As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fight Games] Get ready for SoCal Regionals all weekend!

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    but i finished the project i was "contracted" for so my thursdays should be free which would mean i would be able to actually go to WNF now

you won't do it though

will you

FOUR-EYES

my soulcalibur friend just got a fighting edge for christmas and i gave him the fighting game bug (or so he claims now) so i'm gonna take him to task with Tag 2, that way I would at least have someone to go with which would do a lot to make me go back (i went one week once alone and i hated it) and then i could play it and SF4

also @Theodore Floosevelt should go/could come too!

lfYVHTd.png
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    take a taxi scrub
    i don't have any god damn money folken

Get a job.

Scrub.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    if sagat didn't have the slowest dash in fighting game history i'd probably pick him up for funsies

dhalsim would like to have a word with you.

ALSO WHY IS NOBODY PLAYIN UMVC3

I just got off but I do own it. I have not played it, however, since vegas, and disclaim myself as terrible and basically the worst.

Swordfights do you have a playing in person "thing"

I have the opposite. In my own living room I literally become a pillar of salt. my neck actually hurts after a bad online set. I say shit that would make a russian human trafficker blush. In person? I don't really give a fuck. I don't play all that much better but I feel no real anxiety. Maybe because I'm a loud drunk the size of a midsize family sedan? I dunno.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    take a taxi scrub

Get a job.

Scrub.
    well actually

right now it would require 3500 dollars so i can get my car fixed and pay my deductible and insurance premiums
    but i finished the project i was "contracted" for so my thursdays should be free which would mean i would be able to actually go to WNF now

lfYVHTd.png
    i've got pretty severe anxiety in certain situations

something like wnf is one of them

lfYVHTd.png
  • KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    if sagat didn't have the slowest dash in fighting game history i'd probably pick him up for funsies

I just got off but I do own it. I have not played it, however, since vegas, and disclaim myself as terrible and basically the worst.

I have the opposite. In my own living room I literally become a pillar of salt. my neck actually hurts after a bad online set. I say shit that would make a russian human trafficker blush. In person? I don't really give a fuck. I don't play all that much better but I feel no real anxiety. Maybe because I'm a loud drunk the size of a midsize family sedan? I dunno.

well you should probably just play other things. umvc3 is probably one of the worst games to pickup because it teaches you nothing about anything else. :(

• JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular

well you should probably just play other things. umvc3 is probably one of the worst games to pickup because it teaches you nothing about anything else. :(

I do like it visually, stylistically, though, I'd like to learn something about it. The few games I've played, I've made horrible "theme teams" like "all these guys have a sword" or "people that are green"

I've made horrible "theme teams" like "all these guys have a sword"

son

you would make sanford kelly proud

lfYVHTd.png
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Ggs Asharaxx. Gotta get some food.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I have a hard time framing UMVC3s freedom as "enabling creativity" instead of "cheap setups the game"

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    take a taxi scrub

Get a job.

Scrub.
    well actually

right now it would require 3500 dollars so i can get my car fixed and pay my deductible and insurance premiums

So many excuses.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    I have a hard time framing UMVC3s freedom as "enabling creativity" instead of "cheap setups the game"

it enables you to be creative in finding progressively cheaper and cheaper setups

six years from now games of marvel will be decided within 0.8 seconds based off whoever gets the first hit

i've got pretty severe anxiety in certain situations

something like wnf is one of them

That sucks dude.

I get these super migraines and people are always recommending stupid shit for it like "have you tried cutting back on green beans? Dr Oz says they cause headaches"

Do people do that to you?

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Vergil and Dante are so sick it's hard for me to ever give up on it.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    . The few games I've played, I've made horrible "theme teams" like "all these guys have a sword" or "people that are green"

One of my favourite theme teams is Dorm/Strange/Shuma. aka "Keep your enemies closer".

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    You about ready yet Frawrst?

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Home in 40 ish

Toronto public transit

J3qcnBP.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    okay so if there was a character that played like Slayer from Guilty Gear in AE

who would that be

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

you won't do it though

will you

FOUR-EYES

my soulcalibur friend just got a fighting edge for christmas and i gave him the fighting game bug (or so he claims now) so i'm gonna take him to task with Tag 2, that way I would at least have someone to go with which would do a lot to make me go back (i went one week once alone and i hated it) and then i could play it and SF4

where is WNF, anyhow

f2ojmwh3geue.png

you won't do it though

will you

FOUR-EYES

where is WNF, anyhow

Super Arcade in Walnut

okay so if there was a character that played like Slayer from Guilty Gear in AE

who would that be

oh jeez um

what aspect of slayer's game in particular are you looking for in an AE character? dandy step craziness?

play yang do it

lfYVHTd.png
    Abelabelabelabelabel

J3qcnBP.png
    I would say Dudley plays the most like Slayer? Sort of?

You don't get a forward step cross-up though.

yang, juri, guy, oni, and cody are my recommendations to you

lfYVHTd.png
    abel doesn't play like slayer!!

i'd say guy or yang

makoto

lfYVHTd.png
    actually...

yeah i think makoto is pretty goddamn close

lfYVHTd.png
    Theodore my endorsement goes to Makoto 100%

lfYVHTd.png
    yang has a command dash, command grab, and rekkas

slayer has a command dash, command grab, and pseudo-rekkas

I only played accent core(?) for xbox and played the robot prince dude

J3qcnBP.png
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I only played accent core(?) for xbox and played the robot prince dude

robo ky is king

yes but it's not executed nearly the same, the flow is a lot different, and i said makoto

lfYVHTd.png
    . The few games I've played, I've made horrible "theme teams" like "all these guys have a sword" or "people that are green"

One of my favourite theme teams is Dorm/Strange/Shuma. aka "Keep your enemies closer".

Iron man/Viper/Phoenix Wright aka "Team Day Job"

that team would be more She Hulk/Phoenix Wright/Chris

lfYVHTd.png
    god that's a bad team

lfYVHTd.png
    i'm watching pr balrog play marvel

i don't think i have ever seen or heard someone press so many extraneous buttons

You havent heard me play

J3qcnBP.png
    or seen the excellent adventures with poongko

lfYVHTd.png
    this is how his wolverine combos sound

CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK

This discussion has been closed.