As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[mini-phalla] Trouble aboard the SS Phallatomic! - Village and Langly Victory

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I was in propulsion.

Also, errr.... as the Mill vote wasn't a sure thing until right at the end of the day, can we hypothesize that the mafia actually tried to move it off of him?

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Not a bad result for Day 1, guys.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    I was in engineering last night

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I was in the cabin

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Does anyone have a hole in their suit? Does anyone. Hole?
    Please see us. Me. See.
    Airlock. No one to bother us there.
    Bother us. Both....us

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I was in Engineering last night. I did not attack anyone, but I took some damage from gunfire myself.

MSL59.jpg
    So someone disappeared, or the map number is wrong.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm in the cabin today. Available actions are:

Security Scanner
    Sabotage - Disable the scanner
    Repair

Storage
    Search Weapons Locker - Find a new weapon

No sabotage or repair option for storage.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Day 1 I'm in the cabin!

Also, some people did 9 damage to me, so thanks.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    That's a lot of damage retaba, would have been hard for enough villagers to coordinate that day 1

PSN SeGaTai
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Figure there may have been a couple of mafia in the cabin day 1 then? Any idea how many people did damage to you?

Here's something I find interesting. The transceiver and warp drive are now functional. Based on host clarification from yesterday, if anyone had tried to sabotage them they would have remained sabotaged. Additionally, the auto-pilot was not sabotaged. A sabotaged auto-pilot would have prevented us from dodging asteroids. Maybe the mafia on the bridge decided to have a shoot-out instead? I took no damage last night, so I have no idea if something happened or not.

edited January 2013
    That makes a certain amount of sense, Mega.

Incidentally, available actions in propulsion last night:
    Sabotage Sublight Engine
    Repair Sublight Engine

Sabotage Reactor Containment
    Repair Reactor Containment

EDIT: I made no action last night, by the way.

GrimmyTOA on
    While we're in the business of reporting in, I also took no repair/sabotage actions.

Currently Playing:
    Also, I may have missed the clarification, but do we yet know what effect repairing the transceiver and warp drives will have?

Oh, and Is it possible to Repair an undamaged system in order to foil attempts at further sabotage?

Currently Playing:
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Sabotage happens after repairs, so the sabotage would still go through.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I've updated this post containing the Day 1 claimed locations.

Reporting your location is useful if the mafia have location-based actions, which seems likely.

So feel free to report in.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    We should not be reporting what actions you took. That's silly.

You should, however, accurately report your location for the previous night.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I'm sick as a dog, so my participation isn't going to be that high. @Premium if you can find a replacement it wouldn't be a terrible idea.

I was in propulsion last night.

• BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    I was in propulsion day 1.

I haven't seen the rest of the ship but is there are room that would do the least damage for the vent to be activated in?

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
    The... vent?

Steam profile
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    bertezbertez for asking where to start killing crew members.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hide in the vent. There is one who seeks to shed the killing light.
    We absorb bertez

I really doubt a mafia member is going to ask a question like that.

• AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Langly wrote: »
    I really doubt a mafia member is going to ask a question like that.

Then a VERY goosey villager. Vote stays.

Anialos on
    kime wrote: »
    The... vent?

If the reactor containment is sabotaged, poison gas sort of ... gets vented into the ship. Just until the reactor is repaired.

The flow can be directed, but I thought that might have been an ability not everyone has. As I am never planning on venting the gas, and I didn't want the mafia to know that the flow could be moved if they didn't already, I decided not to make too big a deal of it.

Bertez apparently can do the same trick, although why he'd want to is quite beyond me.

• BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    So this anomaly scanner. I guess its used to just find some sort of toxic leak in another room? What were the results people got last night?

I was in the cabin and moved, but yeah. I guess I was hit by mafia? I found a gun that does 3 damage instead of 2 so hooray.

Also, no idea on how many it just says my life is knocked down.

So this anomaly scanner. I guess its used to just find some sort of toxic leak in another room? What were the results people got last night?

What? No, it's for finding mafia.

Mill wasn't a different role, he was like, body snatched or mind controlled. He was a security guard.

The anomalies are pretty obviously controlled crewman, who are the mafia.

• BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    :/ This is silly.

Someone posted about the properties of the propulsion room awhile back so that cat is out of the bag if the mafia doesn't already have more information than we do. This poison gas business is kind of a big deal as it can inflict massive casualties and block off multiple important parts of the ship by the nature of there only being 4 rooms.

I'm not exactly sure how multiple people messing with the same thing works but my thinking is that we should try to keep village control of where that vent goes so that people can keep it from doing to much damage or at least know what to expect and guard essential people.

...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
    @BradicusMaximus did you attempt to use it? If so, I'd like to know where via PM pretty please.

It can't really block off areas, though. It can make them unpleasant, and it could certainly finish off someone if they're close to death, but it's not going to totally interdict an area or slaughter people wholesale.

That said, I agree that we should keep villager control of the system. Obviously. It seems like there are a lot of critical systems, though. Hard to say which one's the most critical at the moment.

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Hey, Grimmy. Life Support and the Reactor can both be used to make an area dangerous. I can't tinker with the life support one, but I can redirect the reactor vents; not that I'd ever consider doing such a thing.

Has anybody found the light switch yet? I got ... bumped into last night by another crewman. It was awkward.

I'm saying he hit me in the butt with his pelvis.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
    Lights are permanently broken, check the narrations. Those aren't getting fixed barring something unexpected happening.

Steam profile
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Lights are permanently broken, check the narrations. Those aren't getting fixed barring something unexpected happening.

Okay, one: Uh, if the lights are out, how do you expect me to read anything? Two: "permanently" doesn't last as long as you might think, based on my experiences getting banned from certain eastern bloc "establishments." Three: I ran out of triple sec thirty minutes ago, where is the goddamn triple sec?

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Word on the street is that explosives can be crafted that do 3 damage to everyone in an area. Be aware.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Do explosives go off the night they are set? Seems like as long as we continue to update where we were the previous night explosive users will hopefully give themselves away.

PSN SeGaTai
    They do not. They wait one night.

And in case anyone missed it, Langly and MegaMek are probably not mafia.