As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] About Sad Silent Types Wearing Porkpie Hats

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Will doesn't hate anime so much as he hates fans of anime.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Well, actually it rips off the composition of his derivative work of Sir Mix-A-Lot's baby got back. Since it's a derivative he probably can't sue them. However armchair audio analysts seem to have found they actually use some of his backtracks (I think that's the right world) so he might have a claim based on that

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Will is just tsundere for the animes.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm pretty depressed today. Someone cheer me up please.

I woke up this morning and rolled over to my girlfriend's side of the bed to cuddle. She wasn't there. She broke up with me last week. She will never be there again. I've been on the verge of tears about this all day.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So this song on Glee is really controversial because apparently it rips off Jonathan Coulton's "Still Alive" from Portal.

I started watching it... and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TMmBPF0vljM#!

literally every person in this video is wearing weird clothes or has weird facial expressions

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    you're just getting old, john

kids don't solely do the 'stink-eye' anymore these days

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Wow. The advert for the new series of Black Mirror is incredible.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Or Hamlet was idly thinking about rubbing one out. I wouldn't put it past him.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is actually news to anyone. But I had heard from multiple people, on this forum and others, that the SMAC on Good Old Games didn't offer the expansion pack due to a licensing issue.

It seems as though this may no longer be the case.
    What's cool about it:
    Includes the Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire expansion.
    Great spin-off of the legendary Civilization series, in a refreshing Sci-Fi setting
    Design your own units. Balance their speed, power, and toughness to suit your current tactical needs
    Seven factions to chose from, each with its own artificial intelligence model that creates a very suggestive feeling that you are up against real people

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I woke up this morning and rolled over to my girlfriend's side of the bed to cuddle. She wasn't there. She broke up with me last week. She will never be there again. I've been on the verge of tears about this all day.

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

• Options
    richy

i'll be your girlfriend

you just have to give korean eddy three cartons of smokes

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    here's a good acoustic cover of a song that normally wouldn't be covered acoustically!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E1p0sA8bgGA

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    here's a good acoustic cover of a song that normally wouldn't be covered acoustically!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E1p0sA8bgGA

as almost every commented on youtube points out, the best part of this video is the guy in the background enjoying the fuck out of it

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So this song on Glee is really controversial because apparently it rips off Jonathan Coulton's "Still Alive" from Portal.

snip

It's JoCo's Baby Got Back, dummy!

Like his instrumentation and arrangement and even his duck quack noise at one point.

And it was hilarious the first time I heard it. This Glee version is somewhat less charming, but I don't know how much of that was down to it being an old song at this point or simply knowing it was an uncredited rip of someone else's work.

And people are saying it's no big deal cause JoCo's is a cover anyway, missing the point that no one cares they're using the song - that's Mix A Lot's work, it's that they're using his wholely original arrangement of it. Without permission or credit.

Oh but they left in a few of the lines which Coulton added, such as "Johnny C's in trouble..." but I'm pretty sure that's due to them not noticing that wasn't in the original.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

hang in there bro, it will get better in time

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    My dogg is grumping. He's on the couch asleep, dreaming his little chicken dreams and wiggling his little chicken legs.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

This is the worst break-up I've been through. It's still really painful after a week.

This girl was so damn close to being my ideal woman, and I was head-over-heels in love with her. I'm scared I'll never again meet anyone as good for me as she was.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    richy

i'll be your girlfriend

you just have to give korean eddy three cartons of smokes

the puhfect dowry

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    My dogg is grumping. He's on the couch asleep, dreaming his little chicken dreams and wiggling his little chicken legs.

i took my dog to the nursing home to see my grandmother today, he was an instant hit

i had to lead him around the room for everyone to pat him

he loved it because he is the worlds biggest attention whore

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is actually news to anyone. But I had heard from multiple people, on this forum and others, that the SMAC on Good Old Games didn't offer the expansion pack due to a licensing issue.

It seems as though this may no longer be the case.
    What's cool about it:
    Includes the Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire expansion.
    Great spin-off of the legendary Civilization series, in a refreshing Sci-Fi setting
    Design your own units. Balance their speed, power, and toughness to suit your current tactical needs
    Seven factions to chose from, each with its own artificial intelligence model that creates a very suggestive feeling that you are up against real people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av8NTy5WkFc

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

This is the worst break-up I've been through. It's still really painful after a week.

This girl was so damn close to being my ideal woman, and I was head-over-heels in love with her. I'm scared I'll never again meet anyone as good for me as she was.

Nooo Richy! I'm sorry. :(

• Options

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

i've never had that

maybe i never will

what i'm saying is

it's better to have loved and lost...

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Women activists ---> Talks about looks

natch

chu and i were discussing this irony

also i finally found out what "natch" means. before i thought it was something old-timey people like jacob and feral said, like "saloon" or whatever

the first time I ever saw that word was in a Garfield strip when i was a kid and i didn't get it

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TMmBPF0vljM#!

Wow, this is what everyone got up in arms over?

It's terrible. This is the Jonathan Coulton version?

He should be ashamed of his shitty cover.

I can hear his standard background music for it. But I think it is also that it is Glee and they really haven't done anything worth watching in ages. Here is the original. Reminds me a lot of his First of May.

http://youtu.be/MCWaN_Tc5wo

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

i've never had that

maybe i never will

what i'm saying is

No, it's not. Because then you know what you've lost. Ignorance is bliss.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The problem with that cover is that there are kids there and the song is pretty explicit

• Options
    Jonathan Coulton is pretty awful.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    since i male gazed skippy hard, for like a solid twenty seconds, when i first met him (he was standing at the side of the road, i rolled in real slow, windows tinted, two pairs of sunglasses on, cholo lean on full blast) i can guess at his measurements

44L, maybe 36 waist, a solid three fiddy

350?!

you motherfucker

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

That sounds shitty. It always takes a while to get over it. I hope you manage to find peace soon.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

i've never had that

maybe i never will

what i'm saying is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwHdW5BIVo8

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

First of May is a wonderful song though

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

You monster.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Women activists ---> Talks about looks

natch

chu and i were discussing this irony

also i finally found out what "natch" means. before i thought it was something old-timey people like jacob and feral said, like "saloon" or whatever

the first time I ever saw that word was in a Garfield strip when i was a kid and i didn't get it

oh god, it was the same for me. Out of one of the collections. I think he was knitting something, but I don't remember what.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    If you're a 44L with a 36 waist, where are you keeping the extra 150lbs to be 350?

44L with a 36 waist is a bit too close to 46L with a 36 waist for me to not look at my gut and sigh.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    i was just joking! plus the phrase amuses me

• Options
    350 with a 36 waist ain't happening

• Options

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

i've never had that

maybe i never will

what i'm saying is

No, it's not. Because then you know what you've lost. Ignorance is bliss.

na

doesn't work like that i'm afraid

i guess what we can take away from this is either way you're going to feel like shit

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

Tav were you the guy saying Mike Patton is awful the other day?

Cause I'm seeing a pattern!

What do you think of MC Frontalot.?

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.