As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, You Cannot Have An Anime Thread (updated: Jan 7 2014)

ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
edited January 2014 in Debate and/or Discourse
There have been a lot of questions posed as to whether or not D&D can host an anime thread. To save dedicated anime fans some of their precious time, I have created this simple means of determining if the mods and administrative staff here might consider allowing the anime thread's return:

If this post is still stickied at the top of the forum, there is a zero percent chance of the thread coming back.

If ever we are willing to reconsider, this post will be removed. If the post is still here, and you ask us, we will probably not respond. If we do, the response will be a link to this post. There is no magic set of conditions you can suggest, no quid pro quos you can offer that will compel us to reconsider. Please do not waste our time and yours by crafting a 2000 word plea to our better sensibilities, because we don't have any.

Thank you!

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
Irond Will on

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    UPDATE: Dec 31, 2011

No, you still cannot have an anime thread

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Upon review, as of Jan 27 2013, anime appears to still be about the same as last year

anime thread status: still disallowed

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Irond Will has been kidnapped by crwth and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Strong as an ox? You got the wrong ANIMAL.
    My nom deplume ain’t a MAMMAL.
    If HEAVY LIFTING won’t fix what ails ya
    For TWENTY BUCKS I might erase ya!
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    what a place to get kidnapped

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    after consideration, we are making the following change to the anime thread policy:

1) no general anime thread in D&D

2) no new specific topic anime threads either

Basically what this means is that if you want to discuss anime - either the general topic or your specific favorite anime - you should really look for another forum or subforum to do this. I'm positive they're out there and they're better-suited for the kind of environment you're looking for than D&D will ever be.

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.