As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2013 D&D Fancy Dinner (Friday, March 22)

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    What's your limit for people coming?

If your maximum hasn't been reached yet,I am in.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    we don't really have a limit i guess

k

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I am IN this year.

+1

I will finally meet the fabled One-Eyed Jew.

• Options
    I will sit on you.

• Options
    oh, before i forget, i want to reiterate that we are still aiming for a fairly dressy situation. i will just restate what i said last year:
    As is the tradition, this is a fancy dinner. It won't be white tablecloth, but all the same we would love if everyone dresses as classy as they can manage. I understand that not everyone has scads of formal clothing. I also get that some of you are already stretched thin with how much luggage you're bringing. That's ok. Optimally I'd hope for the standard to be suits and dresses... but if you can't do that, you're still welcome. Just please try do what you can to keep up the atmosphere that so many of us have been looking forward to all year. Please don't wear denim or a tshirt or whatever.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Yeah and this time we should take a picture -- I didn't get all dolled up for no pictures!

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Sweatpants and a mesh tank it is

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    i don't even own a suit.

just, at least a collared shirt and non denim (non sweat, also :o) pants would be great.

err on the side of fancier if you can tho

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Are fedoras okay?

is this a serious question
    244qp0w.jpg

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Are fedoras okay?

the right kind of fedora

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    someone on boston yelp recommended this:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/petit-robert-central-boston

it's roughly the same distance as the marliave, and seems to be priced similarly- maybe a bit lower. some french options.

thoughts?

• Options
    The menu looks great.

We should find out how much to do an event in one of the side rooms

• Options
    though i just checked out their 'event brochure' page and it seems like they're huge on that stuff- offering magicians and shit as entertainment. :p no thanks.

i'll call tomorrow to see if they just offer a prix fixe or something like that for a group our size, without us having to put down a big deposit or whatever.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    though i just checked out their 'event brochure' page and it seems like they're huge on that stuff- offering magicians and shit as entertainment. :p no thanks.

i'll call tomorrow to see if they just offer a prix fixe or something like that for a group our size, without us having to put down a big deposit or whatever.

I think over 20 they're going to require a deposit. I think we could reserve one of their smaller rooms for a sit down dinner. I think they'll do a menu similar to marliave. the question is will it be tons more expensive.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    someone on boston yelp recommended this:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/petit-robert-central-boston

it's roughly the same distance as the marliave, and seems to be priced similarly- maybe a bit lower. some french options.

thoughts?

i've been to petit robert once. it's basically french bistro food and I found it not amazing.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    will my new rule is for every two you shoot down you have to suggest one :3

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    There's a Popeye's in Fenway

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    i feel like both justin and robos liked that malaysian place you went to. is there a reason that wasn't chosen for a repeat? i think it'd be cool to try chinese or malaysian or indian or something like that.

• Options
    can we get a better spot in the malaysian place?

or jsut rent out that backroom of the chinese place

• Options
    The best Indian I know is Shanti. It's in Dorchester though so I doubt anyone wants to hike it there, and may a little awkward to dress up super nice for it

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    i just called peach farm. they said they can do a fixed menu type deal for big groups, but it's something they do in person i guess? "you'd have to come down and look at my menu". jerks!

• Options
    i just called peach farm. they said they can do a fixed menu type deal for big groups, but it's something they do in person i guess? "you'd have to come down and look at my menu". jerks!

yessssssss yesss

• Options
    I LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA SIGMUND

• Options
    dog will or somebody in boston can do some legwork

it's for a good cause

• Options
    will

jake

how you guys doin

:3

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    if chinese is what yall end up choosing i'm gonna order a bucket of general tso's and eat it with my hands

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    peach farm is actually pretty legit

so for instance you can get fish head or you can have your daughter bludgeoned to death at the table

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Wasn't there a restaurant that was really enthusiastic about having us last year, but then something came up that made us switch to the Marliave? I can't remember all the circumstances.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    haha i found the post
    Irond Will wrote:
    I finally heard back from Abigails like yesterday. He was like "So we're going to make a signature cocktail for you guys and we're offering the full menu etc." He really seemed excited about the whole thing so I felt kind of bad telling him that we hadn't heard back and made other arrangements. Maybe I'll take you guys to Abigails one of the other nights for drinks.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE CALL THEM BACK

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    i'd certainly not mind a cambridge dinner. i love everything i saw on that side of the water. very charming mixed architecture, nicer people than downtown it seemed too.

• Options
    Don't put on airs, Chu.

Nobody's impressed.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Hells yes, call abigails

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

I think it's gonna be during restaurant week in Boston, I dunno if you've been mentioning the dates but I think a lot of places will have already prepared prix fixe menus for the week and may just not realize that this dinner coincides with it.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2013
    Chu.

I think I'm in +1

I can't 100% confirm at this point, but it's looking like I'll make it.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    :3

i will add you, just do me a favor and make sure you bold or colorize your text if you have to back out, so i don't miss it if it happens

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Will do.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I'll get in touch with Abigails again and find out what's up. The reason that I wasn't really into going back to the Malaysian place (or a Chinese place) was that there was a pretty substantial language barrier. Like, walking into the Malaysian place I felt like it was about 50/50 whether or not i had actually succeeded in reserved tables.

Abigails is close to the red line, which is pretty convenient for those of you staying in the convention area (just a walk up to South Station). Abigails is also a pretty decent bar and there's plenty of other stuff in Kendall if you want to kick around.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    yeah when i spoke with the peach farm dude it was a real pain in the ass communicating what i wanted- and he sounded like the owner, from the verbiage he was using. justin is gonna go check out peach farm tomorrow and see if they're accommodating. unless it turns out they have crazy-good deals or something i don't think i'd be into dealing with all that.

i'm fine heading up to abigails if they're still interested. i remember you had pretty good things to say last year.

Organichu on