As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 1/23/13: Yeah, great. Sounds fascinating.

13»

• Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Having only recently jumped onboard with newer, current Marvel comics, I'm hoping someone can clear something up for me with Avengers:
    Who was the chick with the afro (I'm guessing it's not Misty Knight) that made Ex Nihilo and crew back down? Is she new or is she an existing character?
    The character herself is new, but her superpowers are called the Uni-Power, an enigmatic force in the Marvel Universe that basically empowers random people in times of great need. When empowered, these people are called Captain Universe. I'd be willing to bet that this will all be explained for new readers eventually, though.
    I'm pretty sure Hickman has said that the next three issues will each individually focus on Hyperion, Smasher, and Captain Universe, so we should get a lot of that explaining very soon.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    As an aside, Captain Universe is a great superhero name

• Options
    And Opena draws the costume so well holy shit

• Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    earthspidercosmic3.jpg

• Options
    Much as I love Captain Unispider

Opena's Captain Universe is the best the design has ever looked

all shimmering with starlight

might use Opena's Avengers for a new av/sig actually

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The starlight-shimmering design and the crazy non-sequiturs just made me think of Starman from Justice Society

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    One of the mounts in Rift is how I always pictured Captain Universes suit would look if animated
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PlP94MQnbY

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Isn't that how Quasar's cape worked? (Or at least one of the Quasar's. I don't remember if it was Wendell, Phyla-vell or Richard who had that cape)

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Yes. Wendell Vaughn's cape worked like that. It's also how Mar-Vell appeared when he used his Cosmic Sense, and how he was drawn in the Ultimate universe. I also recall Alex Ross drawing a version of Captain Marvel for Marvels that was probably the basis of the Ultimate Captain Marvel look.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It's also like the DC One Million Starman.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Prophet #33; Whatever Happened to the Maximum Man?
    xA5QNNB.jpg

The fact that Brandon Graham and his collaborators have really succeeded at wringing genuine pathos out of characters like Badrock, Diehard, and Supreme, is amazing. I'm sure this moment wouldn't have as much impact, had I not read Alan Moore's Supreme run, but damn.

This guy was Earth's mightiest hero, and he died an ugly death, and the only person who still remembers his name, is the memory of a man, stuck in a machine.

And this moment was sandwiched between two poop jokes.

Harbinger #8; The mind of a teenage boy, is a Hell of a thing.
    QZfL4Gh.jpg