. Grow our own food, solar panels, puppies&kittens, the works.

We're gonna be okay.

Living with [chat]ters? We would strangle each other to death by the third week.

We'll all learn jujitsu and it'll be great!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Yeah everyone is super reasonable, and we've been living together in peace for three years. And we're in the last month of our lease.

It's just funny to me at this point. Like, how does your brain work that way. "Hey can my friend stay here?" "Sure" "Okay well you take care of him while I go on with my life."

Well, I suppose it's possible there's no real expectation for you to entertain the friend.

Like the friend just needs somewhere to be, but doesn't want to be in the way or anything.

Maybe.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

which kinda sucks!

but like, circumstance

so whateverrrrrr

How old are you again?

I had a multiple year girlfriend in high school but I'm not sure I'd count that. After that I didn't have a relationship for years, and again, it was different from most.

twenty...

(counting)

one. Twenty-one.

I have to count too. Sometimes.

I didn't have an adult relationship until after that.

Also you are young.

no shit.
    I seriously had to count.

I am drunk.

You drink too much. Do what you will do eventually: stop, save your money and your liver.

You won't, known of us do until we're mid twenties and all your friends have moved on except the drunk losers...and you. D:

it's a friday, man!

also the drinking too much was just a cover.

I have to count sometimes when I'm sober too.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

We're gonna be okay.

Most of my intimidation comes through sheer volume.

Like, I'm not a loud dude, but I can be.

I've never had to resort to violence because of it!

Also because I am a fairly rational person.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Like seriously, every time you start thinking about definitions and what makes something a 'real' X just stop and reevaluate everything based on the facts without regards to categories.

Yeah but... this has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past. I thought I had something that evidently wasn't there from his side. I kind of want to say "will you be my boyfriend?" to Boy and hope that it comes off as endearing.

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    In real life, I am exactly the same as I am on here, only my repulsiveness is far more insidious

You have a big hairy spider in your sig. You can't top that level of repulsiveness irl.

Challenge accepted

(also it is a spider crab)

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    if we all lived together I would probably have sucked everyone's dick within like, a month

I have it on good authority that syndalis and nexus do this every "sausage saturday"

Deebaser on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    god i am loving DayZ so much

so much you guys

so much

• Options
    for real answer:

No I don't.

I don't drink too much. I drink often and I drink a bunch when I do, because the friends I've got now drink often and we drink a bunch when we do.

But like, shit, I've had far more unhealthy drinking habits before when I was drinking far less.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular

Damnit, what am I supposed to do with this erection for one month?

• Options

Yeah but... this has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the fast. I thought I had something that evidently wasn't there from his side. I kind of want to say "will you be my boyfriend?" to Boy and hope that it comes off as endearing.

It has? Well I mean, that's why you need to set it up explicitly. I mean "boyfriend" means different things to different people too, so you'll want to go over that anyway...

Also that would be totally adorable and you should do that.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    In real life I'm naturally pretty introverted, like even around my friends I usually prefer to be a listener rather than a talker. But I also used to coach speech and debate and I've worked in the hospitality industry for years, so I can play a pretty charming fucker for a while, it's just kind of tiring.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

Yeah but... this has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the fast. I thought I had something that evidently wasn't there from his side. I kind of want to say "will you be my boyfriend?" to Boy and hope that it comes off as endearing.

Here's precisely how the conversation goes down.

You two are doing whatever, sitting together, cuddled up, all that jazz. While you only half have his attention, say "So what are we, anyway?"

"Hmm?" He'll respond, distracted by the movie / TV show / strippers.

"Like, are we boyfriend / girlfriend, or...?"

"Oh! Hmm, yeah, that sounds good."

And then your romantic evening at the strip club continues.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    In real life I'm naturally pretty introverted, like even around my friends I usually prefer to be a listener rather than a talker. But I also used to coach speech and debate and I've worked in the hospitality industry for years, so I can play a pretty charming fucker for a while, it's just kind of tiring.

Teach me how to schmooze, Kana.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

We're gonna be okay.

Are you trying to be loud and intim, or are people getting intim when you get loud?

You seem even keel to me.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

We're gonna be okay.

:winky:

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Been catching up on Alias on Netflix. God, I missed watching this show.

• Options

You two are doing whatever, sitting together, cuddled up, all that jazz. While you only half have his attention, say "So what are we, anyway?"

alternatively

say

"will you be my boyfriend?"

because if he is anything like me it would be too cute and his heart would melt and any and all aversion to commitment wouldn't matter because saying no would be like pushing a puppy through a meat grinder

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

We're gonna be okay.

Are you trying to be loud and intim, or are people getting intim when you get loud?

intim is norwegian for intimate

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

That's pretty much textbook introvert, yeah.

I'm fairly gregarious for periods of time and then I sort of crash and just want to read a book in a ball on the floor for a couple days. It goes in waves.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    simon, please stop. Self-deprecation is one thing, but this is outright self-hatred, and it's just hurting you. I liked it when we played Borderlands last year; you were congenial and shit. You're not an awful person, so don't believe you are.

• Options

Ewww. I could never say "so what are we, anyway?" I will need to come up with a scripted game plan of how to breach this topic of conversation. Also he is attentive as fuck.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Who goes to a strip club to watch TV shows and movies?

• Options

Ewww. I could never say "so what are we, anyway?" I will need to come up with a scripted game plan of how to breach this topic of conversation. Also he is attentive as fuck.

my for real advice is be as adorable as possible about it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

We're gonna be okay.

Mostly the former. I'm often pretty quiet in person, actually (unless I've had a few, then I can get kinda sloppy with the volume knob).

So when I AM loud, I can kind of use it as an instrument of intimidation if that's my goal.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simon, please stop. Self-deprecation is one thing, but this is outright self-hatred, and it's just hurting you. I liked it when we played Borderlands last year; you were congenial and shit. You're not an awful person, so don't believe you are.

When that's reflected in real life, I'll believe it

• Options

When that's reflected in real life, I'll believe it

how do you expect it to be reflected in real life?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Anyway, I've been warned by the mods in the past about being a sad sack, so I will stop posting about it and just dwell on it internally

back to your regularly scheduled cat pictures

• Options

Just ask him adorably!

It will be adorable!

I mean everyone here says it will be and we have good tastes in adorable.

Look at how many of our awesomes are from pictures of kittens.

• Options

Who goes to a strip club to watch TV shows and movies?

The scenario kinda went off the tracks pretty quickly.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwSzPtaK03M

It is a goddamn shame we lost this beautiful crazy bastard.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Ravenhpltc24 make the new chat!

@Kana is backup!

Geth, close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.