As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

Let me emphasize this. try to attack someone tonight, you silly

you clearly don't trust them

So attack.

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, on the propulsion deck...

tumblr_m1kbxeDk511r4lquro1_400.png

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Based on my role info, people attacking today wouldn't be able to kill someone anyway unless five people got the same guy. Crewmen just get peashooters

But the random aspect of village vigging if they aren't in the room does mean we should hold off today.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I did not make this clear anywhere, but the 'available interactions' in your status PM can have two marks preceding them.
    Those marked with a dash (-) are available to anyone.
    Those marked with an asterisk (*) are considered advanced functions.

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I agree, not attacking is the best bet for now

also my character name is pretty funny

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I rub my balls on the sword

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    *rolls*
    You successfully rub your balls on the sword.

I WON AT DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS! AND IT WAS ADVANCED!

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Man, you should of given him the critical failure.

I was constrained by the demands of the script.

In this case, TRV's balls had plot armour.

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Dark-Helmet.jpg

How many assholes we got on this ship anyhow?

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular

edited January 2013
    I cast shape change on Megafrost

Erin The Red on
    premium wrote: »
    If there are multiple conflicting interactions to a subsystem, they will be resolved as follows:
    Activations->Repairs->Sabotages

So if a subsystem is damaged and one person each does Activations, Repairs and Sabotages,
    then the subsystem will be repaired and immediately sabotaged again?

You probably cant activate a damaged subsystem.
    So Activation would fail, and then it would be repaired, and then immediately broken again. I think?

S̻͇̟̣͓͈Ṗ͉͈̭̮ͦ̒͋̓̇Ḁ͇̌̎C͕̙̿̎ͮE̯̫̫̠̬ͮ̾ͭͥ̔ͮ ̠̜̣̽ͫ̄̋͆̀M̞Â̲̖̭͈̺̺̅ͅḒ͇͎̰̈ͮ̌ͫ̔̋N̘͈̗̼ͬ̓̆̒̊̾E̯̪̺͔ͭ̂̐ͣS͎̺̝̤ͮ̈́S̜̾̽͛́͊
    ̝͔̞̻̙̘̤͛͐͐ͭ̔ͩ̌

You probably cant activate a damaged subsystem.
    So Activation would fail, and then it would be repaired, and then immediately broken again. I think?

Either that or I'm misinterpreting it and only one action gets done on the subsystem, which would mean it gets repaired.

Megafrost wrote: »
    gets repaired.

....ets.....epaired

......repair

.....rep

If there are multiple conflicting interactions to a subsystem, they will be resolved as follows:

So if a subsystem is damaged and one person each does Activations, Repairs and Sabotages,

An attempt to use, or activate the subsystem would fail as it is already damaged. Then it would be repaired. Then it would be broken again the same night.

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    whoops

The Anonymous on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    How am I supposed to study anything with the lights off? This is intolerable! I will be writing a very strongly worded message to the Navy when we get home!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    ya, uh, lights're off, folks. srry 'bout that, somebdy should, uh, take a look at those, you know.

lights bein' off are pretty bad, guys; only weirdos'd want lights t'be off.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
    uh, don't look like any o'the spots we c'n getta would have spot to fix lights. maybe we can't fix'em...

An attempt to use, or activate the subsystem would fail as it is already damaged. Then it would be repaired. Then it would be broken again the same night.

Thanks.

Gentlemen, I was initially thinking that only the mafia would want subsystems damaged. But it occured to me that they might have some nefarious use for systems that are repaired. Any thoughts along those lines?

• BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Someone mathy check me on this.

The plan: every day, we each name two rooms that we might be in. One is correct, one isn't.

If the mafia lie: using the totals posted for how many players are in each room, we'll be able to suss out short lists of possible liars. Using coordinated shots, we'll be able to test rooms for specific players to further narrow our suspects.

If they don't lie: we'll have short lists of possible saboteurs.

But doesn't this give the mafia free kills? Nope. Since each player is still listing two rooms, the mafia still has to take 50-50 odds on their shots. And any unauthorized shooting will indicate mafia presence anyway.

Mathy people, am I missing anything here?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    D'pends lots on what these system things do, an' I'n't know a lot bout em.

So we're all going to abstain from randomly attacking in this game. Riiiiiight?

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    That sounds like a smart move...

Everyone just put down your wrenches.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    Bradicus for going over my helmet.

No sir! I did not just see you playing with dolls again!

Good!

Will the narration reveal where dead players were located when they died?

Good!

Yes

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Kime

Remember rules 1 and 2 of phalla. He's a shifty earth bender and we're surrounded by space rocks!

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Fuck it, I think it's a good plan and I'd like to get things rolling early.

I'm in one of these rooms: Bridge, Propulsion.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Yes.... put down guns... back into the shadows for safety

Good!

Yes

Awesome.

Alright, here is some of what I'm thinking. It will be a lot easier to track down mafia if we know which rooms people are in. But thanks to the above and the fact that movement comes last in order of operations, we may be able to get away with nobody revealing location today since the people who live will be able to talk tomorrow and the dead won't need to.

Anyone have anything to add to the above, or contradicting opinions?

I'd be inclined to suggest that everyone should consider saying where they were last night as a general principle. That said, I think we're going to want to see how the mafia kill works before we start committing to a course of action. If they seem to be able to skewer people without regard for their location, then maybe hiding loses a bit of its usefulness except as regards to green-on-green violence.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I sure wish I were alive in the other Phallas, or that people were awake here talking
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Seriously, though: I know that we all have these sidearms and so on, but with no knowledge of who's in your zone (and presumably a distinct inability to fire into adjacent zones) we're hopefully going to be able to keep the green vs green violence to a minimum. Unless one of the attack options is spray and pray.

Let me emphasize this. If you try to attack someone tonight, you are being incredibly silly

Remember, you don't know who is in your zone, and if you try to attack an invalid target, your attack just goes off randomly (which is clearly not ideal). Even if someone tells you where they are, if you are wanting to attack them that means you clearly don't trust them, so you shouldn't trust that their info is legit.

So don't attack.

I completely agree with Kime. All you'll be doing is making the saboteur's job easier as you'll most likely be hurting loyal members of the crew.

Additionally, because I feel that open sharing of information always benefits us more than them, I'm in Engineering.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Someone mathy check me on this.

The plan: every day, we each name two rooms that we might be in. One is correct, one isn't.

If the mafia lie: using the totals posted for how many players are in each room, we'll be able to suss out short lists of possible liars. Using coordinated shots, we'll be able to test rooms for specific players to further narrow our suspects.

If they don't lie: we'll have short lists of possible saboteurs.

But doesn't this give the mafia free kills? Nope. Since each player is still listing two rooms, the mafia still has to take 50-50 odds on their shots. And any unauthorized shooting will indicate mafia presence anyway.

Mathy people, am I missing anything here?

Other than the fact that the saboteur's can ignore this completely. They know who they are, how many people are in a room, and which of their allies is in that room with them. Assuming that you won't randomly shoot yourself, if you're the only mafia in the room you can just pray and spray and be guaranteed to hurt a loyal crew member. If there's one saboteur with you, and say 6 loyal crew members in the room, it's very low odds that you'll hit your ally. And unless your weapon causes instant death, it's extremely unlikely that your ally would be taken out by your shot.