As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2013 Pax Parties!

KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
Another PAX is coming upon us. Figured I'd start this thread now since we're 60 days out! :D

Know of a PAX party? Let me know! I'll be updating the OP as info trickles in. (Here's the link to last year's thread so you get an idea: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/138204/east-pax-east-parties/p1)

Thursday:
Mad Catz Unveiled (21+) SOLD OUT 9:00 pm - 1:00 am (Guilt, 275 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02116) tickets $50.00
Destroy Boston: The Official Structure Gaming Pre-Pax Pub Crawl (21+) 10:00 pm - 1:00 am (Pub crawl, see Facebook link for locations)
Rock Band Night: Presented by Harmonix and The Brattle SOLD OUT 8:00 pm (The Brattle Theatre, 40 Brattle St., Cambridge MA 02138) tickets $20
Arcade Rave 3 Dance Party (18+) 9:00 pm - 1:00 am (Tommy Doyle's, 93 Winthrop Street, Cambridge, MA) Tickets range from $4.95 to $20 depending on time of buying tickets, age, and VIP package.
The Thread/Mos Eisley Girls Bar Crawl (21+) 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm (Pub crawl, 7-8pm - The Point; 8-9pm - Bell in Hand; 9-10pm - Hennessey's; 10-11pm - The Tap)

Friday:
Indies Need Booze (21+) SOLD OUT 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm (The Asgard, 350 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139) tickets free, RSVP at link "This event is a chance to meet indie developers in their natural element of drinking beer and having fun with other gamers!"
Turbine Pax East Fan Appreciation Party! (21+) 8:30 PM to 12:30 PM "First 200 people through the door, we’ll buy your first drink (beer, wine, or soft drinks)! You do not need a PAX East pass to attend, but you must have your invitation/tickets from Turbine to enter the event. You must RSVP to receive your tickets. Send requests to rsvp@turbine.com" (Jillians Lucky Strike, 145 Ipswich Street, Boston, MA 02215)
Dirty Nerdy Review (21+) 11:00 pm (Davis Square Theater, 255 Elm Street, Somerville, MA 02114)
Undead Labs PAX Gathering (21+?) 8:00 pm - ? (W Hotel, 100 Stuart St Boston, MA 02116)
SugarDVD‘s PAX East party (21+) 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm "Show up with your badge and get free booze and sweets" (Bar10 in the Westin,10 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116)
SPRING FLING & PAX EAST 2013 AFTERPARTY (21+) 10:00 pm - 2:00 am "Ladies FREE before 11 with RSVP; 21+ only; No Hats or Sneakers - Dress to Impress; RSVP: 978-621-7592" (Royale, 279 Tremont St., Boston, MA 02116)

Saturday:
IGN: Let's Hang Out at PAX East 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm ("TBD - At this exact moment, the IGN Party Time Strike Force is securing a location for fun times.")
Sanshee Block Party (21+) 8:00 pm - 2:00 am (Vintage Lounge, 72 Broad St., Boston, MA 02110) tickets $15.00
CCP Player Gathering (21+) SOLD OUT 8:00 pm - 12:00 am (Jillians Lucky Strike, 145 Ipswich Street, Boston, MA 02215) tickets free, RSVP at link (As of this writing, there are 77 tickets left!)
Curse's WildStar PAX East After Party (18+) 9:00 pm - 2:00 am "The best part about the Curse WildStar PAX East After Party? It's completely free! All you have to do is RSVP to receive your free ticket and you're good to go. Everyone receives two free drinks on the house, as well. Who doesn't like free drinks?" (Seaport Boston Hotel, 1 Seaport Lane, Boston, MA 02210)
BioShock Cosplay Contest (21+) Just like last year, this is a contest that you have to be seen cosplaying something BioShock related at PAX, and be chosen by an Irrational employee to be invited to the party. Time and location unknown (as in super secret)!
The Elder Scrolls Online: 347th Tamriel Beer Garden (13+) 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm (The Castle Meeting Place, 100 Columbus Ave., Boston, MA 02116)

Sunday:
The Protomen, MC Frontalot, Br1ght Pr1mate (Chiptune/Chipmusic/Futurepop), The World is Square (SquareSoft/Enix VGM Folk Band) 7:00 pm (Middle East Downstairs, 472-480 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139) tickets $15.00

Ln5yLL7.png
Krissta on

• Options
    scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    I'm very interested in this thread...looking forward to the party scene!

sig.php?id=222
  • Options
    I'm very interested in this thread...looking forward to the party scene!

Me, too. Absolutely adore PAX, and love cutting loose with everyone! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    satyr16satyr16 Registered User regular
    Never been to any sort of party outside PAX. So this year is a must for a newbie partier.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Totally was looking for this thread today looks like i got my wish. So far havent seen any parties announced yet though

• Options
    EchoZero wrote: »
    Totally was looking for this thread today looks like i got my wish. So far havent seen any parties announced yet though
    You make me feel like I have a true purpose here. <3 Haha!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Harmonix normally does a Rock Band Night the night before PAX at the Brattle, nothing announced yet though.

• Options
    Harmonix normally does a Rock Band Night the night before PAX at the Brattle, nothing announced yet though.
    Yeah, I checked the Brattle's website, but their online calendar ends at the end of February.

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    BodenBoden Registered User regular
    Went to a few parties from the thread last year and had a blast!

• Options
    GoodFriendAliGoodFriendAli A Lady Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Hoping/wishing/praying that Curse throws another party this year! :3

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Hoping that World of Tanks decides a second birthday is worth celebrating too :) ..

Came across this on a quick search - seems it might be just for exhibitors or game devs, but what do I know?

PAX East 'Made in MA' Party 2013
    March 21, 2013, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
    Microsoft NERD Center, Cambridge, MA

http://paxparty2013-rss.eventbrite.com/#

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    World of Tanks and Cursed were amazing last year. That was my first year doing parties and my friends and I had a blast. I have been waiting for this thread! Can't wait to see everyone out there again!

• Options
    TdarTURboTdarTURbo Registered User regular
    That World of Tanks party was awesome but I was not aware of the cupcakes, due to how loud and dark it was.

• Options
    AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular
    vttym wrote: »
    Hoping that World of Tanks decides a second birthday is worth celebrating too :) ..

Came across this on a quick search - seems it might be just for exhibitors or game devs, but what do I know?

That's for exhibitors and game developers only :(

• Options
    Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    Been waiting for this thread to pop up! Just turned 21 last month so i'm definitely gonna be searching for parties. Wasn't fun being at the Curse open-bar party last year being 20 y/o..

If I come across anything on the webs, i'll post here! Party on, friends :)

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    this is not necessarily a pax party but its on the same day its over in rhode island http://www.tightcrew.net/ddr-2nd-mix.html its a ddr themed rave i know the guys who put them on and i've attended two of them as a vender and they are always a blast

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Didn't get to attend any parties last year (don't know if the Extra Credits meet-up counted considering it mostly consisted of guys listening to James talk), but will be on the lookout this year.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

Looking at it again, I think it's intended for that audience, but tickets are purchasable for $55.. they're just free if you have a coupon code from a member. So technically, you could go.

• Options
    acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Also, there's a pre PAX East forum member's dinner...

Pre PAX East Forum Dinner

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think that the PPD has ever been included in this list :P

• Options
    AboutLastNightAboutLastNight Whitney Registered User regular

Looking at it again, I think it's intended for that audience, but tickets are purchasable for $55.. they're just free if you have a coupon code from a member. So technically, you could go.

Tickets are purchasable for $55.00 or if you have a TLC membership, which can cost $1,000. It's honestly not really a party rather than a press conference for networking. I'd hardly compare it to a Curse or Rockband party, not worth the money unless you work in the gaming industry or go to school for gaming.

• Options
    RevGutterRevGutter Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The "Made in MA" event or something similar seems to get brought up every year. It's not really a party but more of an industry event to have some drinks and do a little networking.
    It's probably early to see anything. Looking back we did usually have a few things posted by now though. Surprised about harmonix though, they usually post about that pretty early. After what happened last year I wonder if Gamers Gone Wild will be returning.

RevGutter on
  • Options
    CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Parties I expect to see again this year:

Made in MA Party - This draws about 1,000 people on Thursday night, it's supposed to be industry-only with MA game devs and PAX exhibitors.
    Riot Party - They usually have a LoL-themed party with fans on Saturday.
    Pokecrawl - Thursday night before the show. Last year we had 400 people split into eight teams (two teams for each starting color).
    Wargaming.net (World of Tanks) party - As other people have said, these Russians know how to crush parties. Last year we had Pete Tong play at a club downtown, they had Diplo at their party for GDC last year, it was pretty nuts.

e2TtnRd.png
  • Options
    craigumscraigums Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    I might try to go to the made in MA one, sadly I didn't get a chance to make it last year :(

craigums on
  • Options
    World of Tanks and Cursed put on amazing parties this year. I already purchased my official party shirt for this year!

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Is there ever a forum hosted party? Even if it isnt something official, just a club/lounge where all forumers meet?

• Options
    There hasn't been for east yet. For Prime, @Arco hosts the amazing Post PAX Party. Someone tried to get one going last year, but it started up a bit too late to get the requisite number of people to book the venue.

• Options
    I'm wondering if Irrational Games will have another meetup. Part of me says yes, because BioShock Infinite isn't out until March 26, but I know they'll be busting ass trying to get everything out! The selfish part of me wants one, but I know how crunch time works, and I don't want them to be exhausted. :(

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    RevGutter wrote: »
    The "Made in MA" event or something similar seems to get brought up every year. It's not really a party but more of an industry event to have some drinks and do a little networking.
    It's probably early to see anything. Looking back we did usually have a few things posted by now though. Surprised about harmonix though, they usually post about that pretty early. After what happened last year I wonder if Gamers Gone Wild will be returning.

I hope that Gamers Gone Wild does happen this year. I couldn't believe all the trouble they had with Felt. :(

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    this is not necessarily a pax party but its on the same day its over in rhode island http://www.tightcrew.net/ddr-2nd-mix.html its a ddr themed rave i know the guys who put them on and i've attended two of them as a vender and they are always a blast

Since it's so far away, I don't think I'm going to list it. But thanks for the info!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options

Yeah, since it's for exhibitors and game devs, I'm going to leave this out. But it's good for those who are in the industry! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

It's because it's fan-based! Haha! I'm trying to keep this thread about parties hosted by gaming companies, or parties that have a host, not just a get-together. ;)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    Krissta wrote: »
    zerzhul wrote: »

It's because it's fan-based! Haha! I'm trying to keep this thread about parties hosted by gaming companies, or parties that have a host, not just a get-together. ;)

I agree with that sentiment.

• Options
    CatalepticalCataleptical New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Although we missed out on all the nighttime PAX events, the parties were awesome. We hit the Hitman and Sanshee parties. Drinks and SWAG! Hopefully Irrational does another one (and one for non-cosplayers).

379by4cj0i1l.png
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    it upsets 19 year old me that many of the parties seem to be 21+ :( . I like to party too everyone

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    the World of Tank party last year was insane! I hope they have another one this year

• Options
    MarkJWMarkJW Registered User regular
    Personally I thought the WoT party last year was poorly hosted by the venue. Too little space.

I love the San Fran WoT (Wargaming.net America) crew though, so I can't really blame them. It was their birthday party after all! :)

PAX Prime 2013 Checklist   ➤   ✔ Enforcer Badge   ✔ Hotel   ✔ Flight

ArcheAge News
    ArcheAge Forums
  • Options
    miker525 wrote: »
    it upsets 19 year old me that many of the parties seem to be 21+ :( . I like to party too everyone

unfortunately most of the parties are open bar, but there are quite a few in clubs and things that are 18+. I guarantee you'll find at least a couple that you can party at!

• Options
    angrymonkeyfightangrymonkeyfight Captain Awesome Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I haven't seen it officially announced yet, but Boston's "The Thread" podcast will be hosting a Pre-PAX Bar Crawl on Thursday evening from 7-11pm somewhere around Faneuil Hall. They are going to be giving away prizes like a NECA Bioshock Infinite SkyHook replica and a Machinarium plushee. I'm probably going to sign-up whenever they post something.

• Options
    HerbapetHerbapet Registered User new member
    Im very excited. I've never been able to make it to the harmonix party, so im doing my best to go this year.

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    There is alot of talk of "Last years parties were awesome" or "I hope (insert name here) has a party again" but not alot of "This person is having a party at this time and this place this year"......

:(

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
This discussion has been closed.