As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [chat] About Sad Silent Types Wearing Porkpie Hats

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Women activists ---> Talks about looks

natch

chu and i were discussing this irony

also i finally found out what "natch" means. before i thought it was something old-timey people like jacob and feral said, like "saloon" or whatever

the first time I ever saw that word was in a Garfield strip when i was a kid and i didn't get it

oh god, it was the same for me. Out of one of the collections. I think he was knitting something, but I don't remember what.

I... I think me too.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    350 with a 36 waist ain't happening

And a round thing in your face?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm 270 and have a 44 waist. At 350 I was 50 something

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    350 with a 36 waist ain't happening

It's mostly balls and pecs.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oh brilliant
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I'm pretty depressed today. Someone cheer me up please.

I woke up this morning and rolled over to my girlfriend's side of the bed to cuddle. She wasn't there. She broke up with me last week. She will never be there again. I've been on the verge of tears about this all day.

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

This is the worst break-up I've been through. It's still really painful after a week.

This girl was so damn close to being my ideal woman, and I was head-over-heels in love with her. I'm scared I'll never again meet anyone as good for me as she was.
    This is where I was last year, Richy.

Fast foward to now and my new lady is wonderful and awesome and etc etc etc

You'll find someone. :^:

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Oh you're tracking me because I'm fat, Geth? Well fuck your robot ass. You can't have orgasms.

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I thought natch was short for naturally

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm 270 and have a 44 waist. At 350 I was 50 something

geth is clearly displeased that you're making yourself a smaller, more mobile target

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Jonathan Coulton is pretty awful.

Tav were you the guy saying Mike Patton is awful the other day?

Cause I'm seeing a pattern!

What do you think of MC Frontalot.?

No, I said the best thing Mike Patton has done is that DEP ep

because it is

also, awful.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular

I woke up this morning and rolled over to my girlfriend's side of the bed to cuddle. She wasn't there. She broke up with me last week. She will never be there again. I've been on the verge of tears about this all day.

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

This is the worst break-up I've been through. It's still really painful after a week.

This girl was so damn close to being my ideal woman, and I was head-over-heels in love with her. I'm scared I'll never again meet anyone as good for me as she was.

That sounds shitty. It always takes a while to get over it. I hope you manage to find peace soon.

Thanks Shivahn. I hope so too. It's really shitty.

sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    So this song on Glee is really controversial because apparently it rips off Jonathan Coulton's cover of Baby Got Back. Edit: He also wrote "Still Alive" from Portal. That was the source of my confusion.

I started watching it... and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TMmBPF0vljM#!
    1237917779613a_zps815579ae.jpg

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I have a 36" waist and I'm just shy of 200 (90kg), though I'm also 6'4" (1m94)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Woah Chanus I'm having double vision!

Four Chanus'

Chanusi?

Oh brilliant
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    So this song on Glee is really controversial because apparently it rips off Jonathan Coulton's cover of Baby Got Back. Edit: He also wrote "Still Alive" from Portal. That was the source of my confusion.

I started watching it... and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TMmBPF0vljM#!
    1237917779613a_zps815579ae.jpg

Yeah bro I know that feels.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I have a 36" waist and I'm just shy of 200 (90kg), though I'm also 6'4" (1m94)

6'4"/210 here with a 36 waist that can feel a bit snug.

Down from 225 over the summer though! All I did was stop eating entire oven pizzas for dinner every night (this is mostly true).

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    33 waist, 180ish, 6'2"

Weird how much variance there is in similarly sized people

Evil Multifarious on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @_J_ @MrMister I just saw this this morning, and it applies to the conversation we were having last night.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Four new limited edition Kitkats!

SOLD

170 pounds 32" waist

my life ain't all bad

Woah Chanus I'm having double vision!

Four Chanus'

Chanusi?

Are you calling me fat?!

Chanoose is the plural.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    are yall measuring your waist or going by pants size? I have a 34 waist but I wear 32s since they do the whole vanity thing in apparel measurement

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    edited January 2013
    Some of chat's eating habits scare me.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

Fast forward to now and my new lady is wonderful and awesome and etc etc etc

Thanks Spectre. I really hope it works out that way for me too. I mean I know I won't be this depressed forever, and I know I'm never getting back together with her, but finding someone even better in a year like you did would be more than I'm hoping for right now!

sig.gif
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Oh you're tracking me because I'm fat, Geth? Well fuck your robot ass. You can't have orgasms.

It's pretty easy to track fatties. They're easy to spot and get winded from walking

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i'm 265 and i waffle between a 38 and a 40 depending on brand

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Casual wrote: »
    170 pounds 32" waist

my life ain't all bad

I always assumed you were smaller and now I realize it's because your avatar is not a large dog.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    at my heaviest ever (315-320?) i was a 44

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    320 down to 265

44 to a 38

Also no one judge me based on my avatar.

I do not weigh six hundred pounds.

Casual wrote: »
    170 pounds 32" waist

my life ain't all bad

I always assumed you were smaller and now I realize it's because your avatar is not a large dog.

is that small or is it just "not fat"

think about it

TehSpectre wrote: »

I'm sorry, that sucks.

You're not alone here.
    >.>

Thanks.

Fast forward to now and my new lady is wonderful and awesome and etc etc etc

Thanks Spectre. I really hope it works out that way for me too. I mean I know I won't be this depressed forever, and I know I'm never getting back together with her, but finding someone even better in a year like you did would be more than I'm hoping for right now!
    If you need help, ye ole internet dating thread helped me break my rut.

It'll all work out, dude.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    200 before my wife got pregnant, in striking distance of my 185 goal

babby 8 months old, now i weigh 225

fuck this reproductive earth

i think you and i have similar body types. you're what, 6'-1" or so, right?

I'm not a fat slob like you though. I am still in striking distance of our mutual 185 lb goal.

185 and I have a 36 waist. Only 5'10, though.

Damn my belly fat! I look p slim in clothes, though.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I wish I wasn't addicted to internet forums.

Clearly there is scope for some kind of chat diet support group. Possibly with an app that sends you abuse when somebody weighs less than you.

I have never measured my waist.

My chest on the other hand I measured a few days ago >.>

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Occasionally, another student may come out of nowhere, Jeremy Lin style, and dominate a particular class, only to break my heart by fading permanently back into the woodwork the following week, Jeremy Lin-style.

hee hee hee hee hee

sob

aRkpc.gif
    I wish I wasn't addicted to internet forums.

I should be either writing an essay or programming right now.

This discussion has been closed.